Fringe Sport Contrast Bumper Plates
- Manufacturer: Fringe Sport
- Plate Type: Rubber Bumper Plate
- Insert Type: Stainless Steel Center Ring
- Weight System: LB/Pounds
- Weight Increments: 10LB-55LB
- Durometer Rating/Bounce: 85/Medium Bounce
- Weight Tolerance: +/- 1%
- Diameter: 450mm
- Hole Size: 50.4mm
- Color: Black w/ Color Lettering
- Made in: Import
- Warranty: 1 Year on 10-15LB & 3 Years on 25LB+
Read below to get a detailed look at the Fringe Sport Contrast Bumper Plates including product details, features, real user feedback, and more.
Fringe Sport Contrast Bumper Plates
The Fringe Sport Contrast Bumper Plates are the exact same plates as their Black Bumper Plates, which the only differences being price (these are slightly more expensive) and the color. Instead of being all black, the Contrast Bumpers include colored lettering that corresponds to the IWF color scheme.
Fringe Sport also sells a full color version of these plates.
Read more for details.
Features & Highlights
- Low Bounce – These plates have a 90 durometer rating on the 10LB and 15LB plates and an 85 rating on 25LB+. This creates a medium-to-low bounce, which means you won’t be chasing your bar around the gym like you would with a bouncier plate. These ratings are generally consistent with plates of similar style.
- Center Ring – These plates use a stainless steel center ring insert with a 50.4mm diameter. This is consistent with similar plates and it accommodates Olympic-sized barbells nicely.
- Raised Flanges– The outer edges of the plates are raised to help when picking the plates up from a flat position or otherwise carrying them.
- Weight Offerings – Fringe Contrast Bumpers can be purchased from 10LB up to 55LB and they’re sold in pairs. They’re also available in sets ranging from 100LB up to 460LB, which is one of the most comprehensive set offerings on the market. All pairs and sets offer free shipping.
- Plate Width – These bumpers offer a nice overall width. They aren’t as narrow as higher-end plates, but they’re very comparable to competitive similar-style plates. Plate widths are as follows:
- 10LB – 1.05″
- 15LB – 1.2″
- 25LB – 1.87″
- 35LB – 2.35″
- 45LB – 2.9″
- 55LB – 3.2″
- Durability – These plates have a very strong reputation when it comes to durability. They include a hooked center insert that helps improve longevity. With this style of plate, the most common durability concerns center around the insert loosening over time and the rubber chipping. User feedback has been excellent overall, however, and these should last years, especially in a home gym setting.
- Weight Tolerance – The Contrast Bumpers from Fringe have a weight tolerance of +/- 1%, which is very competitive on this style of plate.
- Aesthetics – These are great-looking bumpers with the raised, color lettering. They have classic look, but the colors help make it easier to identify as compared to an all-black plate.
- Warranty – Fringe Sport offers an impressive warranty on these plates. They warranty the 10LB & 15LB plates for 1 year, which is longer than most (6 months or less), and they warranty 25LB+ for 3 years.
What They’re Saying at fringesport.com
Fringe Sport Contrast Bumper Plates receive very positive feedback from users. With an average rating of 5/5, here are some of the things people have said at fringesport.com.
- “Bumper plates are great quality. They make little noise when deadlifting and squatting heavy. Very little bounce. Top quality materials and these bumpers are indeed thinner but same diameter than most other bumper plates which means more weight on the bar.”
- “I have purchased lighter bumper plates from other suppliers, and they are typically low quality and do not handle much if any abuse. The contrast bumper plates I purchased (15 pound pair) are significantly higher quality that the “low cost” plates I purchased elsewhere. Very little lateral deflection under load, and a good, rigid rubber material. I would recommend these plates if you are interested in the smaller, thinner bumper plates.”
- “They hold up, look great, easy to organize, feel sturdy as all hell. I replaced my garages mis-matched plates with these – super glad I did!”
- “Love fringe products especially these plates! Great quality comparable to brand name products out there but can’t beat the Price and customer service!”
- “Just started building a home gym and needed a good set of lighter bumpers since I’m just getting into crossfit and dropping weights. My first set of generic 10lb started bending after a few drops so I needed something better and affordable. So far these have been great. Ended up getting the 15 and 10lbs for me and my wife and they’ve been nothing short of awesome. As we build up our gym, we’ll definitely be ordering more from Fringe. Plus can’t beat the fast delivery.”
- “Nice quality for the money. I will definitely buy more bumper plates here.”
- “The only complaint I have is that my 45lbs bumper’s blue colored writing is flaking off already after about 2 weeks. Other then that, I am very happy with this purchase.”
Garage Gym Lab Review
Garage Gym Lab has not yet reviewed these plates.
The below plates were picked as alternatives to the Fringe Sport Contrast Bumper Plates.