Rogue HG 2.0 KG Bumper Plates
- Manufacturer: Rogue Fitness
- Plate Type: Rubber Bumper Plate
- Insert Type: Stainless Steel Center Ring
- Weight System: KG/Kilograms
- Weight Increments: 5KG-25KG
- Durometer Rating/Bounce: 88/Medium Bounce
- Weight Tolerance: +/- 1%
- Diameter: 450mm
- Hole Size: 50.4mm
- Color: Black
- Made in: Import
- Warranty: 90 Days on 5KG & 3 Years on 10KG+
Read below to get a detailed look at the Rogue HG 2.0 KG Bumper Plates including product details, features, real user feedback, and more.
Rogue HG 2.0 KG Bumper Plates
Rogue HG 2.0 KG Bumper Plates are some of the most popular economy bumpers on the market. These plates have a solid reputation, they offer a tight weight tolerance, and they produce a minimal bounce, among other things.
These plates are ideal for CrossFit and general training.
This is the KG variant – you can find the LB HG 2.0 Plates here.
Read more for details.
Features & Highlights
- Low Bounce – These plates have a durometer rating of 88, which provides a low bounce. Compare this to Hi-Temps with a rating of 75 and a high bounce, and you can rest assured these will produce a dead blow. A rating of 88 is in-line with several higher-end competition/training-style plates (88+). The higher the rating, the harder the material and the lower the bounce.
- Stainless Steel Center Ring – The center ring is made of stainless steel, which is very durable and protects nicely against oxidation. The ring itself measures 50.4mm, which is on par with more expensive competition-style plates. This will provide a very solid fit on Olympic-sized barbells.
- Raised Flanges– The outer edges of the plates are raised to help when picking the plates up from a flat position or otherwise carrying them.
- Weight Offerings – Rogue HG 2.0 KG Bumpers can be purchased from 5KG up to 25KG and they’re sold in pairs. They’re also available in sets ranging from 90KG up to 150KG. Pricing on sets includes shipping, whereas individual pairs do not.
- Plate Width – These bumpers are fairly wide, which is one of their downsides. They aren’t as wide as something like Hi-Temps, but this is something to be aware of, as you may find yourself maxing out the sleeves quickly. Plate widths are as follows:
- 5KG – 1″
- 10KG – 1.75″”
- 15KG – 2.625″
- 20KG – 3.25″
- 25KG – 3.5″
- Durability – These plates overall have a good reputation for durability. Most negative feedback has centered around the hub loosening over time and the rubber chipping. It’s not recommended to drop the 5KG bumpers by themselves.
- Weight Tolerance – The HG 2.0 KG Bumpers have a weight tolerance of +/- 1%, which is very accurate for a non-competition plate.
- Aesthetics – These plates are nice-looking basic bumpers. They have a black-on-black look with raised lettering and a semi-gloss finish.
- Warranty – Rogue offers a 90-day warranty on 5KG plates and a 3-year warranty on 10KG+ plates.
What They’re Saying at Roguefitness.com
Rogue HG 2.0 KG Bumper Plates receive very positive feedback from users. With an average rating of 4.9/5, here are some of the things people have said at roguefitness.com.
- “I purchased a pair a few years back, l liked them so I just added two more pair to my home gym. Great bang for the buck!!”
- “Great bumper plates stand up to daily use. Cool look with the black on black. Also great international feel going metric.”
- “These bumpers exceeded my expectations in every way, which is true even more so now that I’ve been using them for a few months. I would buy them again in a heartbeat, and plan to grab other weights ASAP (if only they weren’t always sold out). Do yourself a favor and buy a pair, or 4, as soon as you have a chance.”
- “I’ve been using the bumper plates (150kg package) for a couple of weeks now and they are exactly as advertised, great to use.”
- “These are great bumpers. They are cheaper in price than other offerings from Rogue. But, they are not “cheap” bumpers in terms of quality. Ended up buying more of these after ordering a set as I really liked them.”
- “I love these things, great product. Really solid, just the right amount of bounce as well on them. Perfect for a home gym in your garage, cellar, or wherever.”
- “My issue is durability. Owned these for a month or 2 now. Already seeing little chips and pieces of rubber breaking away. Funny part is I don’t even Oly lift with these, I powerlift and use them for deadlifts. Definitely expected them to hold up for a long time, but I can see them wearing down in the near-ish future.”
- “One negative thing about these is the tire smell has not gone away after a few weeks now – roughly one month or more. The tire smell distracting to me on heavy lifts as I’m not used to it.”
Garage Gym Lab Review
Garage Gym Lab has not yet reviewed these plates.
The below plates were picked as alternatives to the Rogue HG 2.0 KG Bumper Plates.