Rogue HG 2.0 Bumper Plates
- Manufacturer: Rogue Fitness
- Plate Type: Rubber Bumper Plate
- Insert Type: Stainless Steel Center Ring
- Weight System: LB/Pounds
- Weight Increments: 10LB-55LB
- Durometer Rating/Bounce: 88/Medium Bounce
- Weight Tolerance: +/- 1%
- Diameter: 450mm
- Hole Size: 50.4mm
- Color: Black
- Made in: Import
- Warranty: 90 Days on 10-15lbs & 3 Years on 25lb+
Read below to get a detailed look at the Rogue HG 2.0 Bumper Plates including product details, features, real user feedback, and more.
Rogue HG 2.0 Bumper Plates
Rogue HG 2.0 Bumper Plates are some of the most popular budget-friendly bumpers on the market. Despite being priced similarly to Rogue Hi-Temps, the HG 2.0’s are slimmer, they have a lower bounce, they have a tighter weight tolerance, they offer a 55lb variant, they have an Olympic-sized diameter, and they have a better warranty.
These bumpers are ideal for CrossFit and general training.
This is the LB variant – you can find the KG JG 2.0 Plates here.
Read more for details.
Features & Highlights
- Low Bounce – These plates have a durometer rating of 88, which provides a low bounce. Compare this to Hi-Temps with a rating of 75 and a high bounce, and you can rest assured these will produce a dead blow. A rating of 88 is in-line with several higher-end competition/training-style plates (88+). The higher the rating, the harder the material and the lower the bounce.
- Stainless Steel Center Ring – The center ring is made of stainless steel, which is very durable and protects nicely against oxidation. The ring itself measures 50.4mm, which is on par with more expensive competition-style plates. This will provide a very solid fit on Olympic-sized barbells.
- Raised Flanges– The outer edges of the plates are raised to help when picking the plates up from a flat position or otherwise carrying them.
- Weight Offerings – Rogue HG 2.0 Bumpers can be purchased from 10LBS up to 55LBS and they’re sold in pairs. They’re also available in sets ranging from 160LBS up to 350LBS. Pricing on sets includes shipping, whereas individual pairs do not.
- Plate Width – These bumpers are fairly wide, which is one of their downsides. They aren’t as wide as something like Hi-Temps, but this is something to be aware of, as you may find yourself maxing out the sleeves quickly. Plate widths are as follows:
- 10LB – 1″
- 15LB – 1.375″
- 25LB – 2″
- 35LB – 2.75″
- 45LB – 3.25″
- 55LB – 3.75″
- Durability – These plates overall have a good reputation for durability. Most negative feedback has centered around the hub loosening over time and the rubber chipping. It’s not recommended to drop the 10LB or 15LB bumpers by themselves.
- Weight Tolerance – The HG 2.0 Bumpers have a weight tolerance of +/- 1%, which is very accurate for a non-competition plate.
- Aesthetics – These plates are nice-looking basic bumpers. They have a black-on-black look with raised lettering and a semi-gloss finish.
- ACFT Approved – The HG 2.0s are approved to be used in the United States Army Combat Fitness Test.
- Warranty – Rogue offers a 90-day warranty on 10LB-15LB plates and a 3-year warranty on 25LB+ plates.
What They’re Saying at Roguefitness.com
Rogue HG 2.0 Bumper Plates receive very positive feedback from users. With an average rating of 4.8/5, here are some of the things people have said at roguefitness.com.
- “I bought these bumpers about a month and half ago and they have held up well to both indoor and outdoor lifting. Some folks have expressed concern over the width of these bumper plates. This would only be a problem if you are consistently lifting >500 lbs.”
- “Quality is exactly what I’ve come to expect from Rogue. I’m sure you could buy more expensive plates, but why? I’m no Olympian, but use these daily for all the standard lifting options (deadlift, cleans, trapping children in the basement by blocking the door, etc), and they perform perfectly.”
- “I bought these a couple months ago and I’ve been very happy with the purchase. Just good solid plates. Well-built with a clean finish. Recommended!”
- “We originally purchased these plates for our fitness center because people broke 3 of our rubber coated 4 grip 45lb plates and we needed a solution for that problem. 4+ years later these bumpers are still in great shape with very minor chips in the rubber on a few plates. We highly recommend these to anyone who’s looking for a solid bumper plate for their facility or home gym! Rogue has been one of our go to brands and we couldn’t be happier with their products!”
- “I have had a complete set of these hg 2.0 bumpers for at least 5 years, they have took a beating and don’t even show it. The centers are not tore up and loose like others I have seen. Well worth every penny. “
- “They fit snuggly on the bar, have a great dead bounce and are perfect for making my smaller iron plates quieter while also bringing the bar up to the correct height for deadlifts. Super happy.”
- “My issue is durability. Owned these for a month or 2 now. Already seeing little chips and pieces of rubber breaking away. Funny part is I don’t even Oly lift with these, I powerlift and use them for deadlifts. Definitely expected them to hold up for a long time, but I can see them wearing down in the near-ish future.”
- “Bought a 160lb set a few months back. 25lb plates started showing wear and tear within a few weeks of indoor use. Center ring began to shift and cause the rubber to tear.”
Garage Gym Lab Review
Garage Gym Lab has not yet reviewed these plates.
The below plates were picked as alternatives to the Rogue HG 2.0 Bumper Plates.