Rogue MG-1 Multi-Grip Bar
- Manufacturer: Rogue Fitness
- Purpose: Neutral Swiss Bar
- Bar Weight: 39 lbs
- Grip Widths: 3 Widths (5.5″, 13.5″, 21.5″)
- Total Grip Options: 3
- Shaft Finish: Powder Coat
- Sleeve Finish: Powder Coat
- Olympic-Sized Sleeves: No
- Rackable: Yes
- Made In: USA
- Warranty: Limited Lifetime
Read below to get a detailed look at the Rogue MG-1 including product details, features, real user feedback, and more.
The Rogue MG-1 Multi Grip Bar is a no-frills neutral grip swiss bar with several grip options and an affordable price.
Read more for details.
Features & Highlights
- 3 Grip Widths – The Rogue MG-1 offers three neutral grip widths spaced at 5.5″, 13.5″, and 21.5″.
- Knurled Handles – Unlike many swiss bars that offer smooth handles, and the MG-1 offers a knurled handles for extra grip. The knurling isn't aggressive, but provides some tactile feeling beyond a smooth powdercoat.
- Rackable – This bar is rackable and will fit standard racks.
- Sleeve Length – On the MG-1, you get a sleeve length of 14″, which is in the wheelhouse for this style of bar.
- Powder Coat Finish – Powder Coat is a very common finish on specialty bars. It does a good job at limiting oxidation, but it does tend to show scuffs easily, especially on the sleeves and rack contact points.
- Non-Olympic Sized Sleeve – The sleeves on The Rogue MG-1 Multi-Grip Bar are not Olympic-sized, which means you will need specialty collars. My personal recommendation is Proloc since they can be used on any bar. They would very well and they're well-priced.
- Made in the USA – This bar is made in the USA, using USA & CAN steel.
From the Manufacturer
The newly redesigned, fully-welded Rogue MG-1 is one of the few multi-grip or Swiss bars in the industry with knurled handles. For powerlifters and other athletes looking to train a neutral grip for increased explosive strength—or to reduce stress on the shoulders—this versatile bar is a must-have addition to your arsenal.
With Version 2.0 of the Rogue Multi Grip Bar, we’ve introduced several new upgrades and features. First and foremost, all six handles now include knurling for an improved grip. We’ve also expanded the handle spacing by a half inch. What hasn’t changed is the MG-1’s quality steel construction—made in the USA with US steel or US & CAN steel—and its compatibility with most standard power racks and Oly plates.
Because the MG-1 has three sets of parallel handles to choose from, it’s an ideal tool for more dynamic training. Simply switch up your grip width or add chains, bands, etc., to customize the bar to your specific needs or rotate through your Max Effort and Dynamic Effort waves. Whether power is your forte or you specialize in GPP, the Rogue MG-1 2.0 is one of the quickest ways to bust plateaus with improved muscle recruitment.
What They're Saying at Rogue Fitness
The Rogue MG-1 receives good feedback from users. With an average rating of 4.5/5, here are some of the things people have said at roguefitness.com.
- “I've tried half a dozen different neutral grip bars, and this is still the best one that I found. Until enough room on the collars to hold more weight than most people can left, and the knurling is aggressive enough to give you traction, without tearing up your hands too bad. Great tool!!”
- “The bar allows chest and or tricep stimulation in a non traditional manner. Because the angle of attack differs from that of traditional straight bars the affected muscle groups are shocked to some extent. My workout partners and I feel the bar is helping in this regard. This is a new tool in our arsenal to help in the never ending pursuit of more muscle. Balancing the bar takes a a little getting use to but occurs rather quickly.”
- “I just tried this today. It felt more comfortable than using a standard barbell. Normally, I can feel a pinch in the shoulders with a BB; but not today! Thanks Rogue for a great product!”
- “Great knurling, solid bar that keeps you in good form. using it daily for over six months and still solid.”
- “I'm very pleased with this bar. I use it for narrow grip triceps, overhead presses, and strict bent over rows. Great feel and balance throughout. The triceps pump is tremendous which has led to a greater bench press as well as improved shoulder press strength. It can also be used for hammer curls. Awesome product!”
- “This bar really shows you how strong your chest is. Just like Dumbbells, you get to hold the bar with a natural hand position which helps with shoulder pain.”
- “My only suggestion would be to make it the same weight as a standard barbell. That way you don't have to worry about making up for the 6 lb difference.”
- “Love the bar, but only problem is paint is chipping off.”
Garage Gym Lab Review
Garage Gym Lab has not yet reviewed this bar.
The below barbells were picked as alternatives to the Rogue MG-1 Multi-Grip Bar: