Rogue Ohio Deadlift Bar – Cerakote
- Manufacturer: Rogue Fitness
- Purpose: Deadlifting
- Bar Weight: 20kg
- Tensile Strength: 190,000
- Yield Strength: N/A
- Knurl Type: Aggressive
- Center Knurl: No
- Knurl Marks: Powerlifting
- Shaft Finish: Cerakote (also available in black zinc, e-coat, & bare steel)
- Shaft Diameter: 27mm
- Sleeve Finish: Cerakote, Bare Steel, or Bright Zinc
- Sleeve Type: Grooved
- Rotation System: Bushing
- Made In: USA
- Warranty: Lifetime
Read below to get a closer look at the Rogue Cerakote Ohio Deadlift Bar including product details, features, real user feedback, and more.
Rogue Cerakote Ohio Deadlift Bar
The Rogue Cerakote Ohio Deadlift Bar is one of the most popular deadlift bars on the market. It represents a good value, comes in several Cerakote color options, and has a stellar reputation.
Read more for details.
Features & Highlights
- Cerakote Finish – Cerakote is a high-quality finish option that has been made popular on barbells due to its outstanding resistance to rust and corrosion. Originally created to be used on firearms, Cerakote has been shown to withstand abuse and harsh environments. If you train in a humid environment like a garage gym, Cerakote is a great option. The potential downside to Cerakote is that it’s applied on top of the shaft, which has a tendency to remove some of the raw feel of bare steel, stainless steel, etc.. shaft.
- Other Finish Options – This bar is also available in black zinc, e-coat, and bare steel. All of these finishes are less expensive than Cerakote, but they don't offer the same level of oxidation resistance. Bare Steel is the only one that will provide a better overall grip. The other finish options offer sleeves that are either bare steel or bright zinc.
- Knurling – The Rogue Cerakote Deadlift Bar, like most deadlift bars, will offer an aggressive knurling, making it ideal for heavy attempts.
- 27mm Shaft – This bar comes equipped with a thin 27mm shaft, which is standard for a deadlift bar. Between that and the shaft being ~4″ longer than a traditional barbell, the deadlift bar will experience significantly more whip, especially as compared to a 29mm power bar. This will allow you to overload the deadlift.
- Tensile Strength – Tensile strength on this bar is 190,000 PSI, which is consistent with other deadlift bars.
- Grooved Sleeves – The grooved sleeves will tend to keep the plates on the bar better than a smooth sleeve when not using collars, but they will also be louder. The sleeves on the Cerakote version offer a black Cerakote finish.
- Total Length & Sleeve length – The Rogue Ohio Deadlift Bar has a total length of 90.5″ with a loadable sleeve length of 15.5″. While the total length of this bar is longer than a traditional bar, the loadable sleeve length is actually shorter by a little less than 1″ on average. Compare this to the Texas Deadlift Bar, which has an 18″ loadable length. The Texas DL Bar is also 2″ longer in total.
- No Center Knurl – Because this is a deadlift-only barbell, there is no center knurl.
- American Made – This bar is made in America.
- Strong Warranty – The Rogue Ohio Deadlift Bar comes with a lifetime warranty
From the Manufacturer
The latest version of the Ohio Deadlift Bar introduces three new Cerakote color finishes, with your choice of a black, red, or OD green shaft. All options also include the Rogue logo on the center of the shaft and black Cerakote sleeves.
Like the original ODB, the Cerakote model is machined and assembled in Columbus, Ohio, and precision-engineered for the needs of the competitive deadlifter. The bar’s 190,000 PSI steel shaft is designed with a comparatively thin diameter (27MM) and longer overall length (90.50″ – just within most powerlifting federation standards). This combination creates a power bar that is both easier to grip and better equipped for producing maximum whip/flex when pulling. For many powerlifters, that greater flex means being able to pull from a higher point before the plates break off the floor, potentially increasing the amount of weight that can be lifted in the process.
The Ohio Deadlift Bar’s sleeves feature a quality snap ring construction—far superior to the cheaply produced bolt-and-pin style sleeves of some other brands. The powerlifting knurl marks on this bar are a bit deeper / more aggressive than our Ohio Power Bar, but machined in the same pattern. There is no center knurl.
What They're Saying at Rogue Fitness
The Rogue Cerakote Ohio Deadlift Bar receives very positive feedback from users. With an average rating of 4.9/5, here are some of the things people have said at roguefitness.com.
- “I bought my Deadlift bar a couple of months ago and have been completely satisfied with it. It arrived quickly and meets all of my expectations, as well as represents everything Rogue claims. The knurling of the bar is nicely aggressive, but does not tear your hands up – I think it's just right. I love the color combination the Cerakote provides and it provides a nice aesthetic in my home gym, matching my color theme quite well.”
- “Love this bar for deadlifting. Feels great in the hands and looks good.”
- “This bar is everything I could hope for. It's specifically made for deadlifting. The quality the aggressive knurling keeps your grip tight. Plus the overall look with the red cerakote. Simply beautiful. Everything you want and more with this bar. Thank you ROGUE.”
- “Awesome bar for any deadlift specialist. Aggressive knurling combined with a smaller bar diameter leads to a bulletproof grip. The amount of whip in the bar gives, serves as the perfect indicator for when you've taken all of the slack out, and are ready for your deadlift pull.”
- “Had an Okie deadlift bar for years but this bar is far better! Love the red and black colors!!!”
- “I wish I bought this bar years ago! The grip is excellent. I get a much better DL workout without having the bar slip out of my hands on heavy days. It also looks fantastic!”
- “Love my new Rogue deadlift bar. My only complaint is the green color is so dark it looks black. If I had know that, I would have gotten another color. Not a big deal but don’t be fooled by the green color online.”
Garage Gym Lab Review
Garage Gym Lab has not yet reviewed this bar.
The below barbells were picked as alternatives to the Rogue Cerakote Ohio Deadlift Bar: