Rogue Ohio Deadlift Bar
- Manufacturer: Rogue Fitness
- Purpose: Deadlifting
- Bar Weight: 20kg
- Tensile Strength: 190,000
- Yield Strength: N/A
- Knurl Type: Aggressive
- Center Knurl: No
- Knurl Marks: Powerlifting
- Shaft Finish: Bare Steel (also available in black zinc, e-coat, & Cerakote)
- Shaft Diameter: 27mm
- Sleeve Finish: Bare Steel, Bright Zinc, or Cerakote
- Sleeve Type: Grooved
- Rotation System: Bushing
- Made In: USA
- Warranty: Lifetime
Read below to get a closer look at the Rogue Ohio Deadlift Bar including product details, features, real user feedback, and more.
Rogue Ohio Deadlift Bar
The Rogue Ohio Deadlift Bar is one of the most popular deadlift bars on the market. It represents a good value, comes in multiple finish options, and has a stellar reputation.
Read more for details.
Features & Highlights
- Bare Steel – This bar comes standard in bare steel. Bare Steel is the most cost-effective “finish” available because… well… it's not finished in anything. Because of that, it ranks very highly in the ‘feel' department. You'll get a completely raw texture that provides outstanding grip. It also takes chalk very well. The downside to bare steel is that it's very prone to oxidation. There is no preventing it, although 3-in-1 oil or similar is commonly used to mitigate it.
- Other Finish Options – This bar is also available for an upcharge in black zinc, e-coat, and Cerakote. All of these finishes are better at oxidation resistance, but they don't offer the same raw feeling as bare steel due to their platings. The Cerakote version will come with a black Cerakote sleeve while the other two come with a bright zinc sleeve.
- Knurling – The Rogue Deadlift Bar, like most deadlift bars, will offer an aggressive knurling, making it ideal for heavy attempts.
- 27mm Shaft – This bar comes equipped with a thin 27mm shaft, which is standard for a deadlift bar. Between that and the shaft being ~4″ longer than a traditional barbell, the deadlift bar will experience significantly more whip, especially as compared to a 29mm power bar. This will allow you to overload the deadlift.
- Tensile Strength – Tensile strength on this bar is 190,000 PSI, which is consistent with other deadlift bars.
- Grooved Sleeves – The grooved sleeves will tend to keep the plates on the bar better than a smooth sleeve when not using collars, but they will also be louder. Like the shaft, these sleeves are also bare steel.
- Total Length & Sleeve length – The Rogue Ohio Deadlift Bar has a total length of 90.5″ with a loadable sleeve length of 15.5″. While the total length of this bar is longer than a traditional bar, the loadable sleeve length is actually shorter by a little less than 1″ on average. Compare this to the Texas Deadlift Bar, which has an 18″ loadable length. The Texas DL Bar is also 2″ longer in total.
- No Center Knurl – Because this is a deadlift-only barbell, there is no center knurl.
- American Made – This bar is made in America.
- Strong Warranty – The Rogue Ohio Deadlift Bar comes with a lifetime warranty
From the Manufacturer
The Rogue Ohio Deadlift Bar is one of our finest, precision-engineered power bars to date, generating a higher amount of flex ideal for deadlifting. Machined and assembled in Columbus, Ohio, the ODB features a 190,000 PSI shaft with a comparatively thin diameter (27MM) and longer overall length (90.50″ is just within most powerlifting federation standards). This combination creates a bar that’s both easier to grip and designed for increased whip/flex when pulling. For many power lifters, that greater flex means being able to pull from a higher point before the plates break off the floor, potentially increasing the amount of weight that can be lifted in the process.
Like all Rogue bushing bars, the Ohio Deadlift Bar includes sleeves with a quality snap ring which is far superior to the cheaply produced bolt-and-pin style sleeves of some other brands. The powerlifting knurl marks on this bar are a bit deeper / more aggressive than our Ohio Power Bar, but machined in the same pattern. There is no center knurl.
What They're Saying at Rogue Fitness
The Rogue Ohio Deadlift Bar receives very positive feedback from users. With an average rating of 4.8/5, here are some of the things people have said at roguefitness.com.
- “This is so much nicer than a normal Power Bar for deadlifting. The Knurling is just aggressive enough and in the right spots, and the diameter of the bar really helps get a good purchase on the bar. If you are pulling 4 plates or more you will also notice the extra whip in this bar, and once you get used to it you’ll love it.”
- “The knurling is sharp but not too sharp. It is a volcano pattern, where the pointy part of the mountain is cut off. It is probably the same knurl as the ohio power bar if I had to guess. It feels very secure in your hand but isn't harsh. The thinness of the bar (27mm) makes it easier to grip and makes it whippier as well.”
- “Best bar ever for deadlifts. Knurling is wicked and don't need chalk anymore! Just grabbing the bar builds confidence to pull anything loaded on the sleeves. Didn't believe it made a difference to have deadlift specific bar until now.”
- “I cannot express how much I love this bar, especially after using regular power bars for ten years. I could tell the weight was breaking the floor later even during my warmups, which feels amazing for someone my height (6’1”). I also totally underestimated how good the smaller bar diameter would feel. Besides the functionality, it’s a typically pretty Rogue bar.”
- “I bought two months ago and have use it several times. My deadlift has increased by 25 lbs and am much more excited when doing them. The bar really does do a good job as the grip level improved. Excellent purchase!!!”
- “The only complaint that I have is that it is LOUD compared to my other bars. There may be a reason, but I'm not sure. Whether it's touch and go's or dropping the bar, expect some noise.”
Garage Gym Lab Review
Garage Gym Lab has not yet reviewed this bar.
The below barbells were picked as alternatives to the Rogue Ohio Deadlift Bar: