Texas Deadlift Bar
- Manufacturer: Texas Power Bars/Buddy Capps
- Purpose: Deadlifting
- Bar Weight: 20kg
- Tensile Strength: 190,000
- Yield Strength: N/A
- Knurl Type: Aggressive
- Center Knurl: No
- Knurl Marks: Powerlifting
- Shaft Finish: Bare Steel (also available in hard chrome, black zinc, & Cerakote)
- Shaft Diameter: 27mm
- Sleeve Finish: Bare Steel or Chrome
- Sleeve Type: Grooved
- Rotation System: Bushing
- Made In: USA
- Warranty: Lifetime
Read below to get a closer look at the Texas Deadlift Bar including product details, features, real user feedback, and more.
Texas Deadlift Bar
The Texas Deadlift Bar is an iconic deadlift bar that's been used by some of the world's most elite lifters for decades.
Read more for details.
Features & Highlights
- Bare Steel – This bar comes standard in bare steel. Bare Steel is the most cost-effective “finish” available because… well… it's not finished in anything. Because of that, it ranks very highly in the ‘feel' department. You'll get a completely raw texture that provides outstanding grip. It also takes chalk very well. The downside to bare steel is that it's very prone to oxidation. There is no preventing it, although 3-in-1 oil or similar is commonly used to mitigate it.
- Other Finish Options – This bar is also available for an upcharge in hard chrome, black zinc, and Cerakote. All of these finishes are better at oxidation resistance, but they don't offer the same raw feeling as bare steel due to their platings.
- Knurling – The Texas Deadlift Bar, like most deadlift bars, will offer an aggressive knurling, making it ideal for heavy attempts.
- 27mm Shaft – The Texas Deadlift Bar comes equipped with a thin 27mm shaft, which is standard for a deadlift bar. Between that and the shaft being ~6″ longer than a traditional barbell, the deadlift bar will experience significantly more whip, especially as compared to a 29mm power bar. This will allow you to overload the deadlift.
- Tensile Strength – Tensile strength on this bar is 190,000 PSI, which is consistent with other deadlift bars.
- Grooved Sleeves – The grooved sleeves will tend to keep the plates on the bar better than a smooth sleeve when not using collars, but they will also be louder.
- Total Length & Sleeve length – The Texas Deadlift Bar has a total length of 92.5″ with a loadable sleeve length of 18″. For perspective, a traditional bar will generally have a sleeve length of ~16.5″ and below. Both total length and sleeve length are longer on the Texas Deadlift Bar than the Rogue Ohio Deadlift Bar.
- No Center Knurl – Because this is a deadlift-only barbell, there is no center knurl.
- American Made – This bar is made in America.
- History – The Texas Deadlift Bar is a legendary bar from Buddy Capps. It has been used in many a powerlifting competition, and set hundreds of records at all levels, from state to worldwide, have been set while using this bar. It's a piece of powerlifting history.
What They're Saying at Texas Power Bars
The Texas Deadlift Bar receives very positive feedback from users. With an average rating of 5/5, here are some of the things people have said at texaspowerbars.com.
- “Best deadlift bar I've ever used. Ordered chrome sleeves with bare steel shaft. The 4 week shipping times are pretty accurate. The quality is outstanding and worth the wait. The chrome job on the sleeves is done to perfection and only a minor bump in cost. One less thing to clean. I opted not to order a shaft with coating, like black zinc, as I didn't want anything between the knurling and my hands. The knurling is very deep and aggressive. It has the deepest knurling of all my Texas bars. This is my third barbell from Buddy Capps and all have been phenomenal in terms of build, function, and quality control. I could not be happier with the deadlift bar. Buy with confidence.”
- “This is by far the best deadlift bar I've ever used, even compared to Rogue. I couldn't be happier with this purchase. Lifetime customer now!”
- “My wife and I are building our home gym and a friend of mine put us onto Texas Powerbars for our deadlift bar and squat/bench bar. We could not be happier with the product. Just amazing craftsmanship and quality.”
- “Only deadlift bars I had ever used before this one were all rogue deadlift bars. I went with the Texas deadlift bar because of Texas power bars long history and repuation. First time using the Texas deadlift bar I pulled 585lbs just to break it in. I'm very happy with my purchase and will purchase the squat bar and power bar in the near future.”
- “Proudly stand behind Texas bars. I own all three bars and have won numerous meets training and competing with them. Best bars in the business as far as I'm concerned.”
- “Great bar super excited with it but I’m a little disappointed the bar came with rust on both sleeves I ordered the chrome sleeve and black zinc shaft so I really wasn’t expecting rust on the bar already.”
Garage Gym Lab Review
Garage Gym Lab has not yet reviewed this bar.
The below barbells were picked as alternatives to the Texas Deadlift Bar: