Rogue Ohio Power Bar – AGGRO
- Manufacturer: Rogue Fitness
- Purpose: Powerlifting
- Bar Weight: 45lb
- Gender: Men
- Tensile Strength: 200,000
- Yield Strength: N/A
- Knurl Type: Aggressive (2 Styles of Knurling)
- Center Knurl: Yes
- Knurl Marks: Powerlifting
- Shaft Finish: Stainless Steel
- Shaft Diameter: 29mm
- Sleeve Finish: Stainless Steel
- Sleeve Type: Grooved
- Rotation System: Bushing
- Made In: USA
- Warranty: Lifetime
Read below to get a closer look at the Rogue AGGRO Ohio Power Bar including product details, features, real user feedback, and more.
Rogue Ohio Power Bar – AGGRO
The Rogue AGGRO Ohio Power Bar is the newest in the Ohio Power Bar lineup. This is an ultra-aggressive version of the very popular Rogue power bars. The AGGRO version is available with two different knurling profiles depending on your preference. Either option is fully stainless steel, including shaft and sleeves.
The bar is equipped with the same specs that have bade the Ohio Power Bars so beloved: 29mm shaft, 200k PSI tensile strength, smooth bushing rotation, and more.
Read more below:
Features & Highlights
- Stainless Steel – Stainless steel is excellent at preventing rust and it provides a true raw feel. While it is one of the more expensive options, it is arguably the best one available. Aside from the oxidation resistance and excellent feel, stainless steel also looks fantastic. This specific bar offers stainless steel on both the shaft and the sleeves.
- VERY Aggressive Knurling (2x Options) – Unlike the traditional Ohio Power Bar that offers a mid-level aggressive volcano knurl, the AGGRO Ohio Power Bar offers much more aggressive knurling. Buyers can pick from two knurl profiles.
- 2XAGGRO: The 2x AGGRO profile incudes a more peaked version of the volcano pattern seen on the regular Ohio Power Bar. This pattern offers more depth and it will lead to more bite compared to the original.
- 3XAGGRO: The 3x AGGRO is a true mountainous profile. It offers tall peaks and a very pronounced bite in the hand. This is not for the faint of heart and will ideally be used for heavy sets and PR attempts.
- 29mm Shaft – The 29mm shaft on the Rogue AGGRO Ohio Power Bar is consistent with IPF standards. It creates a very rigid shaft ideal for the big 3 power lifts.
- IPF Knurl Marks – This bar offers single powerlifting knurl marks spec’d to IPF requirements.
- Tensile Strength – The AGGRO version of the Ohio Power Bar offers a 200,000 PSI tensile strength, which is right in the wheelhouse of power bars. This is the same tensile strength as the fully stainless steel version of the regular Ohio Power Bar.
- Grooved, Stainless Sleeves – The grooved sleeves will tend to keep the plates on the bar better than a smooth sleeve when not using collars, but they will also be louder. Like the shaft, the sleeves are also stainless steel.
- AGGRO Branding – The AGGRO Ohio Power includes two sections of Cerakote on top of the stainless steel on the smooth part of the shaft. This Cerakote includes two “negative” cutouts to show the ROGUE branding as well as the AGGRO angry face logo.
- Bushings – The bar offers a bronze bushing rotation system, which is very common with a power bar.
- Center Knurl – This bar includes a center knurl in the same knurl pattern as the outer knurl selection: 2x or 3x AGGRO.
- Strong Warranty – This bar offers a lifetime warranty.
- Made in America – The AGGRO Ohio Power Bar is made in Columbus, Ohio.
From the Manufacturer
The AGGRO™ variations of our 45LB Ohio Power Bar are designed for lifters who want an even more aggressive knurl than the standard model. There are two options to choose from (2x AGGRO and 3x AGGRO), each utilizing advanced precision tooling to re-create the geometry of the original knurl pattern with added depth and more prominent peaks.
Both AGGRO Power Bars are manufactured in Columbus, Ohio, utilizing the same steel we developed for the world famous Elephant Bar, and featuring the same 200,000 PSI tensile strength shaft as the standard Ohio Power Bar. The design also includes quality bronze bushings, 16.25” of loadable sleeve length, and Cerakote branding on each side of the center knurl. By using stainless steel for the shaft and sleeves, we’re able to give the customer the true, uncompromised feel of the extra aggressive knurl, while also adding the benefits of superior oxidation resistance.
With these AGGRO variations, we’ve been able to increase the depth and coarseness of the Ohio Power Bar knurling without sacrificing the knurl geometry that we are known for. Our tooling has been specially designed so that we can have an extremely repeatable knurl with a more aggressive feel that looks as good as it grips. Available in your choice of two designs: 2x AGGRO or 3x AGGRO. Be Advised: The 3x is NOT intended for anyone unsure about their preferences or pain threshold; be sure to reference the comparison photos to get a sense of the extreme difference in the knurl of these bars vs. the standard version. (All bars include a center knurl).
*WARNING: The 3x AGGRO is our most aggressive knurl to date, and one of the sharpest and least forgiving on the market. Anyone unsure of their tolerance level should avoid this option. Returns will NOT be accepted on the basis of any pain or discomfort caused by the knurling itself.
What They’re Saying at Rogue Fitness
The Rogue AGGRO Power Bar receives excellent feedback from users. With an average rating of 5/5, here are some of things people have said at roguefitness.com.
- “Grabbed both Aggro 2 & 3 on release as I had been anticipating these bars since they were teased earlier in the summer. Aggro 2 feels like a refined Ohio Power Bar, improved overall on the knurl for me and replaces the original OPB as my favorite Rogue bar. Aggro 3 is easily the most aggressive knurl I have ever felt. I enjoy it for bench as I love the feel in my hand. It’s probably too aggressive for most for deadlifting, and as long as you aren’t squatting shirtless, it’s great for that. I recommend Aggro 2 for those looking for a multi-use power bar. Aggro 3 only for those who enjoy a good pain or want to add a cool bar to an extensive bar collection. If I had one critique, it would be that I wish that would have made a custom barbell endcap sticker for the release featuring the Aggro monster. The standard Ohio Power Bar sticker is a bit underwhelming for this unique bar. But for a full stainless steel bar with super cool design and knurl, I’d give this a strong recommend. The Aggro monster will call to you deep in the night from wherever your gym is, demanding a sacrifice for gains. Buy it now.”
- “Absolutely in love with the feel of the sharpness of the knurling. It gives an experience that to me makes it more enjoyable to lift light or heavy. For those who say it’s too much…it’s the point so if you want an ultra aggressive knurl then go with it. If something you already have (kabuki power bar) is good enough but maybe just a bit more entices you…2x.”
- “I upgraded from the Ohio Power Bar to the Westside Rogue Power Bar and then added the Rogue Squat Bar. It was also an “upgrade” every time in knurling intensity. When Rogue launched the AGGRO it was kinda natural to go for the more intense knurling again. The AGGRO 3 is amazing in its grip- I deadlifted 215kg without chalk or straps and only my thumbs were abraised by the knurling. Not torn though. The stick when squatting is better than with the Squat bar, however, the Squat bar sits better due to the bigger diameter I feel. The knurling needs some getting used to but for raw lifters (literally) it shouldn’t take long to start loving this knurling!! All in all, a superb addition to the bar assortment. Not for Sissies!!!”
- None noted
Garage Gym Lab Review
The Standard Rogue Ohio Power Bar was a winner in the Garage Gym Lab 2022 Best Barbell Awards. You can also read my full review of the Stainless Ohio Power Bar. I have not yet reviewed the AGGRO version, but stay tuned!
The below barbells were picked as alternatives to the Rogue AGGRO Ohio Power Bar.