Rogue RML-3W Fold Back Rack
- Manufacturer: Rogue Fitness
- Rack Type: Wall-Mount Rack
- Tube Size: 3×3 11-Gauge Steel
- Hole Size: 5/8″
- Hole Spacing: Westside (1″ ) through bench zone. 2″ above and below.
- Height: 90.375″
- Footprint: 24.75″ or 43.75″ Deep/56″ Wide (49″ Upright Width)
- Weight: 163lb or 190lb
- Numbered Uprights: No
- Color: Black
- Made In: USA
Read below to get a detailed look at the Rogue RML-3W Fold Back Rack including product details, features, real user feedback, and more.
Rogue RML-3W Fold Back Rack
The Rogue RML-3W Fold Back Rack is one of the best and most popular wall-mounted racks on the market. Built with 3×3 uprights, 5/8″ holes, and Westside spacing, there’s a lot to like about this rack.
With “floating” crossmembers, this rack can handle sloped garage floors. And with UHMW plastic feet, your flooring won’t get damaged no matter where you mount this rack.
You can purchase the rack with a 21.5″ depth or with a 41.5″ depth. You also have the option to add a stringer for easier installation and extra support.
If you’re looking for a version with color options or you want a lower profile fold-back rack, check out the slightly more expensive RML-3WC.
Read more below.
Features & Highlights
- Steel Size – The RML-3W rack from Rogue is a part of their Monster Lite lineup. It’s constructed with 3×3 11-gauge steel and it’s assembled with a bolt-together design. 3×3 steel is becoming increasingly popular for its strength, attachment compatibility, and its overall aesthetic.
- Wall-Mount Design – Wall-mount racks are popular for lifters who are working with tight space constraints. The most common place you’ll see this style of rack is in a garage because when it’s folded up, you can still park a car. This is a very efficient style of rack that takes up practically no room (less than 5″) when folded. This rack folds into itself and retracts very easily once the quick-attach pull-up bar is removed. By folding in, there are no additional height constraints as may exist on racks that fold up.
- Assembly & Installation – This rack can be mounted to a variety of surfaces, including wood studs and concrete. Most home gym owners will be mounting to studs. While you can mount using the provided brackets, it’s strongly recommended to purchase the Stringer along with your RML-3W rack. This stringer provides more flexibility with stud spacing, it makes it generally easier to install, it provides additional support, and it looks really sleek.
- Hole/Hardware Sizing – This rack uses 5/8″ hardware, which is one of the most common hardware sizes used on power racks. The rack will accommodate many of Rogue’s Monster Lite Attachments/Accessories as well as some from other companies (read more in the compatibility section below).
- Hole Spacing – The RML-3W offers Westside hole spacing, which is a popular feature on 5/8″ racks. The holes are spaced 1″ apart through the bench zone, allowing for finer adjustments on your J-cups and safeties. This can be useful for people who are “in-between” sizes. Above and below the Westside section are holes with standard 2″ spacing between them. If you have more aggressive sloping in your floor, you can use the spacing to mount the uprights at different levels.
- Exterior Rack Dimensions – This rack can be purchased in two sizes: 21.5″ or 41.5″ depth. The total footprint of both is 24.75″ deep x 56.19″ wide or 43.75″ deep x 56.19″ wide, respectively. If you add the stringer, the total width increases to 59″. Those width measurements are on the wall only. In terms of the uprights themselves, the total width is 49″. The total height of the system is 90.375″.
- Floating Crossmembers – The crossmembers are attached to the provided bracket via a vertical bolt and a vertical hitch pin in each. There is some extra room inside the bracket that allows the crossmembers to float freely. This means the rack can accommodate some floor slope without shims and without needing to mount one upright on different holes.
- Safety Options – The RML-3W does not come with any safety options as standard. It is highly recommended that you purchase the safety spotter arms so that you can confidently lift on the rack. These spotter arms can also allow for rack pulls and other movements.
- No Color Options – Unlike the RML-3WC, this version of the rack is only available in Rogue’s standard matte black powder coat.
- Made in America – This rack is made in Ohio.
What’s Included in the Box
The Rogue RML-3W Fold Back Rack includes several pieces as standard:
- (2) Monster Lite J-Cups
- (4) Mounting Brackets
- (4) 0.625″ x 5″ Hitch Pins
- (2) 0.625″ x 4″ Hitch Pins
- (1) Quick-attach Pull-Up Bar
- (2) UHMW Plastic Caps for Floor Protection
- (4) 21.5″ or 41.5″ Crossmembers
- (2) 90″ Uprights
- (2) OPTIONAL Stringer (Highly Recommended)
The Stringer comes with all necessary mounting hardware. If you do not purchase the stringer, you will need to buy mounting hardware elsewhere since the standard brackets do not come with them.
The RML-3W is constructed with 3×3 steel and 5/8″ hardware, which is compatible with Rogue’s Monster Lite Attachments.
The sandwich cups are nicer/more durable than the standard cups, the monolift makes it much easier to unrack a bench press, the Matador allows for a portable dip station, the leg roller makes unilateral leg work comfortable and easier to set up, and the safety spotters are necessary for safety.
As for attachment compatibility outside of Rogue Fitness, notable places to look are REP Fitness and Titan Fitness. Each of these companies offers attachments that will fit 3×3 and 5/8″ hardware (REP PR-4000 and Titan X-3). One thing to keep in mind is that imported racks use the metric system vs. the imperial system on USA-made racks. This means that hole spacing will be slightly shorter. If you find an attachment that has two pins (or a single pin with a second hitch pin) then it may not fit properly. Single-pin attachments tend to work fine.
What They’re Saying at Rogue Fitness
The Rogue RML-3W Fold Back Rack receives outstanding feedback from users. With an average rating of 4.9/5, here are some of the things people have said at roguefitness.com.
- “If you’re like me, you’ve been scanning the reviews for 12+ months, debating back and forth on if you really need this rig. I mean, I have a gym at work. And yes it’s a 1980s throw back to the golden era of Pump Town, but it still gets the job done. My home gym is “OK” right? I have the basics, just need a squat rack. Ok, and maybe another pull up bar. Like the other reviews, mine included, I can’t say enough good things about the QUALITY. Welding is top notch. Powder coat, top notch. 5/8 hardware, over kill. My garage will fall down before this beast comes loose. If you love America and being awesome, pull the trigger on this thing. Your gym with thank you.”
- “I didn’t look far when it came to a home gym setup, Rogue had me covered. This rack is incredible and built like a tank. George Washington and Abraham Lincoln chest bumped when the install was complete, then busted out a few snatches and pull-ups to celebrate. Besides brew its own beer, this system has everything you need to prep your body for any challenges you might encounter. I tied into six studs because I plan on crushing WOD’s until my palms bleed. Easy to install, took about three hours with a friend. I had already bought the hardware and stringers beforehand, so when the gym arrived, I could make quick work of the install, which is highly recommended. I used a total of 24 – 5/16 X 4″ rugged structural screws with a 5/16 washer for each one to secure the 2x8x8 stringer’s and a total of 16 – #9 X 2.5″ multipurpose screws with a #10 washer for each one to secure the hinge assembly to the stringers.”
- “I’m 6 foot and 220lbs and this thing does not care. It doesn’t budge on pull-ups, muscle-ups, heavy loaded squats, you name it, it can handle it. Very impressed with my purchase. I got the matador and spotter arms along with the rack for more versatility in my workouts. The personnel at Rogue have mos def raised the bar on this one. AWESOME PRODUCT!!”
- “Just bought it couldn’t be happier. It took a bit to put together because I did it alone but it wasn’t that hard. Sturdy, well built, worth the money. Easy to unfold when ready to workout.”
- “This rack is awesome sauce. It is great for a multitude of movements. Perfect for toes to bars, pull-ups, jerks, squats, bench press or conversation piece. Love supporting American Made and Veteran owned business!”
- “Great rack. Worth every penny. I was concerned about how this rack would handle my sloped garage floor but there is about 1 – 1 1/2 inch on play inside the hinge to compensate for this. Pull the trigger it is worth it.”
- “I am almost 6’3 and you definitely need the 108″ post which I got. The stock height is way too short for us tall spaghettis dude. You must write the request in the notes portion when placing the order and they will send a invoice for the extra height cost.”
Garage Gym Lab Review
Garage Gym Lab has not yet reviewed the Rogue RML-3W Fold Back Rack.
The below racks were picked as alternatives to the Rogue RML-3W Fold Back Rack.