PRx Profile PRO Squat Rack
- Manufacturer: PRX Performance
- Rack Type: Wall-Mount Rack
- Tube Size: 3×3 11-Gauge Steel
- Hole Size: 1″
- Hole Spacing: 2″
- Height: 73″, 90″, or 96″ (see ceiling height clearance below)
- Footprint: 26.75″ Deep/52″ Wide (49″ Upright Width)
- Weight: N/A
- Numbered Uprights: No
- Color: Multiple
- Made In: USA
Read below to get a detailed look at the PRX Profile PRO Squat Rack including product details, features, real user feedback, and more.
PRx Profile PRO Squat Rack
The PRx Profile PRO Squat Rack is without a doubt one of the best wall-mounted racks on the market. This rack is built with 3×3 uprights and beefy 1″ hardware, making it one of the most stable wall-mounted racks available.
You can purchase the rack in three different heights: 73″, 90″, and 96″. Additionally, you can select from one of four pull-up options: no pull-up bar, a straight pull-up bar, a kipping pull-up bar, or a multi-grip pull-up bar. This is unique to the PRx line, which is a big selling point.
PRx is known as being the pioneer behind the wall-mounted rack. Since receiving funding from Shark Tank, they’ve become one of the most well-recognized brands for this style of squat rack.
You can use code ‘GGLABFIVE’ at checkout for an additional 5% off your purchase.
Read more below.
Features & Highlights
- Steel Size – The Profile PRO Rack from PRx is the highest-end folding rack they carry. It’s constructed with 3×3 11-gauge steel and it’s assembled with a bolt-together design. 3×3 steel is becoming increasingly popular for its strength, attachment compatibility, and its overall aesthetic.
- Wall-Mount Design – Wall-mount racks are popular for lifters who are working with tight space constraints. The most common place you’ll see this style of rack is in a garage because when it’s folded up, you can still park a car. This is a very efficient style of rack that takes up practically no room (between 9″-22.5″ from the wall depending on pull-up bar) when folded. Unlike other wall-mounted racks that fold in, PRx racks fold up. This makes it more efficient to fold and unfold since it’s only one movement, but it does require additional ceiling clearance.
- Assembly & Installation – This rack can be mounted to a variety of surfaces, including wood studs and concrete. Most home gym owners will be mounting to studs. PRx has mounting options for 16″ or 24″ stud spacing. If your studs aren’t evenly spaced and/or you can’t get the rack centered based on your stud layout, you will need to use a stringer. It’s recommended to buy two pieces of wood measuring 2″x10″x56″. If your floor has a slope, you may need to add a shim underneath one of the uprights.
- Hole/Hardware Sizing – This rack uses 1″ hardware, which is also increasing in popularity. 1″ hardware racks tend to get the best, most refined attachments. The rack will accommodate PRx Profile PRO Attachments/Accessories as well as some from other companies (read more in the compatibility section below).
- Hole Spacing – The Profile PRO rack includes 2″ hole spacing through the bench and squat zones. The side holes are a combination of 5/8″ and 1″, and they exist every 4th hole from the front.
- 4 Pull-Up Options – One of the best features of the Profile PRO rack is that you can select from four different pull-up options. The base rack will not include any pull-up bar. From there, you can elect to purchase a standard straight bar, a kipping bar, or a multi-grip bar. The latter two will increase the overall depth of the unit given that they extend out from the rack.
- Exterior Rack Dimensions – This rack can be purchased in three heights: 73″ (no pull-up bar), 90″, or 96″. The outside upright width is 49″, which is fairly common for 3×3 racks, and the total width is 52″ (wall bracket). The height will change based on whether or not the rack is folded or unfolded. The total footprint will also depend on which version you purchase. They are summarized below:
- No Pull-Up Bar: Folded down: 52″ wide x 73″ tall x 26.75″ deep. Folded up: 52″ wide x 91″ tall x 9″ deep.
- Straight Pull-Up Bar: Folded down: 52″ wide x 90″ OR 96″ tall x 26.75″ deep. Folded up: 52″ wide x 108″ OR 114″ tall x 9″ deep.
- Kipping Pull-Up Bar: Folded down: 52″ wide x 90″ OR 96″ tall x 39.5″ deep. Folded up: 52″ wide x 108″ OR 114″ tall x 22.5″ deep.
- Multi-Grip Pull-Up Bar: Folded down: 52″ wide x 90″ OR 96″ tall x 29.25″ deep. Folded up: 52″ wide x 108″ OR 114″ tall x 11.25″ deep.
- Gas Shocks – PRx includes 4 gas shocks to be mounted to the swing arms. These work to make folding and unfolding much easier.
- Safety Options – The Profile PRO Rack does not come with any safety options as standard. It is highly recommended that you purchase the safety spotter arms so that you can confidently lift on the rack. These spotter arms can also allow for rack pulls and other movements.
- Laser Cut Hole Numbers – The Monster line includes laser cut numbers, which is a great feature for easy adjustments on J-cups, safeties, etc… It’s also much more aesthetic than non-numbered uprights, in my opinion.
- Multiple Color Options – This rack is available in 10 colors, including orange, green, blue, clear Cerakote, and more. Aesthetically, it’s one of the best-looking wall-mounted racks on the market.
- Made in America – The PRx Profile PRO Rack is made in the USA.
What’s Included in the Box
The PRX Profile PRO Squat Rack includes several pieces as standard:
- (2) J-Cups
- (2) Mounting Brackets
- (4) Gas Shocks
- All Mounting Hardware
- (0-1) Pull-Up Bar
- (2) UHMW Plastic Caps for Floor Protection
- (2) 73″, 90″, or 96″ Uprights
PRx does not sell a steel stringer. You can purchase a wooden one from your local hardware store if you require one based on stud spacing.
The PRX Profile PRO Squat Rack is constructed with 3×3 steel and 1″ hardware, which is compatible with PRx’s PRO Attachments.
The bench is wall-mounted similar to the rack, the landmine adds a lot of barbell versatility, the dip attachment creates a portable dip station, and the safety spotters are essential for safety purposes.
As for attachment compatibility outside of PRx, notable places to look are Rogue Fitness, REP Fitness, Sorinex, Titan Fitness, Fray Fitness, Griffin Fitness, and Fringe Sport. Each of these companies offers attachments that will fit 3×3 and 1″ hardware (Rogue Monster, REP PR-5000, Various Sorinex, Titan Series, Fray Savage, Griffin GR3, Fringe 3×3). One thing to keep in mind is that imported racks use the metric system vs. the imperial system on USA-made racks (PRx, Rogue, & Sorinex). This means that hole spacing will be slightly shorter. If you find an attachment that has two pins (or a single pin with a second hitch pin) then it may not fit properly. Single-pin attachments tend to work fine.
What They’re Saying at PRX Performance
The PRX Profile PRO Squat Rack receives excellent feedback from users. With an average rating of 4.9/5, here are some of the things people have said at prxperformance.com.
- “I purchased a pro rack earlier this year and it has changed my life! I didn’t need a rack that could fold away but I was intrigued by the functionality of it, and thought that if I ever needed the extra space, at least I had the option to fold it up. The rack is made from quality materials, is sturdy and can handle a lot of weight. I love that I can add to the rack as I grow in weightlifting. I started with the rack and slowly purchased more items as time went on. I must say, I love all of my prx equipment. So far, I have the pro rack, (the spotter arms and Jcups are a must) the landmine, the dip bar, and the battle ropes. I’m patiently waiting for my ez curl bar and will look to purchase more in the future. I wasn’t really into weightlifting in the past, but after purchasing this equipment, I’m in the gym 5 days a week. I highly recommend PRX!”
- “Easy to assemble with detailed instruction manual. No stability issues. High quality, great piece of equipment!”
- “The Profile PRO Squat Rack is everything it’s advertised to be. It arrived quickly and without damage. Clear instructions and easy to assemble. And it’s rock solid. I highly recommend it.”
- “Excellent, quick shipping, ordered and received with in a week! Easily installation, 2 hours, which is great when you have a toddler at home and you only have nap times to work with. The space saving is huge. I have halved my foot print, which means I can fill it with more equipment!“
- “Exceeded our expectations! Perfect fit for our small 2-car garage. Equipment shipped and arrived without any issues. Installation was simple and we are loving this addition to our garage gym. This is top line equipment and couldn’t be more impressed with design and functionality. I installed a PRx pullup bar earlier also for one of my daughters who enjoys crossfit type workouts (which can include kipping pullups). Great fit for us and kudos to the PRx team on all fronts!”
- “My PRx set up has been great so far. My ceiling height is limited so I went with the 73’’ pro rack without a pull up bar. It is a pricey system but my son and wife were instantly drawn in and it should save us thousands on family gym memberships for years to come. I recommend a thick rubber mat (3/4’’) underneath the system.”
- “There are only 2 things I would wish for. 1). That they would put a thin piece of uhmw plastic on the lip of the j-cups. After 1 lift I could see wear. (I put a piece of rubber sticker in its place) 2). Wish I didn’t lose the 1inch side holes when stowed (because I have reinforcement arms installed/only relevant for the shorter squat rack) had envisioned using them to store my spotter arms as I’ve seen others utilizing them”
Garage Gym Lab Review
The below racks were picked as alternatives to the PRX Profile PRO Squat Rack.