Rogue RML-3WC Fold Back Rack
- Manufacturer: Rogue Fitness
- Rack Type: Wall-Mount Rack
- Tube Size: 3×3 11-Gauge Steel
- Hole Size: 5/8″
- Hole Spacing: Westside (1″ ) through bench zone. 2″ above and below.
- Height: 90.375″
- Footprint: 13.5″, 25″, or 44″ Deep/56″ Wide (49″ Upright Width)
- Weight: 143lb, 163lb, or 190lb
- Numbered Uprights: No
- Color: Multiple
- Made In: USA
Read below to get a detailed look at the Rogue RML-3WC Fold Back Rack including product details, features, real user feedback, and more.
Rogue RML-3WC Fold Back Rack
The Rogue RML-3WC Fold Back Rack is one of the best and most popular wall-mounted racks on the market. This rack with 3×3 uprights and 5/8″ holes, and it comes with Westside spacing and multiple color options.
With “floating” crossmembers, this rack can handle sloped garage floors. And with UHMW plastic feet, your flooring won’t get damaged no matter where you mount this rack.
You can purchase the rack with three different depth options: 9″, 21.5″, or 41.5″. You also have the option to add a stringer for easier installation and extra support.
This rack is more expensive than the RML-3W, but with this version, you can select from a dozen different colors and you have an extra depth option.
Read more below.
Features & Highlights
- Steel Size – The RML-3WC rack from Rogue is a part of their Monster Lite lineup. It’s constructed with 3×3 11-gauge steel and it’s assembled with a bolt-together design. 3×3 steel is becoming increasingly popular for its strength, attachment compatibility, and its overall aesthetic.
- Wall-Mount Design – Wall-mount racks are popular for lifters who are working with tight space constraints. The most common place you’ll see this style of rack is in a garage because when it’s folded up, you can still park a car. This is a very efficient style of rack that takes up practically no room (less than 5″) when folded. This rack folds into itself and retracts very easily once the quick-attach pull-up bar is removed. By folding in, there are no additional height constraints as may exist on racks that fold up.
- Assembly & Installation – This rack can be mounted to a variety of surfaces, including wood studs and concrete. Most home gym owners will be mounting to studs. While you can mount using the provided brackets, it’s strongly recommended to purchase the Stringer along with your RML-3WC rack. This stringer provides more flexibility with stud spacing, it’s easier to install, it’s more supportive, and it looks great.
- Hole/Hardware Sizing – This rack uses 5/8″ hardware, which is one of the most common hardware sizes used on power racks. The rack will accommodate many of Rogue’s Monster Lite Attachments/Accessories as well as some from other companies (read more in the compatibility section below).
- Hole Spacing – The RML-3WC offers Westside hole spacing, which is a popular feature on 5/8″ racks. The holes are spaced 1″ apart through the bench zone, allowing for finer adjustments on your J-cups and safeties. This can be useful for people who are “in-between” sizes. Above and below the Westside section are holes with standard 2″ spacing between them. If you have more aggressive sloping in your floor, you can use the spacing to mount the uprights at different levels.
- Exterior Rack Dimensions – This rack can be purchased in three sizes: 9″, 21.5″ or 41.5″ depth. The total footprint of each is 13.5″, 25″, and 44″ deep x 56″ wide (on wall). If you add the stringer, the total width increases to 59″. In terms of the uprights themselves, the total width is 49″. The total height of the system is 90.375″.
- Floating Crossmembers – The crossmembers are attached to the provided bracket via a vertical bolt and a vertical hitch pin in each. There is some extra room inside the bracket that allows the crossmembers to float freely. This means the rack can accommodate some floor slope without shims and without needing to mount one upright on different holes.
- Safety Options – This RML-3WC does not come with any safety options as standard. It is highly recommended that you purchase the safety spotter arms so that you can confidently lift on the rack. These spotter arms can also allow for rack pulls and other movements.
- Multiple Color Options – A great benefit of the RML-3WC is that it comes in a variety of colors. There are currently 12 color choices to choose from including Rogue Red, Bright Blue, Bright Green, Gun Metal, Desert Tan, etc…
- Made in America – This rack is made in Ohio.
What’s Included in the Box
The Rogue RML-3WC Fold Back Rack includes several pieces as standard:
- (2) Monster Lite J-Cups
- (4) Mounting Brackets
- (4) 0.625″ x 5″ Hitch Pins
- (2) 0.625″ x 4″ Hitch Pins
- (1) Quick-attach Pull-Up Bar
- (2) UHMW Plastic Caps for Floor Protection
- (4) 9″, 21.5″, or 42.5″ Crossmembers
- (2) 90″ Uprights
- (2) OPTIONAL Stringer (Highly Recommended)
The Stringer comes with all necessary mounting hardware. If you do not purchase the stringer, you will need to buy mounting hardware elsewhere since the standard brackets do not come with them.
The RML-3WC Rack is constructed with 3×3 steel and 5/8″ hardware, which is compatible with Rogue’s Monster Lite Attachments.
The sandwich cups are nicer/more durable than the standard cups, the monolift makes it much easier to unrack a bench press, the Matador allows for a portable dip station, the leg roller makes unilateral leg work comfortable and easier to set up, and the safety spotters are necessary for safety.
As for attachment compatibility outside of Rogue Fitness, notable places to look are REP Fitness and Titan Fitness. Each of these companies offers attachments that will fit 3×3 and 5/8″ hardware (REP PR-4000 and Titan X-3). One thing to keep in mind is that imported racks use the metric system vs. the imperial system on USA-made racks. This means that hole spacing will be slightly shorter. If you find an attachment that has two pins (or a single pin with a second hitch pin) then it may not fit properly. Single-pin attachments tend to work fine.
What They’re Saying at Rogue Fitness
The Rogue RML-3WC Fold Back Rack receives outstanding feedback from users. With an average rating of 4.9/5, here are some of the things people have said at roguefitness.com.
- “After a ton of searching, I pulled the trigger on this awesome walk mounted folding rack. It fits our room perfectly- so well I rarely even need to fold it to the wall! The instructions were easy to follow, super stable! it’s a Tank. I got the 3 barbell mount – so cool; the spotting / safety bars are useful. Can’t say enough about the amazing adjustable bench. My Home gym is checking all the boxes. No more excuses”
- “So happy I built my teenage sons a gym in the garage. The RML-3WC was delivered quickly and had a cool choice of colours. Installation was easy and it is solid. I re-inforced my 2″ x 4″ x 8′ studs for a secure attachment to the stringers. It folds perfectly if I want to bring the car in the garage. Super product. Highly recommended.”
- “I am so in love with my new squat rack! It arrived much quicker than expected and in such good condition. Setting it up was a sinch. And man, oh man, does it look good! Folds up perfectly, and is extremely stable/robust. Real heavy piece of hardware. Absolutely perfect for my little garage! I know, I’m gushing…but I’m excited. Thank you Rogue! Keep making great stuff!”
- “We bought and install this rack and accessories a couple of months ago. I love this rack, it very sturdy and will handle the weight I lift with ease. 225 dropped on the J-hooks doesn’t budge this system. Installation went very smooth even though I was working by myself. A novice handyman will need some help.”
- “Bought this for the garage gym and as expected the quality is superb. This thing is very solid. I was a little nervous with the install, but it was actually very easy once the stringers were up.”
- “It’s been about a month since we got this thing set up, and I have been like a kid in a candy store! A rack is a rack is a rack, but the ability to fold it in and have space for our workshop, too, is unbeatable. We have a low ceiling, so the fold-up racks that you see from that OTHER brand just wouldn’t be an option for us. Even with these, we had to cut about three inches off the uprights to make fit in our tiny garage. Glad Rogue has the fold-ins!”
- “Setting up and putting away a bit time intensive with the pull up bar needing to be removed each time. One issue is that one of the rotating units swing with great difficulty. Other than that the other accessories are easily swapped out and are very sturdy. Very happy with the purchase!!”
Garage Gym Lab Review
The Rogue SML-3WC was the overall winner in the 2022 Best Folding Squat Rack Awards by Garage Gym Lab.
The below racks were picked as alternatives to the Rogue RML-3WC Fold Back Rack.