Rogue S-1 Squat Stand 2.0
- Manufacturer: Rogue Fitness
- Rack Type: Squat Stand
- Tube Size: 2×3 11-Gauge Steel
- Hole Size: 5/8″
- Hole Spacing: Westside (1″ ) through bench zone. 2″ above and below.
- Height: 72″
- Footprint: 48″ Deep/48″ Wide
- Weight: 114lb
- Numbered Uprights: No
- Color: Black
- Made In: USA
Read below to get a detailed look at the Rogue S-1 Squat Stand 2.0 including product details, features, real user feedback, and more.
Rogue S-1 Squat Stand
The Rogue S-1 Squat Stand is one of Rogue’s most basic, but popular squat stands. This stand is built with 2×3 11-gauge steel, it offers 5/8″ hardware, and it includes Westside hole spacing.
This is the shortest stand in the S-Series line, which means that it will not come with a pull-up bar. It’s capable of handling any other lifts, however, including squats, bench press, overhead press, etc…
This is a great option if you’re looking for a sturdy, basic squat stand without a pull-up bar.
Read more below.
Features & Highlights
- Steel Size – The S-1 Squat Stand from Rogue is a part of their S-Series lineup. It’s constructed with 2×3 11-gauge steel and it’s assembled with a bolt-together design. 2×3 steel is very sturdy and it’s capable of handling virtually anything you can throw at it.
- Flat Foot Design – One of the biggest benefits of a squat stand is that you don’t have to bolt it down because of the flat foot design. This U-shaped base keeps the rack secure to the floor. During heavy sets when re-racking your bar, you may find the rack will shift slightly. This is normal for a squat stand – the overall stability of the stand is very strong and safe.
- Hole/Hardware Sizing – This rack uses 5/8″ hardware, which is one of the most common hardware sizes used on power racks. The rack will accommodate most of Rogue’s Infinity Attachments/Accessories as well as some from other companies (read more in the compatibility section below). This stand does not include side holes, which may limit some attachments and/or configurations.
- Hole Spacing – The S-1 offers Westside hole spacing, which is a common feature on 5/8″ racks. The holes are spaced 1″ apart through the bench zone, allowing for finer adjustments on your J-cups and safeties. This can be useful for people who are “in-between” sizes. Above and below the Westside section are holes with standard 2″ spacing between them.
- Exterior Rack Dimensions – Another benefit of a squat stand is that it offers a smaller footprint than most other racks. This rack has a total width of 48″ and a total depth of 48″. In terms of the actual uprights, the outside width is 47″, which is common for 2×3 racks. This gives you more room to cleanly un-rack and re-rack your bar without concern of clipping the uprights with the plates on the bar. For instance, Rogue’s 3×3 racks have a 49″ outside upright width, which makes a bar sit 2″ tighter to the uprights. The total height of this squat stand is only 72″, which makes it a great option for anyone with short ceiling clearance.
- Safety Options – This stand does not come with any safety options as standard. It is highly recommended that you purchase the safety spotter arms so that you can confidently lift on the rack. These spotter arms can also allow for rack pulls and other movements.
- No Color Options – The Rogue S-1 is only available in Rogue’s standard matte black powder coat.
- Made in America – The S-1 is made in Ohio.
What’s Included in the Box
The Rogue S-1 Squat Stand includes the following pieces as standard:
- (2) Infinity J-Cups with UHMW Lining
- (1) Flat Foot Base
- (2) 70″ Uprights (72″ total height)
Optionally, you can purchase a barbell, a bench, and some plates directly on the product page to create a complete package.
The Rogue S-1 Squat Stand is constructed with 2×3 steel and 5/8″ hardware, which is compatible with Rogue’s Infinity Attachments.
Here you can add additional accessories to your rack or you can upgrade the ones that come standard with the S-1.
The monolift eliminates the squat walk-out and makes bench setup much easier, the Matador creates a portable dip station, and the spotter arms are essential for safety.
As for attachment compatibility outside of Rogue Fitness, two notable places to look are Titan Fitness and Fringe Sport. Both companies offer attachments that will fit 2×3 and 5/8″ hardware. One thing to keep in mind is that imported racks use the metric system vs. the imperial system on USA-made racks. This means that hole spacing will be slightly shorter. If you find an attachment that has two pins (or a single pin with a second hitch pin) then it may not fit properly. Single-pin attachments tend to work fine.
What They’re Saying at Rogue Fitness
The Rogue S-1 Squat Stand receives excellent feedback from users. With an average rating of 4.9/5, here are some of the things people have said at roguefitness.com.
- “I’ve had this squat rack for a while now. Honestly can’t come up with a single negative. I feel safe using it and have no worries using it. I’m able to easily move it if I need to and yet this thing is secure when I’m lifting. Zero complaints from me.”
- “I bought this rack two months ago. Easy directions, well machined parts, and solid assembly. Added a rubber mat and this isn’t moving anywhere during squats. I like the ability to modify and add gear as budget allows.”
- “The quality of the build is undeniable and assembly was a piece of cake. This squat stand is incredibly stable with very secure connections. The finish on the steel is flawless and I love the ROGUE brand tags, not too much. This was a great investment in my body and brain.”
- “Really great solution for those with low ceilings or in a basement. I wanted an S-2 but unfortunately have only a 7 1/2 foot ceiling. This is a great compromise. Very sturdy. No wiggle. Great, compact option for small spaces at home.”
- “Couldn’t be happier with my purchase of this squat stand. Together with the bolt together bench and the spotter arms I’ve got everything I need for squats, presses, seated presses, pin squats, bench press, pin press and just about every other “big” powerlifting movement. Highly recommended!”
- “It’s really sturdy and definitely worth it for the price. However, it did come with small cosmetic issues, such as small areas with chipping on the powder coat, as well as some some incomplete cutting on the uprights. Other than the slight cosmetic issues, the rack does its job and I could not have asked for anything more from Rogue. Definitely a great value.”
Garage Gym Lab Review
Garage Gym Lab has not yet reviewed the Rogue S-1 Squat Stand.
The below racks were picked as alternatives to the Rogue S-1 Squat Stand.