Rogue Urethane Plates
- Manufacturer: Rogue Fitness
- Plate Type: Urethane Bumper Plate
- Insert Type: Chrome Steel Disc
- Weight System: LB/Pounds
- Weight Increments: 25LB-55LB
- Durometer Rating/Bounce: 90/Low Bounce
- Weight Tolerance: +/- 1%
- Diameter: 450mm
- Hole Size: 50.4mm
- Color: Color
- Made in: Import
- Warranty: N/A
Read below to get a detailed look at the Rogue Urethane Plates including product details, features, real user feedback, and more.
Rogue Urethane Plates
Rogue Urethane Plates are a very durable, high-end bumper plate with vibrant colors, nice specs, and very positive feedback from users.
Read more for details.
Features & Highlights
- Urethane – Urethane is a premium material that offers several benefits compared to rubber. It’s more durable, it’s odorless, and it produces more vibrant colors. It’s also less expensive in the case of the Rogue plates as compared to their Competition Plates.
- Minimal Bounce – These plates have a high durometer rating of 90, which is consistent with urethane plates and just below some of the high-end competition rubber plates. The higher the rating, the harder the material and the lower the bounce. A rating of 90 will produce a very minimal bounce, which is helpful in avoiding having to chase your barbell around the gym.
- Chrome-Plated Steel Disc – The Rogue Urethane Plates have a 140mm hard chrome center hub, which is smaller than a competition/training disc and larger than the center ring on traditional rubber bumpers. The hubs are very durable and, unlike larger discs, they are one-piece construction and they don’t require any bolts.
- Raised Flanges– The outer edges of the plates are raised to help when picking the plates up from a flat position or otherwise carrying them. There is also a raised flange around the center disc to prevent metal-on-metal contact and to extend the life of the plates.
- Weight Offerings – Rogue Urethane Plates can be purchased from 10LB up to 55LB and they’re sold in pairs. They’re also available in sets ranging from 210LB up to 340LB. Pricing on sets includes shipping, whereas individual pairs do not.
- Plate Width – Urethane plates also have the benefit of being very thin. Depending on the weight increment, they can be thinner than competition plates. For example, the 55LB and 45LB plates are slightly thinner than their competition rubber equivalents, but the 25LB and 35LB plates are slightly larger. Plate widths are as follows:
- 10LB – 0.78″
- 25LB – 1.57″
- 35LB – 1.88″
- 45LB – 2.08″
- 55LB – 2.28″
- Durability – Urethane is a very resilient material, which makes these plates some of the best in the durability department. They have an excellent track record of standing up to constant abuse, whether in a commercial setting or a home gym setting. Rest assured that these plates will perform very well for a very long time, especially if you’re training in a home/garage gym.
- Texture – The plates have a pebble grain texture to them that helps your grip, but they aren’t quite as grippy as rubber competition plates. Urethane tends to be a little slicker.
- Weight Tolerance – Rogue Urethane Plates have a weight tolerance of +/- 1%, which is very accurate.
- Aesthetics – Urethane produces extremely vibrant colors and the contrasting black/gray raised lettering on these plates look looks fantastic.
What They’re Saying at Roguefitness.com
Rogue Urethane Plates receive very positive feedback from users. With an average rating of 4.9/5, here are some of the things people have said at roguefitness.com.
- “Very happy I bought a set of Rogue Urethane Plates! Waited a long time for them to become available and so happy I managed to finally get them. Fantastic quality, accurate weight, absolutely zero smell and beautiful to look at. Relatively expensive compared to other types of plates, but worth every penny, one of the best purchases I’ve made for my home gym. They will last a lifetime. “
- “I have been using these bumpers for a good while and they are sick. They glide onto the bar and there is literally zero slack when pulling from the floor. Not to mention they look like I could put them in a glass case in a museum. I have dropped them on concrete and done high rep deads on asphalt and abused these plates and they still look perfect. Very expensive, but if you want an elite plates… this is it bro.”
- “Great quality bumpers that most importantly have no smell so they don’t stink up my basement like the rest of bumpers. other than that that are very accurate and very nice looking.”
- “Bought plate sets 10 through 45’s. Well made, like the different color variations which also brightens my small home gym. Perfect equipment for a home gym, well done!”
- “I have owned almost every plate rogue sells, and these are by far my favorite! The colors are bright and beautiful. The plates do not scratch/mark up and the lettering doesn’t rub off like other plates. I ordered 500lbs worth, 1 of the 45’s came delivered out of the box and you wouldn’t even know. These have little bounce and they are very thin. You can fit 7- 45’s on the barbell with collars. Only downside is the urethane is slick, but you deal with it. Very expensive, very worth it.”
- “Have sets of these as my personal plates of choice for both of my homes. Durable, bright, and easy to clean. Definitely a good long-term investment!”
- “My kids think they are toy wheels because of the bright colors! I got lucky when Rogue restocked these and ordered a full set of 10, 25, 35, 45. Worth the money. My only reason for 4 stars is because on one of 45 the plate looks like its split halfway around. I can fit a penny or a fingernail in the space, probably a defect in mfg not due to shipping or anything like that. I am sure Rogue will send me a replacement, but would of been 5 stars had it did not have this issue. Overall pleased!”
Garage Gym Lab Review
Garage Gym Lab has not yet reviewed these plates.
The below plates were picked as alternatives to the Rogue Urethane Plates.