Titan Fitness LB Urethane Bumper Plates
- Manufacturer: Titan Fitness
- Plate Type: Urethane Bumper Plate
- Insert Type: Chrome Steel Disc
- Weight System: LB/Pounds
- Weight Increments: 10LB-55LB
- Durometer Rating/Bounce: NA/Low Bounce
- Weight Tolerance: +/- 1%
- Diameter: 450mm
- Hole Size: 50.6mm
- Color: Color
- Made in: Import
- Warranty: 1 Year
Read below to get a detailed look at the Titan Fitness LB Color Urethane Plates including product details, features, real user feedback, and more.
Titan Fitness LB Urethane Bumper Plates
Titan Fitness LB Urethane Bumper Plates are high-quality urethane plates at a mid-tier price. They have good overall specs and they receive positive overall feedback from users.
This is the LB variant – Titan Fitness also makes a KG Urethane Bumper Plate.
Read more for details.
Features & Highlights
- Urethane – Urethane is a premium material that offers several benefits compared to rubber. It's more durable, it's odorless, and it produces more vibrant colors.
- Minimal Bounce – Titan Fitness doesn't state a durometer rating on these plates, but urethane plates offer a very low bounce, and feedback has reported this to be true with these plates. Most urethane plates have a durometer rating of 90, which is in-line with competition-style bumper plates.
- Chrome-Plated Steel Disc – The LB Urethane Bumper Plates from Titan Fitness have a hard chrome center hub that's larger than the center rings on traditional bumper plates but smaller than full hubs of competition-style plates. The hub is single-piece construction, which is standard for urethane plates. The hole opening on these plates is 50.6mm vs 50.4 – this is slightly larger than other plates but it will still accommodate Olympic-sized bars well.
- Raised Flanges– The outer edges of the plates are raised to help when picking the plates up from a flat position or otherwise carrying them. There is also a raised flange around the center disc to prevent metal-on-metal contact and to extend the life of the plates.
- Weight Offerings – Titan Fitness LB Urethane Bumper Plates can be purchased from 10LB up to 55LB and they're sold in singles (except for 10LB, which is sold in pairs). The price you see on the Titan website is for a single plate while the price you see on this page is that of the pair. The 10LB offering a nice benefit that some urethane plate manufacturers do not offer. They can also be purchased in a 340LB set. All plates ship for free.
- Plate Width – Plate thickness is generally a big benefit with urethane. They're generally very thin, and in some cases, thinner than competition rubber plates. Titan shows a min and a max plate width, but they don't show an accurate width for 25LB-45LB on their website. It can be assumed, however, that they would be in-line with competing urethane plates. The values you see below for those plates were taken from their KG sibling's specs. Plate widths are as follows:
- 10LB – 0.94″
- 25LB – 1.5″
- 35LB – 1.77″
- 45LB – 1.97″
- 55LB – 2.2″
- Durability – Urethane is a highly durable material built to stand up to a lot of abuse. These plates have a good reputation in the durability department. It's not recommended to drop the 10LB plates by themselves since they're the most susceptible to warping.
- Texture – The plates have a pebble grain texture to them that helps your grip, but they aren't quite as grippy as rubber competition plates. Urethane tends to be a little slicker.
- Weight Tolerance – The Titan Fitness LB Urethane Bumper Plates have a very accurate weight tolerance of +/- 1% (standard for urethane).
- Aesthetics – While these aren't my favorite-looking urethane plates, they do still look very nice. They have vibrant colors and raised lettering, but the ‘TITAN' gets a little lost considering it's the same color as the plate.
What They're Saying at titan.fitness
Titan Fitness LB Urethane Bumper Plates receive very positive feedback from users. With an average rating of 4.8/5, here are some of the things people have said at titan.fitness.
- “They are accurate within 1%. They fit the bar beautifully and stay put. The plate is vibrant and they have a low bounce. These have not outgassed like the rubber bumpers I have bought in the past. I will get a complete set when they are back in stock. They are slightly smaller in diameter than the 10kg I also have. I assume this is by design so the 10lb plates are shielded from most of the potential deceleration trauma when dropped. I will get more when they are back in stock”
- “I purchased a full set of these bumpers about 9 months ago, upgrading from rogue hi-temps, rogue Hg and Vulcan black bumper plates. Compared to those plates being odorless is such a blessing in a home gym. I use them 3 to 4 times a week, and I really love them. Low bounce, tight fit on the bar, and most plates are very accurate. I think these plates will last a very long time. They're definitely expensive, but buy once cry once. These plates can be hard to pick up off a flat ground be warned.”
- “Beautiful, appears to be well made. Lower profile than standard bumpers, much thinner. These are absolutely worth the money so far. Will toss them around for a few months and review again. Will not buy Vulcan and Rogue plates again if these are available. Lower cost than competitors and appears to be worth the money so far. Great fit on my Ohio bar.”
- “I ordered the 10s and 25s because I finally wanted to upgrade from iron plates and want to save my garage flooring. I will say these are the BEST LOOKING bumpers I have ever seen.”
- “Solid pair of bumper plates for a good price. They get the job done, I would highly recommend them.”
- “I have a pair of the 45s and 2 pairs of the 25s. These are awesome plates and look great too.”
- “The centers are slightly loose and slide around inside the urethane outer. Not bad but noticeable to a keen eye. Not sure how this will effect longevity. Overall, for half the price of the competitor's urethane plates, they fit the bill and are a pretty good value for the money. No rubber smell, which is why I bought them. I give them four stars because the appearance doesn't match the sales ad and the metal centers slide around slightly.”
Garage Gym Lab Review
Garage Gym Lab has not yet reviewed these plates.
The below plates were picked as alternatives to the Titan Fitness LB Urethane Bumper Plates.