Titan Fitness LB Elite Black Bumper Plates
- Manufacturer: Titan Fitness
- Plate Type: Rubber Training Bumper Plate
- Insert Type: Chrome Steel Disk
- Weight System: LB/Pounds
- Weight Increments: 10LB-55LB
- Durometer Rating/Bounce: 90/Low Bounce
- Weight Tolerance: +/- 10 Grams
- Diameter: 450mm
- Hole Size: 50.6mm
- Color: Black w/ Color Lettering
- Made in: Import
- Warranty: 1 Year
Read below to get a detailed look at the Titan Fitness LB Elite Black Bumper Plates including product details, features, real user feedback, and more.
Titan Fitness LB Elite Black Bumper Plates
Titan Fitness LB Elite Black Bumper Plates are well-priced full-hub training plates with nice specs, free shipping, and very solid user feedback.
These plates are ideal for any lifting style… Olympic weightlifting, powerlifting, general-purpose, CrossFit, etc…
This is the LB variant – Titan also sells KG Elite Black Bumper Plates.
Additionally, Titan also sells a full-color version of these plates.
Read more for details.
Features & Highlights
- Dead Bounce – The Titan Fitness LB Elite Black Bumper Plates have a durometer rating of 90, which is great for producing a dead bounce. This rating is consistent with competition-style plates.
- Chrome-Plated Steel Disc – These plates use a chrome-plated steel disc, which looks great and functions very well. On one side is a smooth finish, while the other side has bolts to secure the hub – this is a standard for steel discs. The hole opening is 50.6mm, which is slightly bigger than the 50.4mm you may find on other plates, but this will accommodate Olympic-sized barbells nicely.
- Raised Flanges– The outer edges of the plates are raised to help when picking the plates up from a flat position or otherwise carrying them. There is also a raised flange around the center disc to prevent metal-on-metal contact and to extend the life of the plates.
- Weight Offerings – Titan LB Elite Black Bumpers can be purchased from 10LB up to 55LB. These plates are sold as pairs from 25LB down and as singles from 35LB up. Therefore, the prices you see on Titan's website need to be taken into account as to whether they should be doubled. The price you see on this page is for a pair of 45LB plates. They're also available in 230LB and 340LB sets. All plates ship for free.
- Plate Width – Plates that utilize a full hub are generally thinner than plates with a center ring. These plates are no exception and, because of their thin profile, you can load a good amount of weight onto the bar. Plate widths are as follows:
- 10LB – 1″
- 25LB – 1.37″
- 35LB – 1.87″
- 45LB – 2.15″
- 55LB – 2.5″
- Durability – These plates have a good reputation as being durable. Full-hub plates typically are more durable and they're built to withstand thousands of drops. In a home gym setting, these should last a very long time. It's not recommended to drop the 10LB plates by themselves.
- Weight Tolerance – The LB Elite Black Bumper Plates have a very accurate weight tolerance of +/- 10 grams.
- Aesthetics – These are very nice-looking plates. I like the white lettering with the colored call-outs, and the chrome hub looks great. I do wish the lettering was raised to create more depth and texture, but otherwise, these have solid aesthetics.
What They're Saying at titan.fitness
Titan Fitness LB Elite Black Bumper Plates have received very positive feedback from users. With an average rating of 4.9/5, here are some of the things people have said at titan.fitness.
- “I wish I could post a picture here. With these incredible plates I have become a magnificent centaur with the face of John Stamos and the body of Arnold, except better. The fit and finish is excellent and the way you feel when you slide these weights onto your new Atlas bar can only be compared to the way I feel when my wife rubs my hooves, AMAZING!! You can pay much much more for the exact same thing with another company's name on them. Buy these, put the extra money in your pocket, and go buy some new T-shirts because in about a week the arms on all of your shirts will be too small.”
- “Shipment was prompt, weights are in great shape, all of them are within a few grams of what's stated. Yeah they have a smell to them but goodness, you're lifting weights, not trying to win a low odor contest. Great value.”
- “I spent weeks looking at various brands, comparing prices and other important factors such as width of the bumpers. There is no other product on the market with bumpers this size and at this price. Period. Also, they look nice. There are the plain black bumper plates out there, but they're nearly twice as wide and thus take up twice the bar sleeve space. So unless you think 405 is going to be your max squat or deadlift, the black bumpers out there are a bad choice.”
- “So, these plates look amazing. They are slim and durable. Well over a year of use an hardly and scratches. They make me want to train.”
- “I couldn't find a better price or better product for the price. We've had the bumpers for a few months now and still look brand new, and use them on a daily basis. I'd highly recommend these! I'm imagining they are going to last a very long time.”
- “Only knock is they need a little bit better if a ridge because they are damn near impossible to pick up from the floor if they are flat.”
Garage Gym Lab Review
Garage Gym Lab has not yet reviewed these plates.
The below plates were picked as alternatives to the Titan Fitness LB Elite Black Bumper Plates: