Titan T-3 Power Rack
- Manufacturer: Titan Fitness
- Rack Type: 4-Post Power Rack
- Tube Size: 2×3
- Hole Size: 5/8″
- Hole Spacing: Westside (1″ ) through bench zone. 2″ above and below.
- Height: 82″ or 91″
- Footprint: 32.75″ or 44.75″ Deep/54″ Wide (46″ on uprights)
- Interior Depth/Width: 24″ or 36″/42″
- Weight: Varies
- Numbered Uprights: No
- Color: Black
- Made In: Import
Read below to get a detailed look at the Titan T-3 Power Rack including product details, features, real user feedback, and more.
Titan T-3 Power Rack
The Titan T-3 Power Rack is a very popular 2×3 power rack with solid specs and an attractive price point. This rack offers 5/8″ holes, Westside hole spacing, and two height/depth options.
It accommodates numerous attachments, making it one of the more versatile 2×3 racks.
Read more below.
Features & Highlights
- Steel Size – The T-3 Power Rack from Titan Fitness is constructed with 2×3 11-gauge steel and it’s assembled with a bolt-together design. 2×3 steel is very sturdy and it’s capable of handling virtually anything you can throw at it.
- 4-Post Design – As a 4-post rack, you’ll save some space compared to a 6-post rack. There are two other differences worth considering: plate storage and stability. On a 4-post rack, while you can store plates on the back upright, you may find that the plates can interfere with your setup when lifting inside the rack. This is particularly true on the bench press. The workaround is to bench press from the inside of the opposite upright. In terms of stability, this rack will need to be bolted into the ground or onto a platform (unless you purchase the stabilizer feet).
- Hole/Hardware Sizing – This rack uses 5/8″ hardware, which is a very common hardware size on power racks. The rack will accommodate all of Titan’s T-3 Attachments as well as some from other companies (read more in the compatibility section below).
- Hole Spacing – The T-3 offers Westside hole spacing, which is a popular feature on 5/8″ racks. The holes are spaced 1″ apart through the bench zone, allowing for more adjustments on your J-cups and safeties. This can be useful for people who are “in-between” sizes. Above and below the Westside section are holes with standard 2″ spacing between them.
- Exterior Rack Dimensions – The Titan T-3 can be purchased in one of four different configurations based on your depth and height requirements. Depth options include 24″ and 36″ while height options include 82″ and 91″. One of the main benefits of a 2×3 rack is the narrower width. This gives you more room to cleanly un-rack and re-rack your bar without concern of clipping the uprights with the plates on the bar. This rack has a 46″ outside width compared to 3×3 racks with upwards of a 49″ width. The following breaks down the dimensions for each rack option:
- 24″ Depth: Total length of 32.75″ and a total width of 54″. The uprights themselves measure 30″ deep and 46″ wide.
- 36″ Depth: Total length of 44.75″ and a total width of 54″. The uprights themselves measure 42″ deep and 46″ wide.
- Interior Rack Dimensions – The interior lifting area measures 24″ or 36″ deep. While the 24″ depth is enough for someone to cleanly lift in, some users may find it to be cramped. I recommend the 36″ depth for most lifters.
- Safety Options – This rack can accommodate pin & pipe safeties or safety straps. I highly recommend the safety straps, as they are much easier to set up and they do a much better job of protecting your barbell. Titan also sells spotter arms to be used inside or outside of your rack. These include a UHMW lining and they do a nice job of protecting yourself and your equipment.
- No Color Options – The Titan T-3 is currently only sold with a black powder coat.
What’s Included in the Box
The Titan T-3 includes several pieces as standard:
- (2) Standard J-Cups
- (1) 2″ diameter Pull-Up Bar
- (1) 1.25″ Diameter Pull-Up Bar
- (4) 82″ or 91″ Uprights
- (4) 24″ or 36″ Crossmembers
You will need to purchase your safeties separately in the attachments section.
The Titan T-3 is constructed with 2×3 steel and 5/8″ hardware, which is compatible with Titan’s T-3 Attachments.
The Lat/Low row allows you to perform cable movements off the back of the rack, the safety straps are more convenient and safer for your barbell, the adjustable monolift eliminates the walk-out on squats and makes bench press much more efficient, the multi-grip pull-up bar offers several additional pull-up options, and the extension kit converts the rack into a 6-post rack with on-rack plate storage.
As for attachment compatibility outside of Titan Fitness, two notable places to look are Rogue Fitness and Fringe Sport. Both companies offer attachments that will fit 2×3 and 5/8″ hardware. One thing to keep in mind is that imported racks use the metric system vs. the imperial system on USA-made racks. This means that hole spacing will be slightly shorter. If you find an attachment that has two pins (or a single pin with a second hitch pin) then it may not fit properly. Single-pin attachments tend to work fine. Titan also uses a slightly shorter width than Rogue (46″ vs 47″), so any attachment that spans the width of the rack will not be compatible.
What They’re Saying at Titan Fitness
The Titan T-3 Power Rack receives very positive feedback from users. With an average rating of 4.9/5, here are some of the things people have said at titan.fitness.
- “The T-3 tall is dollar for the best rack you can get for the money. This rack has a series of awesome attachments that enhance the design. The range of exercises you can perform is endless. This rack is a tank. The modular design allows you to modify & personalize your rack to suite your individual needs. The 11 gauge steel gives the rack the strength to handle whatever challenges you have in store for it. My son & his friends can safely squat simultaneously using the modular safety arms . This is a game changer for supper sets the ability to have multiple squat stations on a single rack is awesome. The flying pull-up modification is a great way to develop upper body endurance. I can’t say enough about this rack . The finish & the welds meet & or exceed industry standards. Our rack is bolted to the platform not the floor & it doesn’t move. The 2 by 3 upright design in my opinion is better than the 3 by 3 design especially when your re-racking a heavy load. The extra inch on each side of the bar is priceless. I had the budget to spend thousands on a competitors rack glad that I didn’t waste my money.”
- “I’m an upcoming freshman playing HS sports (Football, Wrestling, Baseball). My dad bought me the T-3 narrow short to help me get ready for the upcoming season. I live in a High/Middle class city and go to a great school (Ayala High School) and I will say that my Titan equipment is better than my school equipment. When friends come over and see my rack set up they always ask to come workout. My uncle has a giant Rogue RM4 and he paid an insane amount for. Even he said this T-3 is a legit rack. He bought a rack and for the same price I bought a rack, plates, dumbbells, barbell, rope, and had money left over. Don’t pay more than you have to. Titan is the way to go.”
- “I love this rack and this is the second rack I have bought from Titan. I opted for the 24″ depth option (91″ height) for space saving reasons and I was worried that there wouldn’t be enough room to squat inside the rack. Fortunately, there is. I can squat, bench, and OHP inside with no problems (I’m 6 ft tall).”
- “I have had the Titan T3 tall for about 9 months now and love it. I have not yet bolted it down, and while there is a little sideways movement, it hasn’t budged much with up to 400lbs on it. I have added the Titan tricep and lat pulley system and the T3 adjustable lever arms, and it forms the centerpiece of my training 3d of the week. It is well built (yes the welding may not be as smooth as Rogue, but I dont care), customer service has been great. They have shipped out a replacement part the day after I submitted an email complaint. Highly recommend as it comes with almost any attachment you wish to add.“
- “Solid build. Works great for a very tight space. I would rather have gotten a larger rack , but given my space constraints, this rack is a perfect fit. Very stable once bolted.”
- “Strong enough for what I need and then some, plenty of options for more equipment, great for multiple exercises at heavy weight an sturdy enough you feel safe.”
- “As with most Titan products, the instructions are pretty much useless so you’ll need to figure out the assembly on your own (or YouTube) which isn’t difficult. Just make sure you use two flat washers per bolt… I didn’t think it through and was left with a bag full of washers at the end. Oops. All in all, I highly recommend this rack.”
Garage Gym Lab Review
The Titan T-3 was a winner in the Garage Gym Lab 2022 Best Squat Rack Awards.
The below racks were picked as alternatives to the Titan T-3 Power Rack.