Vulcan Absolute Training Bumper Plates
- Manufacturer: Vulcan Strength
- Plate Type: Rubber Training Bumper Plate
- Insert Type: Zinc Steel Disc
- Weight System: KG/Kilograms
- Weight Increments: 10KG-25KG
- Durometer Rating/Bounce: 90/Low Bounce
- Weight Tolerance: +/- 10 Grams
- Diameter: 450mm
- Hole Size: 50.4mm
- Color: Color/Fleck
- Made in: Import
- Warranty: 5 Years
Read below to get a detailed look at the Vulcan Absolute Training Bumper Plates including product details, features, real user feedback, and more.
Vulcan Absolute Training Bumper Plates
Vulcan Absolute Training Bumper Plates are some of the most unique-looking training plates on the market. They’ve added their fleck design from the Alpha Bumpers onto a full-hub training plate, giving it a great look and great overall function. These plates are accurate, durable, and well-spec’d.
These plates are ideal for any lifting style… Olympic weightlifting, powerlifting, general-purpose, CrossFit, etc…
Read more for details.
Features & Highlights
- Dead Bounce – These plates have a durometer rating of between 88-90, which produces a very minimal bounce. For perspective, competition-style plates typically carry 90+ ratings, so this is a nice feature on a training plate.
- Zinc-Plated Steel Disc – The KG Absolute Training Bumper Plates from Vulcan use a zinc-plated steel disc, which doesn’t look as nice as chrome, in my opinion, but which functions very well. The hubs have some texture to them, so they don’t create the same reflective qualities as chrome, but they also don’t show fingerprints, etc… The hole opening measures 50.4mm, which is consistent with competition-style plates and which will accommodate Olympic-sized bars nicely. The hubs are secured with six bolts on one side.
- Raised Flanges– The outer edges of the plates are raised to help when picking the plates up from a flat position or otherwise carrying them. There is also a raised flange around the center disc to prevent metal-on-metal contact and to extend the life of the plates.
- Weight Offerings – Vulcan Absolute Training Plates can be purchased from 10KG up to 25KG and they’re sold in pairs. They also have sets available ranging from 90KG up to 140KG, which ship for free to the majority of the United States.
- Plate Width – Generally speaking, full-hub plates offer thinner profiles than more traditional economy-style plates with a center ring. This allows for more weight to be loaded onto the bar. Plate widths are as follows:
- 10KG – 1.08″
- 15KG – 1.65″
- 20KG – 2.13″
- 25KG – 2.6″
- Durability – These plates are very durable, whether in a commercial setting or in a home gym. They are built to sustain thousands and thousands of drops, and they also come with a strong warranty (more below).
- Weight Tolerance – The Vulcan Absolute Training Plates have a very accurate weight tolerance of +/- 10 grams.
- Texture – The plates have a pebble grain texture to them that helps your grip and creates a nice-looking matte finish.
- Aesthetics – In my opinion, these are some of the nicest-looking plates on the market. If you like the fleck design, you’re sure to love these, especially with the full-size hub. The raised lettering and the laser-etched number call-outs are nice touches.
- Warranty – Vulcan Strength offers an impressive 5-year warranty on these plates.
What They’re Saying at vulcanstrength.com
Vulcan Absolute Training Bumper Plates have received very positive, but limited feedback from users. With an average rating of 5/5, here are some of the things people have said at vulcanstrength.com.
- “Plates are amazing!! Construction is flawless, the color flecks add a nice visual upgrade. The new textured design is also nice and makes them easy to grip. I have used other comp and training plates and these are by far the best both construction wise and looking. Vulcan got these right, and never disappoints with their equipment craftsmanship. Will defiantly be purchasing more of these in the future. Shipping was fast took about 3 days and I live all the way on the west coast. Thanks Vulcan for always putting out amazing products, anyone looking for kg training plates, don’t hesitate, buy these you will not be disappointed.”
- None noted
Garage Gym Lab Review
Garage Gym Lab has not yet reviewed these plates.
The below plates were picked as alternatives to the Vulcan Absolute Training Bumper Plates: