Vulcan Prime Adjustable Bench
- Manufacturer: Vulcan Strength
- Bench Type: Flat and Incline
- Adjustment Style: Ladder
- # of Back Adjustments: 12 (0-85 degrees)
- # of Seat Adjustments: 3
- Flat Bench Height: 18″
- Pad Dimensions: 10-12″ Wide, 50″ Long, 2.5″ Thick
- Bench Weight: 96lbs
- Weight Limit: N/A
- Wheels: Yes
- Tripod Design: Yes
- Color: Black
- Made In: Import
- Warranty: Lifetime on Frame
Read below to get a detailed look at the Vulcan Prime Adjustable Bench including product details, features, real user feedback, and more.
Vulcan Prime Adjustable Bench
The Vulcan Prime Adjustable Bench is one of the most adjustable flat/incline benches on the market. It offers 12 back positions, a tapered back pad, and several other notable features. It receives very positive feedback from users.
Read more below.
Features & Highlights
- Ladder Design – The Prime Adjustable Bench from Vulcan uses a fast and easy ladder-style adjustment mechanism. This bench does ship pre-assembled, only requiring a couple of bolts to be installed.
- # of Adjustments – The bench offers 12 back adjustments and 3 seat adjustments for a total of 36 potential adjustment options. The back pad ranges from 0 degrees to 85 degrees (0, 10, 20, 30, 35, 40, 50, 55, 60, 65, 75, 85). This many adjustments on the back is uncommon on most adjustable benches, and it’s a standout feature of this particular bench.
- Pad/Seat Gap – The Prime Bench has a relatively small pad gap, which is great for those who are looking to also use this bench for flat bench pressing.
- Tapered Back Pad – An interesting design feature of this bench is the tapered back pad that goes from 12″ near the bottom to 10″ through the back towards the top. For anyone who prefers a 10″ pad, this might be very attractive as it provides additional width for the low back. I prefer a 12″ pad throughout, but this could be a great feature for some users.
- Weight Limit – Vulcan doesn’t state a weight rating on the Prime Adjustable Bench, but I have full confidence it can handle anything you can throw it/match the 1,000lb+ ratings of other benches in this class.
- Not IPF Height – This bench measures 18″ tall from the floor when in the flat position, which is just outside of IPF specs. Most users will still be able to get solid leg drive with this height, and especially with the single post front foot. Still, if powerlifting specificity is important to you, having a dedicated companion flat bench could be a good idea.
- Includes Wheels & Handle – Like most adjustable benches, this bench does include a handle and wheels. The handle extends vertically from the base of the front foot, which allows for good leverage and which minimizes obstruction.
- Grippy Vinyl – This bench offers a textured vinyl that helps to reduce slippage while benching.
- No Upright Storage – The Prime Adjustable doesn’t offer a vertical storage feature out of the box.
What They’re Saying at Vulcanstrength.com
The Vulcan Prime Adjustable Bench receives excellent feedback from users. With an average rating of 4.9/5, here are some of the things people have said at vulcanstrength.com:
- “Absolutely beautiful bench and SOLID (after tightening up the hinge bolt slightly, which eliminated any wobble to the pads themselves). Pads are grippy (appear to use same vinyl as the Rep FB-5000 that I also recently purchased and which was very poorly packaged as compared to the Vulcan bench). Vulcan pad is much more taught than the Rep bench. The foam of the Vulcan pads is firm yet not uncomfortable (unlike my Body Solid SFID325, which is as hard as a rock). Top pad and handle were damaged during transport, and Vulcan’s customer service is already sending out replacements for both. Absolute top shelf customer service. Will buy again.”
- “Almost a year ago, I bought a Vulcan adjustable bench. I have used it primarily when using dumbbells. It is solid, well-built, and easily adjustable. It was not hard to put together. I appreciated the wheels on the back beam which makes is easy to move. The padding has not squished down or flattened out. It is easily cleaned. This is the only Vulcan product I have ever purchased. I took a chance and was pleased with the product.”
- “The bench was pricey, and had there been another option available during the early stages of the pandemic, I would have bought it. However, the bench is very well constructed! And comfortable. I would have been very disappointed if I had purchased another bench and it would not have been as sturdy. The adjustable backing and seat are also easy to lock in and out of place, and they use great upholstery fabric. ”
- “The PRIME bench is a TANK! Assembly was a breeze, less than 10 minutes. Waited for Pre-Order to arrive ( ETA was met) shipping was fast and I couldn’t be happier with my new incline from Vulcan. Lifetime customer now. “
- “Excellent bench. Got it for home and wanted something commercial grade. It’s actually a far better bench than the ones I’ve used in the gyms (L.A. Fitness, Planet Fitness, etc.) – and significantly heavier, too. Couldn’t ask for a better product.“
- “I’ve been using their flat bench and decided to branch out into their incline bench. Product is heavy, but easy to move with the supplied wheels. Bench came in four pieces. Seat pad, back pad, body, and the wide foot support. A few bolts here and there and it was done in no time. I’m 6′ 3″ 220lbs and feel comfortable on this bench both in flat and incline positions. The ladder system is easy to adjust but rigid. You won’t find a better bench in this price range, and probably not even for a hundred bucks more.”
- None Noted
Garage Gym Lab Review
The Vulcan Prime Adjustable Bench was a winner in the Garage Gym Lab Best Weight Bench Awards.
The below benches were picked as alternatives to the Vulcan Prime Adjustable Bench.