Vulcan Standard Bar – 28 mm
- Manufacturer: Vulcan Strength
- Purpose: Olympic Weightlifting
- Bar Weight: 20kg
- Gender: Men
- Tensile Strength: 196,000
- Yield Strength: N/A
- Knurl Type: Medium
- Center Knurl: No
- Knurl Marks: Olympic
- Shaft Finish: Hard Chrome
- Shaft Diameter: 28mm
- Sleeve Finish: Bright Zinc
- Sleeve Type: Grooved
- Rotation System: Bronze Bushing
- Made In: Import
- Warranty: Lifetime
Read below to get a detailed look at the Vulcan Standard 28mm Bar including product details, features, real user feedback, and more.
Vulcan Standard 28mm Bar
The Vulcan Standard 28mm Bar is a USA-made Olympic bushing bar with solid specs and a lifetime warranty.
Read more below.
Features & Highlights
- Hard Chrome – Chrome is a cost-efficient plating that does a good-but-not-great job at fighting off oxidation. You won’t get the same feel as you would with a non-plated finish like bare steel, stainless steel, etc… but you get a nice blend of feel and rust resistance without the larger price tag.
- 28mm Shaft – The 28mm shaft on the Vulcan Standard 28mm Bar is consistent with Olympic Weightlifting bars. This diameter will offer a comfortable grip and a whippy shaft ideal for Oly lifts.
- Tensile Strength – The 196k PSI tensile strength is in the wheelhouse for quality Olympic Weightlifting bars.
- Grooved Sleeves – The grooved sleeves will tend to keep the plates on the bar better than a smooth sleeve when not using collars, but they will also be louder. The sleeves are finished in bright zinc.
- Bushings – This version of the bar offers bushings instead of bearings.
- No Center Knurl – The Vulcan Standard 28mm Bar does not offer a center knurl, making it ideal for high volume/rep training. It will generally be a more comfortable bar.
- Strong Warranty – This bar offers a lifetime warranty against bending, breaking, or seizing.
- Made in America – This bar is made the USA.
From the Manufacturer
The Vulcan Standard 28 mm version is a finely crafted Olympic bar made in the USA. This bar is precision manufactured with very tight tolerances. Very minimal movement between the shaft and sleeve, which translates to a very solid feeling bar. Dual OiLite Self lubricating bronze bushings provide very smooth rotation and great spin. Good whip. This bar has a medium sharp knurling. The knurling is exceptional for Olympic Weightlifting. This bar is recommended for Olympic Weightlifting training. Lifetime Warranty from bending, breaking, or sleeves seizing to rotate.
What They’re Saying at Vulcan Strength
The Vulcan Standard 28mm Bar receives very positive feedback from users. With a 5/5 average rating at vulcanstrength.com, here are some of the things people have said:
- “The construction and tolerances in this bar are tight and really well done. The sleeves have No Side To Side Play Whatsoever. It’s exactly what it should be for a mid range training bar that can double duty as a multi use bar, a deadlift bar, a gym bar, and really the only limitation it might run into for some people is really heavy squats as some folks will not like the amount of flex.”
- “Extremely pleased with my purchase. Replaced my old box store bar with this and cant rate it high enough. Solid feel, gorgeous finish and a smooth spin. 10/10 would buy again.”
- “Although I’ve only had this barbell a short time, I can comment on a few things. It is very well constructed. The finish is very nice. The knurling is close in feel to a Swedish training barbell. I’m very happy with it and I’m sure it will be a gym favorite.”
- None Noted
Garage Gym Lab Review
Garage Gym Lab has not yet reviewed this bar.
The below barbells were picked as alternatives to the Vulcan Standard 28mm Bar.