Vulcan Strength Ox Bar
- Manufacturer: Vulcan Strength
- Purpose: Trap Bar
- Bar Weight: 68 lbs
- Single/Dual Handles: Dual
- Knurled: Yes
- Handle Diameter: 50.8mm and 31.75mm
- Shaft Finish: Powder Coat
- Sleeve Finish: Hard Chrome
- Olympic-Sized Sleeves: Yes
- Rackable: Yes
- Sleeve Length: 15.5″
- Made In: Import
- Warranty: N/A
Read below to get a detailed look at the Vulcan Strength Ox Bar including product details, features, real user feedback, and more.
Vulcan Strength Ox Bar
The Vulcan Strength Ox Bar is a rackable open-ended trap bar with high-end features including varying grip diameters, a built-in deadlift jack, and Olympic-sized sleeves.
Read more for details.
Features & Highlights
- Dual Handle Height – The Vulcan Strength Ox Bar includes dual handles to allow for full and partial range-of-motion lifts.
- Knurled Handles – The Ox bar offers two sets of chrome-plated knurled grips. Each measure 2″ and 1.25″, respectively. These grips are interchangeable depending on your preference (i.e. place the thick grip on the high position or vice versa).
- Rackable – This bar is rackable, giving you additional versatility (rack pulls, overhead press, pull-ups, etc…). In addition to it being rackable, it's also constructed with round tubing, which allows you to use the bar like a cambered squat bar.
- Open-End Design – This bar offers an open-end design, which is a versatile feature that allows for a variety of movements that aren't possible with a closed-end design.
- Handle Width – The distance between the handles measures 24.6″, which will accommodate most users comfortably.
- Powder Coat Finish – Powder Coat is a very common finish on specialty bars. It does a good job at limiting oxidation, but it does tend to show scuffs easily. The sleeves, however, are finished in hard chrome.
- Sleeve Length – The Vulcan Ox Bar offers a sleeve length of 15.5″, which is slightly less than the 16″ on many trap bars, but which is still plenty to work with.
- Olympic-Sized Sleeves – This bar uses 50mm Olympic-sized sleeves with a hard chrome finish. This is beneficial because you can use standard collars on this bar and because it's not powder coated, it will look better over time.
From the Manufacturer
The Vulcan Open Hex Bar offers the ruggedness and durability of our other hex bars with the features of an open side that enables the user to accomplish exercises that may not be facilitated by a traditional Hex or High Hex Bar. The value of the Hex bar is that it allows loading of the hips, core, and legs with minimal stress on the lower lumbar region. Many people who find lifts uncomfortable, painful, or have physical injuries and limitations that prohibit picking up a weight from the floor in the conventional deadlift manner can benefit from the use of a hex bar.
The open aspect enables the user to perform various exercises that would be all but impossible using a standard hex bar and or standard Olympic/Powerlifting Barbell.
What They're Saying at Vulcan Strength
The Vulcan Ox Bar receives positive, but limited feedback from users. With an average rating of 4.9/5, here are some of the things people have said at vulcanstrength.com.
- “The construction and welding is high quality. It stands up and can get out of the way even in a small area. The sleeve length is also good. The design for standing the bar up to load the plates is wonderful. This is probably one of my favorite features built into a simple design. It saves so much time in places when it really matters.”
- “Just received mine last week and though took some getting used to was excellent to use. Wanted a rackable open trap bar and this was the only one matching that bill. Couple things I would recommend changing to make it perfect: 1) make the grips so that they rotate freely. As they are fixed, its awkward to synch up straps. 2) add a handle on front for farmers carry.”
- “Has everything you could want or need in a hex bar. Open design, built-in bar jack, Olympic sleeves, rackable, comes standard with fat grips. The knurling is like a medium-aggressive feel to me. Not super aggressive but closer to a power bar than multi-purpose. Feels good in the hands. Love it. Would buy again.”
- “I love the bar and it's versatility, I have had zero issues with it and have been using it 2x weekly since getting it. The fact that it is much more affordable and still built solid is a huge plus. Pleased with my purchase.”
- “Was able to get the OX bar in Jan 2019. Some small issues when it came, then Covid hit causing delays, understandable. The Vulcan team handled the issues well with great communication and transparency. Just got a new set of handles for it this week which have helped make this bar a home run as far as open design trap bars go. Huge plus that they aren’t charging an insane price point as others have. Happy with my purchase. Solid addition.”
- “Love this bar. Bar jack works great. Rackable (while the kabuki strength bar is not). Knurling is more on the aggressive side, which I like. And the fat handles are great for grip training.”
- “The knurling is a little aggressive for my personal taste, but I manage. I could always sand it down. I'd also have preferred if the fat grip could had been freerolling. But that it has a fat grip at all, I'm excited about.”
- “Did have one issue, the handles would unscrew a little bit when lifting with heavier weights. I tightened them with an Allen wrench and it's fine now. Not worth a full star coming off on the score but not something I feel should be necessary on a $500 bar.”
Garage Gym Lab Review
Garage Gym Lab has not yet reviewed this bar.
The below barbells were picked as alternatives to the Vulcan Strength Ox Bar: