Vulcan Strength Safety Squat Bar
- Manufacturer: Vulcan Strength
- Purpose: Safety Squat Bar
- Bar Weight: 24 kg
- Handle Type: Long/Straight
- Knurled/Textured Handles: No
- Shaft Finish: Powder Coat
- Sleeve Finish: Powder Coat
- Olympic-Sized Sleeves: Yes
- Made In: Import
- Warranty: 3 Year
Read below to get a detailed look at the Vulcan Strength Safety Squat Bar including product details, features, real user feedback, and more.
Vulcan Safety Squat Bar
The Vulcan Strength Safety Squat bar is a budget-friendly traditional SSB with long, straight handles, a powder-coated body, and a 3-year warranty.
Read more for details.
Features & Highlights
- Powder Coat Finish – Powder Coat is a very common finish on specialty bars. It does a good job at limiting oxidation, but it does tend to show scuffs easily, especially on the sleeves and rack contact points.
- Smooth, Long, & Straight Handles – The Vulcan Strength Safety Squat Bar includes a relatively long handle system that, unlike other long-handled bars, is perfectly straight. The handles themselves are coated and they do not offer any raised texture like grooves, knurling, etc…
- Yoke – This bar includes a traditional foam yoke with a vinyl cover.
- Olympic Sized Sleeve – A nice feature of this bar is that the sleeves are Olympic-sized, which isn’t always the case on specialty bars. This means you can use standard collars. The sleeves are also finished in powder coat.
- Loadable Sleeve Length – This Vulcan Safety Squat Bar offers a 12″ loadable sleeve length, which is shorter than most safety squat bars that offer 15″+.
From the Manufacturer
A Safety Squat Bar is a great tool for strengthening your entire legs and back as well as increasing squat and deadlift strength. The cambered portion of the safety squat bar actually pushes the torso forward. This aspect of the bar will force the lifter to maintain an upright position. The safety squat bar can also be a great tool for those who have shoulder injuries and unable to squat with a straight barbell.
What They’re Saying at Vulcan Strength
The Vulcan Strength Safety Squat receives very positive, but limited, feedback from users. With an average rating of 5/5, here are some of the things people have said at vulcanstrength.com:
- “The safety squat bar is great for the money. I’d say it’s the best SSB next to the Rogue but half the price. I needed a quality SSB due to shoulder injuries and an upcoming surgery. Highly recommended.”
- “A recent shoulder injury made it difficult for me to reach back into a standard position for squats. With this Safety Squat Bar I get the stability I’m looking for and my shoulder does not give me any grief. Even after it heals up I can still see using this bar from time to time because it is more comfortable and ever so slightly alters which muscles get worked and how hard… And that’s a good thing.”
- None Noted
Garage Gym Lab Review
Garage Gym Lab has not yet reviewed this bar.
The below barbells were picked as alternatives to the Vulcan Strength Safety Squat Bar: