Titan Fitness SSB v2
- Manufacturer: Titan Fitness
- Purpose: Safety Squat Bar
- Bar Weight: 61 lbs
- Handle Type: Short/straight/Removable
- Knurled/Textured Handles: Yes
- Shaft Finish: Chrome
- Sleeve Finish: Chrome
- Olympic-Sized Sleeves: Yes
- Made In: Import
- Warranty: 1 Year
Read below to get a detailed look at the Titan Fitness SSB v2 including product details, features, a full GGL review, real user feedback, and more.
Titan Fitness SSB v2
The Titan Fitness SSB v2 is arguably the best budget-friendly safety squat bar currently available. This is a near clone of the Elitefts SS Yoke bar, but with a few differences – some good and some bad.
Read more for details.
Features & Highlights
- Chrome Finish – The Titan SSB v2 includes a chrome body from end to end, which is a cosmetic advantage over the Elitefts SS Yoke, which tends to scratch easily with its clear coat finish.
- Camber Drop & Angle – The camber drop and angle on this bar is very similar to the SS Yoke from Elitefts. While the angle is exactly the same, the drop is about an inch shorter. In general, this bar isn't as well balanced as the Elite bar, but it's very close.
- Short, Slotted Handles – The Titan SSB v2 includes short threaded handles that include a soft plastic covering with individual finger slots. I'm a fan of short handles and I'm a fan of these handles in particular. I actually like them more than the Elite SS Yoke because the finger slots are slightly more pronounced. Because these handles are threaded, you can introduce different handle systems for variety.
- Comfortable Yoke – This bar includes a comfortable yoke, but it's slightly thicker, which throws off the balance just slightly in comparison to the SS Yoke. The vinyl is durable and the padding is comfortable, but it tends to sit a little higher on the neck, which can bother some people.
- Olympic Sized Sleeve – A nice feature of this bar is that the sleeves are Olympic-sized, which isn't always the case on specialty bars. This means you can use standard collars. They're also finished in chrome, which means they'll look better for longer in comparison to some other bars that use clear coat, Cerakote, powder coat, etc…
- Hefty – This bar weighs in at 61lbs, making it one of the beefier SSBs on the market.
From the Manufacturer
The Safety Squat Bar from Titan Fitness® is a specialty training barbell outfitted with shoulder and arm pads to reduce unnecessary strain on your shoulders. As your weightlifting grows more intensive over time, the pain and discomfort of a traditional barbell squat will increase on your shoulders. That's why this Safety Squat Bar is so effective for beginners as well as enthusiasts.
The bend of the weighted sleeve helps to stabilize your center of gravity, by lowering where the weight plates are added. This balance is key to increasing the effectiveness of your barbell squats. Comfortable hand grips give you more control of the bar during the lift, boosting the security and safety of the exercise.
LOSE UNNECESSARY PAIN: Keep the burn where it counts, on your quadriceps, calves, glutes, hamstrings, and lower back! Don't settle for the unnecessary strain on your shoulders and neck, make your workout more focused with the Safety Squat Bar.
MORE CONTROL OVER YOUR SQUAT: The bend of this specialty barbell's weight sleeves lowers your center of gravity, which gives you more security and control during your squat routine.
DURABLE CONSTRUCTION: Never fear your barbell suffering under too much intensity. Bring your toughest workout to the Safety Squat Bar – the durable steel construction will make it through.
DIMENSIONS: This specialty bar has an overall length of 90.5-inches, and handle spacing of 12.75-inches. The Shoulder pads are spaced 8-inches apart, and the bar diameter is 1.5-inches. The loadable sleeve length is 16-inches, and the sleeves are designed for Olympic weight plates.
What They're Saying at Titan Fitness
The Titan SSB v2 receives very positive feedback from users. With an average rating of 4.9/5, here are some of the things people have said at Titan.fitness:
- “Great bar, solid af, all welds are perfect, nothing uneven or warped. Pad is firm. “Look ma, no hands!”
- “This bar is great. Over time, as I gotten more comfortable with it, and I am able to get the weight further back and down my back. Now that I've been using it for nearly six months I feel great and it is the most comfortable squat in my life! It has also single-handedly fixed my shoulder and elbow pain. Titan SSB for the Win!!!”
- “After using for several weeks I am SHOCKED how much of a game changer this has been in all of the variations of squats I've tried. I have been lifting weights for around 30 years and this is a solution to several problems I've always had and have developed as I have aged. First, I've always been limited under heavy loads at the bottom of the squat as my posture breaks before my leg/hip drive does. This solves that by being able to perform a Hatfield type squat, bracing my upper body and being able to load my legs more. Second, I much prefer a low bar squat but I experience all sorts of issues with elbow tendonitis from the stress it creates. Counter to what some have said, I find this bar CAN be used in this position perfectly as long as you really hold the handles tightly as the bar wants to fall when loaded low on your shoulders. Finally, in a “normal” position this bar really challenges you to maintain good form by engaging your core and mid-back. Think a mix of deadlift, squat, and front squat smashed together in a really good way. I have been thrilled with the price / value this has been”
- “Overall this is in amazing product and right up there with any other safety squat bar…other then the kabuki squat bar…which is triple the price…this has to be one of the best one the market.”
- “Great quality, padding is great. It took a while to get here but it was worth the wait. Great bar.”
- “The construction of the bar is solid quality, and the bar looks to be exactly what I'm looking for, but there's one issue…The left shoulder handle won't screw into the barbell. The right shoulder handle screwed in with any problems, but the left doesn't screw into the bar. Looks like they have some welding issues that are preventing the handle from attaching. I really wish I could say that the quality control team did their job, but it's clear that they didn't, and the bar is back ordered for months. I'm sure they'll fix the issue, but it's not going to help me any time soon.”
- “A couple notes, the camber of the bar makes it so that the bar doesn't sit flat in my J hooks on my squat rack. But this is not a big deal. Additionally, the handles when you're gripping them, one can sometimes become unscrewed because they screw in the same direction. If they were opposite, you could “pull” or twist on the handles during the squat without unscrewing them. Overall, great bar.”
Garage Gym Lab Review
Garage Gym Lab has reviewed this bear. You can check out the review here and the synopsis below.
The below barbells were picked as alternatives to the Titan Fitness SSB v2: