Black Widow Slim Swiss Bar
- Manufacturer: Black Widow
- Purpose: Neutral Swiss Bar
- Bar Weight: 40 lbs
- Grip Widths: 4 Widths (8″, 15″, 23″, 30″)
- Total Grip Options: 4
- Shaft Finish: Powder Coat
- Sleeve Finish: Powder Coat
- Olympic-Sized Sleeves: No
- Rackable: Yes
- Made In: USA
- Warranty: N/A
Read below to get a detailed look at the Black Widow Slim Swiss Bar including product details, features, real user feedback, and more.
Black Widow Slim Swiss Bar
The Black Widow Slim Swiss Bar is a neutral-handle multi-grip bar with several grip options and an affordable price.
Read more for details.
Features & Highlights
- 4 Grip Widths – The Black Widow Slim Swiss Bar offers four neutral grip widths spaced at 8″, 15″, 23″, and 30″.
- Slim Profile – The main frame of this bar is only 7″ wide vs. ~10″ on more traditional swiss bars. This allows for improved range of motion and overall less wieldy bar.
- Rackable – This bar is rackable and will fit standard racks.
- Sleeve Length – On the Black Widow Slim Swiss bar, you get a sleeve length of 13″, which is in the wheelhouse for this style of bar.
- Powder Coat Finish – Powder Coat is a very common finish on specialty bars. It does a good job at limiting oxidation, but it does tend to show scuffs easily, especially on the sleeves and rack contact points.
- Non-Olympic Sized Sleeve – The sleeves on the Black Widow Slim Swiss Bar are not Olympic-sized, which means you will need specialty collars. My personal recommendation is Proloc since they can be used on any bar. They would very well and they're well-priced.
From the Manufacturer
Our Slim Swiss Bar will fit any standard rack.
Handles are all neutral. Can be used with curls, tricep extensions, SL deadlift, and bent over rows.
The neutral position of the hands during pressing movements relieves a lot of stress on the shoulder joint.
This bar was made 1.5″ slimmer than our regular angled swiss bar, for easier overhead pressing, as well as an extra outer grip.
What They're Saying at Black Widow
The Black Widow Slim Swiss Bar receives very good feedback from users. With an average rating of 5/5, here are some of the things people have said at blackwidowtg.com.
- “Well built. This is my second bar from Black Widow. Their products are awesome- durable, strong and can carry weight.”
- “Will fit any rack with ease. Looks like they redesigned the bar, so it was better then expected. This is the second product that I've purchased from this company and I'm extremely happy with the customer service and quality.”
- “I have had to limit my bench training frequency and volume, and had to stop overhead pressing entirely due to severe shoulder pain with a straight bar. I can bench pain free with any of the 4 grip positions on this bar, and can overhead press without pain again! Finish and quality are also top notch!”
- “This bar is amazing! It's very well built and gives you many training options. I enjoy doing cluster sets and changing the grip width as I go. Its awesome for bench presses, shoulder presses, rows, curls and tricep work. I got this bar, the 2″ thick bar, the viking press attachment and the rackable hex bar in my basement gym and I can confidently say that I have more training options in my basement than I do at my current gym. I am very happy with my Black Widow Training Gear equipment and use the equipment on a daily basis as I prepare for bodybuilding competitions! :)”
- None Noted
Garage Gym Lab Review
Garage Gym Lab has not yet reviewed this bar.
The below barbells were picked as alternatives to the Black Widow Slim Swiss Bar: