Get Rx’d Competition Econ Flat Bench
- Manufacturer: Get Rx'd
- Bench Type: Competition Flat Bench
- Bolt Together/Weld: Bolt Together
- Bench Height: 16.7″ or 18.7″
- Pad Dimensions: 12.6″ or 14.6″ wide; 54.4″ long; 2.5″ or 4.5″ thick
- Bench Weight: 48-60lbs
- Weight Limit: 850lbs
- Wheels: Yes
- Tripod Design: Yes
- Color: Black
- Made In: Import
- Warranty: N/A
Read below to get a detailed look at the Get Rx'd Competition Econ Flat Bench including product details, features, real user feedback, and more.
Get Rx'd Competition Econ Flat Bench
The Get Rx'd Competition Econ Flat Bench is a very well-priced tripod-designed bench with competition specs, several pad options, and solid user reviews.
Read more below.
Features & Highlights
- Bolt-Together Design – The Econ Flat Bench has a bolt-together design using 3×3 2mm thick steel (slightly thicker than 14-gauge). Some assembly is required, as the bench ships disassembled.
- Tripod Design – This bench includes a single post as the front foot, which improves foot placement and helps generate better leg drive.
- Weight Limit – The bench is capable of handling 850lbs, which is the wheelhouse for a bench of this type/price.
- IPF Height & Not IPF Height – The bench has three pad options (see below). The standard pad creates a 16.7″ height, which is within IPF specs. The other thicker pad options create a higher bench of 18.7″, both of which are outside of the IPF spec range.
- Pad Options – The Get Rx'd Competition Econ Flat Bench comes with a standard 2.5″ thick pad with a width of 12.6″. This is slightly wider than the standard 12″ on most benches, but many people will like this added width. They also offer two “hefty” benches: one standard width (12.6″) and one with a wide width of 14.6.” The wide version is very slightly wider than the popular Thompson Fat Pad. Both of these hefty options are 4.5″ thick, which creates a comfortable surface, but which also pushes the height outside of IPF tolerance.
- Includes Wheels & Handle – This bench includes two rear wheels and a handle on the front post. The bench itself can weigh anywhere from 48-60 lbs, so having a wheeled frame is helpful for portability and moving it around the gym.
- Grippy Vinyl – This bench offers a very grippy vinyl that helps prevent slippage while using.
What They're Saying at Getrxd.com
The Get Rx'd Competition Econ Flat Bench receives positive feedback from users. With an average rating of 4.8/5, here are some of the things people have said at getrxd.com:
- “I purchased this bench with the wide-fat pad. It’s certainly a lifetime product and it’s been a very welcome addition to my home gym.”
- “Heavy enough to handle any weight I put on it, yet light enough to tilt and roll away when need the space. Great pricing and quality!”
- “Solid bench. Hefty and durable but go for the regular padding unless you’re 6’2. At 5’10 My feet can’t reach for a good push. But this will last you a lifetime.”
- “Very sturdy. The pad is thick and wide. Its low enough to have your feet flat on the floor.”
- “There isn't anything out there better for the price. STOUT!”
- “I’ll nit-pick a couple of things: first, the metal part where the wheels attach are a little bulky which prevent the bench from rolling smoothly at a low angle. When I raise the angle it rolls just fine. Second, although I’m able to stand the bench up after use, the pad makes contact with the ground which isn’t good for longevity of the pad. If the metal frame extended a bit more this problem would go away. The quick fix for me was to lean it against a wall so the pad doesn’t touch the ground (space is an issue for me). One last thing; There’s a plastic end cap with rubber on the moving handle. I would have preferred no cover over the metal. Once again, these are minor gripes about an otherwise VERY nice bench.”
Garage Gym Lab Review
Garage Gym Lab has not yet reviewed this bench.
The below benches were picked as alternatives to the Get Rx'd Competition Econ Flat Bench.