Rogue Monster Utility Bench 2.0
- Manufacturer: Rogue Fitness
- Bench Type: Competition Flat Bench
- Bolt Together/Weld: Bolt Together
- Bench Height: 15.25″, 17.5″ or 19.75″
- Pad Dimensions: 12″, 12.5″, or 14.5″ wide; 47″ or 50″ long; 2.5″ or 4.5″ thick
- Bench Weight: 68lbs
- Weight Limit: 1,000lbs
- Wheels: Yes
- Tripod Design: Yes
- Color: Black
- Made In: USA
- Warranty: Limited Lifetime on Frame
Read below to get a detailed look at the Rogue Monster Utility Bench 2.0 including product details, features, real user feedback, and more.
Rogue Monster Utility Bench 2.0
The Rogue Monster Utility Bench 2.0 is Rogue’s highest-end flat bench. This bench comes in six different configurations, allowing you to select bench height and pad options. It has several other notable features that make it one of the best flat benches on the market.
Read more below.
Features & Highlights
- Bolt-Together Design – The Rogue Monster Bench 2.0 has a bolt-together design using 3×3 11-gauge steel, making it the heaviest-duty bench in Rogue’s lineup. Some assembly is required by attaching the rear feet, the front post, and the pad.
- Tripod Design – This bench comes with a single post as the front foot, which greatly improves foot placement. This allows lifters of all sizes to more easily get ample leg drive.
- Weight Limit – The bench is capable of handling 1,000+lbs, making it more than strong enough for nearly everyone.
- Six Configurations – The Rogue Monster Bench 2.0 comes in two heights: shorty and standard. It also comes with three different pad options: standard, competition fat pad, and Thompson fat pad. Users who plan on buying one of two of the fat pads may elect for the shorty version so they can maintain a 17.5″ height (IPF spec’d). With the standard pad on the shorty bench, it’s only 15.25″, which is too short for most people. Conversely, those looking at the standard height may only consider the standard pad to maintain a 17.5″ height. Either of the fat pads on the standard height frame will make the bench 19.75″, which is too tall for most people.
- Includes Wheels & Handle – The Monster Bench includes two rear wheels and a vertical handle on the front post. This helps move the 68lb bench around the gym much more easily.
- Grippy Vinyl – This bench offers a very grippy vinyl that keeps lifters from slipping while using. In general, Rogue offers some of the best vinyl in this regard.
- Upright Storage – This bench can be stored vertically by tilting it towards the wheels and allowing it to rest on the frame post that extends just past the pad and wheels.
- Handle Options – The Monster Utility Bench 2.0 can be purchased with a standard powder coated handle or for an upcharge you can upgrade to a stainless steel knurled handle.
What They’re Saying at Roguefitness.com
The Rogue Monster Utility Bench 2.0 receives very positive feedback from users. With an average rating of 4.8/5, here are some of the things people have said at roguefitness.com:
- “I had to wait a bit for this bench, but it was so worth it! I had not been able to use this bench before ordering it (I’m not part of a box), and I was so happy with what I ordered. I wasn’t sure about the height or which pad – but the short height and standard pad are perfect for my use. The quality construction, the rolling wheels, and the aesthetic of the bench is exactly what I had hoped for.”
- “My old bench was giving me hip pain because it was just too tall for me and put my hips at a bad angle. I cobbled together some blocks to raise my feet a bit, but the blocks sometimes shifted while I was lifting which seemed unsafe. The shorty monster bench with the standard pad was the perfect height for me. It’s also wider at the shoulders which gives my bench press more stability and protects my shoulders. It took a minute to get used to the firmness – my old bench had more padding – but now I love it. It gives me great support to power through my bench press. I highly recommend the shorty monster utility bench for lifters around my height. I’m 5’4″.”
- “This bench exceeded my expectations on both the frame size and the Thompson fat pad quality (good firmness, fabric grip). Sitting on the narrow end is a bit wobbly but for this I have an adjustable bench, while lying flat is great.”
- “I bought the shorty bench with the competition fat pad, & I love it. It is narrower than the regular fat pad. We had some issues with the holes on the leg that were not threaded, but they sent a replacement immediately. I don’t think I will ever have to buy another bench. After benching on a metal bench for a couple months, I can truly appreciate it.”
- “I went w the shorty, DT fat pad and stainless knurled handle- love everything about it. I actually sold my rep zero gap in favor of the AB-3 and this because I wanted the best of both worlds rather than one multifunctional bench that didn’t quite hit the Mark for me… kinda like comparing a Swiss Army knife to an actual tool/knife designed for a specific purpose. Rogue is a guaranteed “buy once” purchase and this one does not disappoint“
- “I waited so long to finally get this bench (because it was sold out) and it is 100% worth it. I have the shorty version and use the Competition Pad with it. Together it is the best bench I have ever used. At the time I bought the Monster Utility Bench 2.0, the bench and the Competition Pad had to be acquired separately, so I paid just over $500 total. It is still worth it for how quality this thing is. I do have the regular, thin pad that the bench comes with and use it for other purposes, but if you can get the shorty with Competition or Thompson Fat Pad, do it. This is basically the Rolls Royce of benches.”
- “My only gripe is that it is not super stable when it is stored vertically.”
- “Bench wobbles on the way down if you sit on the edge (single post side) and kick up heavy dumbbells. So, I switched sides and it’s all good, but I prefer the stability of the old model.”
Garage Gym Lab Review
The Rogue Monster Utility Bench was a winner in the Garage Gym Lab Best Weight Bench Awards.
The below benches were picked as alternatives to the Rogue Monster Utility Bench 2.0.