REP Fitness FB-4000
- Manufacturer: REP Fitness
- Bench Type: Competition Flat Bench
- Bolt Together/Weld: Bolt Together
- Bench Height: 17″
- Pad Dimensions: 12″ Wide, 45.25″ Long, 2.5″ Thick
- Bench Weight: 48lbs
- Weight Limit: 700lbs
- Wheels: Yes
- Tripod Design: Yes
- Color: Multiple Options
- Made In: Import
- Warranty: 10 Years on Frame
Read below to get a detailed look at the REP FB-4000 including product details, features, real user feedback, and more.
REP Fitness FB-4000
The REP Fitness FB-4000 is REP's mid-level flat bench. It includes similar features to the more expensive FB-5000 but with a lighter frame and a few design differences. This bench is ideal for those looking for a competition-designed bench without the bigger price tag or weight rating.
Read more below.
Features & Highlights
- Bolt-Together Design – The FB-4000 has a bolt-together design using 3×3 14-gauge steel. Some assembly is required by attaching the rear feet, the front post, and the pad.
- Tripod Design – This bench includes a tripod design, which means the front foot is a single post. This is beneficial because it allows more freedom for the lifter's feet, which is a very important factor in generating leg drive.
- Weight Limit – The REP FB-4000 offers a 700lb rating. When determining weight limit, it's important to remember that this includes the bar weight and your body weight. As an example, a 175lb lifter could safely lift 525lbs on this bench.
- IPF Height – This bench measures 17″ tall from the floor, which is an ideal height for most users and which is also within IPF specs.
- Includes Wheels & Handle – The FB-4000 includes two rear wheels and a front-post handle, making it easy to move the bench around the gym.
- Grippy Vinyl – This bench offers the same grippy vinyl that the more expensive FB-5000 bench offers. The vinyl is textured to provide a stickier surface so you don't slide around the bench while lifting.
- Wide Pad Compatible – You can mount a wide pad to this bench frame with the REP wide pad or the Thompson Fat Pad (additional hardware required on Thompson).
- Color Options – The FB-4000 can be purchased in red, blue, metallic black, and matte black. The red, blue, and metallic black options costs slightly more money.
What They're Saying at Repfitness.com
The REP FB-4000 receives very positive feedback from users. With an average rating of 5/5, here are some of the things people have said at repfitness.com:
- “Great bench! Had it a little over a year now, and its held up well. Used for bench press, dumbbell exercises, etc. Pad is plenty thick, bench is the right height for bench pressing, and it is very stable. The wheels are perfect for a small home gym, making it easy to move around, and to store on its end. For the price you cant beat it.”
- “The FB4000 is an exceptional value. If youre a mortal and arent going to be pushing 700 lbs, you cannot get a better comp style bench for your hard-earned money. It arrived packed very well, was easy to put together, and it looks amazing. I got mine in metallic black. No regrets. Its way more stable than my FID for regular old heavy(ish) benching and man, I cant stop looking at it. Its sexy AF. Thank God for Rep offering amazing equipment at working man prices in a time when people are gouging home gym builders. If you are even remotely on the fence about this, do yourself a favor and just get it. Oh, and its grippy so even sweaty AF you will stay put wherever you set up on this pad. That is a great touch, Rep! 10/10.”
- “Solid bench. Can’t beat the price point. Super good quality product and very easy to assemble.”
- “Great bench for powerlifting. Bench stays put when you use a lot of leg drive and the pad is very grippy so you don’t slide off. The wheels and handle make it easy to move around. Assembly took around 30mins or so. Red paint is beautiful.”
- “Easy to assemble and great quality. The wheels make it very easy to move around. The pad is made of great grippy material and is very comfortable to bench on. The tripod feet is also a great design so the legs of the bench don't get in the way of leg drive.”
- “Solid, easy to set up, good price point. Great bench for my garage gym.”
- None Noted
Garage Gym Lab Review
Garage Gym Lab has not yet reviewed this bench.
The below benches were picked as alternatives to the Rep Fitness FB-4000.