Get Rx’d Competition Heavy Flat Bench
- Manufacturer: Get Rx'd
- Bench Type: Competition Flat Bench
- Bolt Together/Weld: Bolt Together
- Bench Height: 16.7″ or 18.7″
- Pad Dimensions: 12.6″ or 14.6″ wide; 54.4″ long; 2.5″ or 4.5″ thick
- Bench Weight: 57-69lbs
- Weight Limit: 1,200lbs
- Wheels: Yes
- Tripod Design: Yes
- Color: Black
- Made In: Import
- Warranty: N/A
Read below to get a detailed look at the Get Rx'd Competition Heavy Flat Bench including product details, features, real user feedback, and more.
Get Rx'd Competition Heavy Flat Bench
The Get Rx'd Competition Heavy Flat Bench is a well-spec'd and budget-friendly flat bench with several notable upgrades over the econ version.
Read more below.
Features & Highlights
- Bolt-Together Design – The Heavy Flat Bench has a bolt-together design using 3×3 11-gauge steel, which is thicker than the ~14-gauge steel on the Econ version. Some assembly is required.
- Tripod Design – This bench includes a single post as the front foot, which improves foot placement and helps generate better leg drive, especially for shorter lifters.
- Weight Limit – The bench is capable of handling 1,200lbs, which is more than enough for virtually anyone. It's also higher than the 850lb limit on the econ version.
- IPF Height & Not IPF Height – The bench has three pad options (see below). The standard pad creates a 16.7″ height, which is within IPF specs. The other thicker pad options, however, are not within IPF specs since they create a bench height of 18.7″
- Pad Options – The Get Rx'd Competition Heavy Flat Bench comes equipped with a standard 2.5″ thick pad with a width of 12.6″. This is slightly wider than the standard 12″ on most benches, but many people will like this added width. They also offer two “hefty” benches: one standard width (12.6″) and one with a wide width of 14.6.” The wide version is very slightly wider than the popular Thompson Fat Pad. Both of these hefty options are 4.5″ thick, which creates a comfortable surface, but which also pushes the height outside of IPF tolerance.
- Includes Wheels & Handle – This bench includes two rear wheels and a handle on the front post. Both of these features are upgraded over the Econ version to include a nicer grip on the handle and wheel guards on the bench. With the bench weighing between 57-69lbs, the wheels make it much easier to move around the gym.
- Grippy Vinyl – This bench offers a very grippy vinyl that helps prevent slippage while using.
What They're Saying at Getrxd.com
The Get Rx'd Competition Heavy Flat Bench receives positive feedback from users. With an average rating of 4.8/5, here are some of the things people have said at getrxd.com:
- “Excellent wide bench, and for the price couldn't get any better quality is great”
- “I have jacked up soldiers from years of using 12 inch width benches. So it's kept my bench from sky rocketing like when I was younger, but now with the extra near 3 inches of width has brought me back. I freaking love this bench and it's not as expensive as the Fat Pad.”
- “This bench is built like a tank. Has three points of contact and is very sturdy. The thick pad was well worth the additional money.”
- “Awesome quality. This is exactly what I was looking for. It is a little closer to the ground for us with shorter legs.“
- “Strong sturdy bench. I had some bad experiences with other brands and their bench quality. I was pleased when I used this one. I have 3 of them in my gym.”
- None Noted
Garage Gym Lab Review
Garage Gym Lab has not yet reviewed this bench.
The below benches were picked as alternatives to the Get Rx'd Competition Heavy Flat Bench.