Griffin Black Bumper Plates
- Manufacturer: Griffin Fitness
- Plate Type: Rubber Bumper Plate
- Insert Type: Center Ring
- Weight System: LB/Pounds
- Weight Increments: 10LB-45LB
- Durometer Rating/Bounce: 75-90/Medium Bounce
- Weight Tolerance: +/- 1%
- Diameter: 450mm
- Hole Size: 50.8mm
- Color: Black w/ White lettering
- Made in: Import
- Warranty: 3 Months on 10-15lbs & 3 Years on 25lb+
Read below to get a detailed look at the Griffin Black Bumper Plates including product details, features, real user feedback, and more.
Griffin Black Bumper Plates
Griffin Black Bumper Plates are budget-friendly economy bumpers with a reasonable plate width, a tight tolerance for this style, and great user feedback.
Griffin also sells a higher end competition-style plate.
Read more for details.
Features & Highlights
- Bounce – The Griffin Black Bumpers offer two durometer ratings: 90 on 10LB and 15LB plates and 75 on 25LB-45LB. The higher the number, the lower the bounce, so the 25LB+ plates will bounce more than more expensive competition/urethane plates.
- Center Ring – These plates use a steel center ring insert that measures 2″ in diameter, which is consistent among plates of this style. This will accommodate any Olympic-sized bar.
- Raised Flanges– The outer edges of the plates are raised to help when picking the plates up from a flat position or otherwise carrying them.
- Weight Offerings – Griffin Black Bumpers can be purchased from 10LB up to 45LB and they're sold in pairs. They're also available in sets ranging from 230LB up to 260LBS.
- Plate Width – These bumpers offer a respectable width. They aren't as narrow as higher-end plates, but they also aren't as wide as Hi-Temps or some other traditional bumpers. Plate widths are as follows:
- 10LB – 1″
- 15LB – 1.25″
- 25LB – 1.75″
- 35LB – 2.4″
- 45LB – 2.83″
- Durability – These bumpers include hooks that are actually molded into the plate to improve durability and longevity of the plates. Over time, things to look out for include the rubber chipping and/or the center hub loosening. It's not recommended to drop the 10LB or 15LB plates by themselves, as these are the most prone to warping/damage.
- Weight Tolerance – The Griffin Black Bumpers have a weight tolerance of +/-1%, which is very good for economy bumpers. Competing plates have upwards of a +/-3% tolerance.
- Aesthetics – These plates look very nice with the white contrasting lettering. Many economy black bumpers have black lettering, which can be more difficult to see. The white is much more legible and generally better-looking, in my opinion.
- Warranty – Griffin offers a 3-month warranty on 10LB-15LB plates and a 3-year warranty on 25LB+ plates.
What They're Saying at Griffin Fitness
Griffin Black Bumper Plates receive very positive feedback from users. With an average rating of 5/5, here are some of the things people have said at griffin.fitness.
- “These bumper plates are awesome! After shopping around I was stoked to find a local California fitness brand that had quality items for a solid price. The Griffin Fitness team has amazing customer service and they were so cool to talk to when I picked up my order. Will definitely be buying more gear from Griffin Fitness in the future!!”
- “I purchased a pair of black 45s and they are my new favorite plates. They are accurate as stated, and very nice quality. Shipping was fast and cheaper than the major competitors (I’m in Northern NV) and the customer service is fantastic. I will be purchasing more in the future!”
- “I picked up a couple of pairs of the black 45 bumpers and they were good quality and value. Customer service was great, will definitely be purchasing from Griffin again.”
- “This is one of the best brands with reasonable pricing and shipping. I am so impressed by the quality of these plates and they have made my garage gym feel more complete. I highly recommend griffin fitness for plates.”
- None noted
Garage Gym Lab Review
Garage Gym Lab has not yet reviewed these plates.
The below plates were picked as alternatives to the Griffin Black Bumper Plates.