Kabuki Strength Kadillac Bar
- Manufacturer: Kabuki Strength
- Purpose: Angled Cambered Swiss Bar
- Bar Weight: 20 kg
- Grip Widths: 3 (14″, 21″, 29″)
- Total Grip Options: 6
- Shaft Finish: Powder Coat
- Sleeve Finish: Zinc
- Olympic-Sized Sleeves: Yes
- Rackable: Yes
- Made In: USA
- Warranty: Lifetime
Read below to get a detailed look at the Kabuki Strength Kadillac Bar including product details, features, real user feedback, and more.
Kabuki Strength Kadillac Bar
The Kabuki Strength Kadillac Bar is the first of its kind and one of the most unique multi-grip bars currently on the market.
This bar was created to offer the same angle as the popular Duffalo Bar while adding multiple grip options to relieve upper extremity stress and provide a unique training stimulus.
Read more for details.
Features & Highlights
- 3 Grip Widths/6 Total Grip Options – The Kabuki Strength Kadillac Bar offers three angled grip widths spaced at 14″, 21″, and 29″. You can also flip this bar over to achieve the opposite angle, but keep in mind that you will limit your range of motion due to the camber.
- 3 Grip Angles – In addition to various widths, the Kadillac bar also offers three different angles at 10 degrees, 12.5 degrees, and 15 degrees, providing even more variety.
- Slim Profile – This bar offers a 7″ wide frame, which is less than the traditional 10″ on other multi-grip bars. This allows for increased range of motion and it's generally less unwieldy.
- Camber – This bar offers a cambered center which allows for additional range of motion on certain lifts, such as bench press variations and row variations. When flipped, you can train partial ranges of motion, like a board press, etc…
- Rackable – This bar is rackable and it will fit most standard racks. Keep in mind that those who have a 47″ (outside width) rack will experience a tight fit with this bar. It's still usable, but just something to keep in mind.
- Sleeve Length – The Kadillac Bar offers a 16.75″ loadable sleeve length, which is the longest sleeve in the industry.
- Powder Coat Finish – Powder Coat is a very common finish on specialty bars. It does a good job at limiting oxidation, but it does tend to show scuffs easily, especially on rack contact points. The texture on this specific powdercoat is quite nice and grippy. See below regarding sleeves.
- Olympic-Sized, Zinc Sleeve – A nice benefit of this bar is that the sleeves are Olympic-sized, which means you can use any collar on the bar. Many specialty bars, especially swiss/multi-grip bars, have thinner sleeves that require specialized collars. Another great feature about these sleeves is that they're finished in bright zinc, which is not common in the multi-grip bar market. Most bars have powdercoated sleeves, which shows unsightly scarring over time from plates sliding on and off. That said, some users have complained of scarring regardless.
- Some Assembly Required – To save on shipping, the Kadillac bar ships without it's sleeves disassembled. They're easy to assemble on the bar once received.
From the Manufacturer
What They're Saying at Kabuki Strength
The Kabuki Kadillac Bar receives very good feedback from users. With an average rating of 4.7/5, here are some of the things people have said at kabukistrength.net.
- “This bar is awesome. It might be a bit expensive compared to other neutral grip bars but it is absolutely worth it. I’ve used this bar almost exclusively for bench and overhead press for the last 6 months or so and my shoulders feel fantastic. Was starting to have some shoulder pain from standard bar pressing after 15+ years of lifting and this bar has alleviated that completely. Can now press pain free with the standard bar again but I see no reason to. This bar has great carry over to regular bench press. My strength with a straight bar has increased from benching exclusively with the kadillac bar. Overhead press and rows feel great with this bar as well. You won’t regret buying this bar.”
- “The product was easy to assemble and every piece of it was high quality. You really do get what you pay for and their customer service is on another level. There is no other fitness company that can match the customer service that Kabuki provides. Came for the equipment and left with very good vibes. Will definitely be buying more in the future from Kabuki!”
- “I have nothing but good things to say about this bar. First and foremost, the price point is well worth it once the bar touches your hands. When you grip the bar, the knurling grips back and your hands aren't going anywhere. I was shocked at the comfort of the grip as well. Further, the comfort in benching of all varieties is beyond explanation. The reviews do not do it justice. Flat, incline, close, wide; they all feel natural and powerful. The camber is perfect and when you bench it is smooth and deep. The full r.o.m. is a clear benefit to most people's sticking point at the lower portion of the bench press. Use this bar for awhile and that will not be an issue any longer. The variety of lifts that can be done on this are also comfortable and feel more natural. Overhead press, bent over rows, skull crushers; everything feels smooth. I love this bar, Kabuki created something truly amazing in this piece of equipment. With over a decade of lifting experience, the only thing I've found that is as big of a game changer is Kabuki's own duffalo bar.”
- “I don’t have shoulder pain, but for me, bench pressing with the Kadillac bar just feels more natural. I also feel like I get a better chest work out. Grip feels great and the multiple hand positions mix it up a bit. Super stable.”
- “I’ve always had shoulder pain while bench pressing with a straight bar. I took a chance with the Kad bar and I’m so happy that I did. I loom forward to bench pressing now. I can even use it in 10×10 sets and not have any shoulder pain. I would highly recommend this bar for anyone with shoulder pain when using a straight bar. Let the gains begin.”
- “I truly enjoy the bar, the shape/grip and balance are great. However, who ever they are using to plate the sleeves needs to be replaced. After a week of having the bar and only using once with high quality bumper plates the finish on the sleeves is chipping off. At this price point I would have expected better from a cosmetic standpoint. That being said, from a functional standpoint the bar is great.”
- “The bolt on sleeves don’t serve any purpose beside constantly coming loose. Either make it normal axle sleeves and discount it, or make actual sleeves that spin like AB does. Grips are too narrow and non knurled. The widest grip is the standard grip on bench for lots of people. Narrower grips are decent for triceps, but increased ROM isn’t even good for hitting TRIs.”
Garage Gym Lab Review
Garage Gym Lab owns this bar – a review will be available soon.
The below barbells were picked as alternatives to the Kabuki Strength Kadillac Bar: