Kabuki Strength Squat Bar
- Manufacturer: Kabuki Strength
- Purpose: Squat
- Bar Weight: 25kg
- Tensile Strength: 250,000
- Yield Strength: N/A
- Knurl Type: Aggressive
- Center Knurl: Yes/Full Knurl Coverage
- Knurl Marks: Powerlifting
- Shaft Finish: Zinc, Black Oxide, or Electroless Nickel
- Shaft Diameter: 32mm
- Sleeve Finish: Zinc, Black Oxide, or Electroless Nickel
- Sleeve Type: Grooved
- Rotation System: Bushing
- Made In: USA
- Warranty: 5 Years
Read below to get a closer look at the Kabuki Strength Squat Bar including product details, features, real user feedback, and more.
Kabuki Strength Squat Bar
The Kabuki Squat Bar is one of the nicest squat bars on the market. This a premium bar at a premium price.
With three different finish options to choose from, users can look at aesthetics, oxidation resistance, feel, and price to determine which is best for them.
Read more for details.
Features & Highlights
- Finish Options – The bar comes in three finish types: Zinc, Black Oxide, and Electroless Nickel (shown in order of price from lowest to highest). Electroless Nickel will provide the best oxidation resistance, arguably the best feel, and arguably the best look, but it will also cost the most. Black Oxide lacks oxidation resistance, but it looks great and it offers a supreme feel given it’s a conversion coating. The cheapest option is zinc, which provides middle-of-the-road oxidation resistance, feel, and look.
- Knurl Pattern & Coverage – The Kabuki Squat Bar offers a similar knurl to the popular Kabuki Strength Power Bar with an aggressive pattern. The bar is fully knurled from end to end, with only powerlfiting marks and a center ring to ensure a centered starting spot.
- 32mm Shaft – The Kabuki Squat Bar comes equipped with a thick almost 32mm shaft, which is standard from a squat bar. This creates an extremely rigid shaft ideal for extremely heavy squat attempts.
- Tensile Strength – Tensile strength on this bar is 250,000 PSI, which far exceeds any other squat bar on the market.
- Grooved Sleeves – The grooved sleeves will tend to keep the plates on the bar better than a smooth sleeve when not using collars, but they will also be louder. The finish of the sleeve will match whichever finish you select for the shaft.
- Total Length & Sleeve length – The Kabuki Squat Bar has a total length of 95″ with a loadable sleeve length of 16.75″, making it considerably longer than a traditional barbell. For perspective, a traditional bar will generally have a total length of ~86.75″ and a sleeve length of ~16.5″ and below. Both total length and sleeve length are spec’d very similar to the Rogue Squat Bar.
- American Made – This bar is made in America.
From the Manufacturer
This is our specialty squat bar, a thicker bar designed specifically for squatting to reduce the oscillation of the bar. This bar is fully knurled across the length of the bar with the exception of the center mark and standard powerlifting marks, 32mm in thickness, and 95 inches in overall length.
What is it about our new generation bars that sets them apart? With a tensile strength of over 250k PSI and a rockwell hardness of 51 RC, this bar is harder than any other bar currently on market. What this means in practical terms is that the knurl won’t wear down over the years, leaving you with a bar that is performing sub par, compared to when it was new. Even where the bar contacts the rack, it will maintain that fine, tacky, aggressive knurl, just like the day it was unboxed.
Lastly, another small feature to differentiate our bar is the center marks in the knurl. We wanted to leave the power bar with a continuous center knurl, so as to not lose any of the grip effects for squatting, but still have marking to indicate the bars center for alignment purposes.
What They’re Saying at Kabuki Strength
The Kabuki Strength Squat Bar receives very positive feedback from users. With an average rating of 5/5, here are some of the things people have said at kabukistrength.net.
- “Best squat bar out there. Superb knurling runs across the whole bar and sticks like glue. No chalk needed with a middle bar stripe. Dare I say a beautiful comfy bar? Yes!”
- “I purchased the nickel plated Squat bar and it is an absolute beast in how it feels and the quality of the bar. It has a feel similar to the Kabuki Power Bar but a little bit longer and heavier. I use this bar for front squats exclusively due to the grip that offers and the control I have when performing front squats. If looking for a premium squat bar, you cannot go wrong with the Kabuki Squat Bar in terms of quality and the way it performs.”
- “This is the best bar I have ever used for squats. Whip is non-existent and the bar is very stable. I have used this bar for low bar squats and for front squats also. The knurling has a great feel for both lifts. For front squats, it actually exceeded my expectations. I am very pleased with this purchase. Thank you Mr. Duffin and Kabuki Strength.”
- “I was wondering if a dedicated squat bar would really provide all that much over a power bar. It does. The larger diameter is noticeably more comfortable on the back. The knurling is amazing, and being fully knurled throughout its length makes it stick to your back like velcro. Moving the weight felt like a dream with this bar and I was very impressed. Well done.”
- “Love the bar, favorite bar to squat with. The knurling along the entire length of the bar makes it very grippy and the center ring is a nice touch. Bar is whippy under heavier loads but not too bad. I’ve trained with a Texas squat bar which is stiffer but I prefer the knurling of this bar to the Texas bar.”
- “Only issue I noticed was a slight play in the sleeves that’s a little more noticeable than other bars I own.”
Garage Gym Lab Review
Garage Gym Lab has not yet reviewed this bar.
The below barbells were picked as alternatives to the Kabuki Strength Squat Bar: