Rogue Squat Bar
- Manufacturer: Rogue Fitness
- Purpose: Squat
- Bar Weight: 25kg
- Tensile Strength: 200,000
- Yield Strength: N/A
- Knurl Type: Aggressive
- Center Knurl: Yes/Full Shaft Coverage
- Knurl Marks: Powerlifting
- Shaft Finish: Stainless Steel
- Shaft Diameter: 32mm
- Sleeve Finish: Hard Chrome
- Sleeve Type: Grooved
- Rotation System: Bushing
- Made In: USA
- Warranty: Lifetime
Read below to get a closer look at the Rogue Squat Bar including product details, features, real user feedback, and more.
Rogue Squat Bar
The Rogue Squat Bar is one of the newest squat bars on the market and it's garnered a strong reputation as a great squat bar with elite-level specs.
Read more for details.
Features & Highlights
- Stainless Steel – Stainless steel is excellent at preventing rust and it provides a true raw feel. While it is one of the more expensive options, it is arguably the best one available. Aside from the oxidation resistance and excellent feel, stainless steel also looks fantastic.
- Knurl Pattern & Coverage – The Rogue Squat Bar offers a similar knurl to the popular Rogue Ohio Power Bar with an aggressive volcano pattern. The bar is fully knurled from end to end, with only powerlfiting marks and a center ring to ensure a centered starting spot.
- 32mm Shaft – This bar comes equipped with a thick 32mm shaft, which is standard from a squat bar. This creates an extremely rigid shaft ideal for extremely heavy squat attempts.
- Tensile Strength – Tensile strength on this bar is 200,000 PSI, which is one of the highest in the squat bar market.
- Grooved Sleeves – The grooved sleeves will tend to keep the plates on the bar better than a smooth sleeve when not using collars, but they will also be louder. The sleeves on this bar are finished in hard chrome.
- Total Length & Sleeve length – The Rogue Squat Bar has a total length of 94.5″ with a loadable sleeve length of 16.8″, making it considerably longer than a traditional barbell. For perspective, a traditional bar will generally have a total length of ~86.75″ and a sleeve length of ~16.5″ and below. Both total length and sleeve length are shorter on the Rogue Squat Bar than the Texas Squat Bar. One of the biggest reasons for the longer bar/shaft is for big-bodied squatters who squat with a wide grip to get more space to work with.
- American Made – This bar is made in America.
- Strong Warranty – The Rogue Squat Bar comes with a lifetime warranty.
From the Manufacturer
The 32MM Squat Bar is another Rogue-exclusive, Ohio-built power bar, featuring a deep, coarse knurl pattern for optimal “stick” and an oversized stainless steel shaft for reduced whip/flex on heavy loads. We sent the prototype through the gauntlet of abuse (aka product testing) at Westside Barbell, and only after they gave it their approval did we move forward into mass production.
At a length of 94.49”, the Squat Bar is considerably longer than a standard Oly bar (our Ohio Bar is 86.75”), with 56” between the sleeves and a loadable sleeve length of 16.795” (vs. 16.4” on the Ohio Bar). The 32mm diameter stainless steel shaft has a tensile strength of 200,000 PSI, and the knurling runs across its entire length, with clearcut powerlifting marks and a center mark included. The aggressive knurl pattern ensures a firm grip without being sharp or abrasive.
What They're Saying at Rogue Fitness
The Rogue Squat Bar receives very positive feedback from users. With an average rating of 4.9/5, here are some of the things people have said at roguefitness.com.
- “I bought this bar because I like to have my hands wide and the extra length gives me more room. And the aggressive knurling that goes across the entire inside length really helps not only with back squats, but especially front squats. The quality is really good, reason not for 5 stars is because it is not as rigid as I thought it would be, probably because of the added length maybe. Build quality is very good, knurling type is very different, really sticks, I no longer chalk my shirt. I would recommend this bar for experienced lifters, I would say newbies and intermediates would not see the benefit of this bar because alot of the benefits of specialty high quality bars are only noticable with heavier weight.”
- “Bought this a little over a month ago. Knurling is exceptional, takes some getting used to if you have never used a squat bar. I am used to more whip, and the bar sitting differently on my back, so there was an adjustment, but after playing with it I much prefer this bar. I am also very broad, so the extra width is much appreciated by my shoulders.”
- “Was suffering from shoulder pain doing squats over 500lbs with the bars at my commercial gym. This bar because of the lack of whip and diameter this bar is significantly more comfortable. Worth the investment!”
- “Love the knurl and diameter of this bar. Zero flex and the options for wide hand spacing is needed. with the exception of the USAPL/IPF, other powerlifting federations utilize as specialized squat bar and this is as good as any.”
- “Got a PR 1st time using it. Sticks much better than my power bar due to the knurling going all the way across. Longer bar makes racking without hitting the rack a breeze .”
- None Noted
Garage Gym Lab Review
Garage Gym Lab has not yet reviewed this bar.
The below barbells were picked as alternatives to the Rogue Squat Bar: