REP PR-4100 Wall Mount Rack
- Manufacturer: REP Fitness
- Rack Type: Wall-Mount Rack
- Tube Size: 3×3 11-Gauge Steel
- Hole Size: 5/8″
- Hole Spacing: Westside (1″ ) through bench zone. 2″ above and below.
- Height: 92″
- Footprint: 21″ or 41″ Deep/48.5″ Wide (46.5″ Upright Width)
- Weight: N/A
- Numbered Uprights: No
- Color: Black
- Made In: Import
Read below to get a detailed look at the REP PR-4100 Folding Wall Mount Rack including product details, features, real user feedback, and more.
REP PR-4100 Wall Mount Rack
The REP PR-4100 Wall Mount Rack is a high-quality and budget-friendly fold-back rack. This rack is built with 3×3 uprights, 5/8″ hardware, and it comes with Westside hole spacing.
You can purchase the rack with a 21.5″ depth or a 41″ depth and each comes with protective floor caps, a pull-up bar, and j-cups.
Read more below.
Features & Highlights
- Steel Size – The PR-4100 rack from REP is constructed with 3×3 11-gauge steel and it’s assembled with a bolt-together design. 3×3 steel is becoming increasingly popular for its strength, attachment compatibility, and its overall aesthetic.
- Wall-Mount Design – Wall-mount racks are popular for lifters who are working with tight space constraints. The most common place you’ll see this style of rack is in a garage because when it’s folded up, you can still park a car. This is a very efficient style of rack that takes up practically no room (6.5″) when folded. This rack folds into itself and retracts very easily once the quick-attach pull-up bar is removed. By folding in, there are no additional height constraints as may exist on racks that fold up.
- Assembly & Installation – The REP PR-4100 rack comes equipped with 8 lag bolts for mounting into studs/stringer. It also includes concrete anchors if you choose to mount the rack into a concrete wall. REP does not currently offer a steel stringer option, so you will need to purchase a wooden stringer from your local hardware store. It’s recommended to buy two pieces of wood measuring 2″x10″x56″. If your floor has a slope, you may need to add a shim underneath one of the uprights.
- Hole/Hardware Sizing – This rack uses 5/8″ hardware, which is one of the most common hardware sizes used on power racks. The rack will accommodate REP’s PR-4000 Attachments/Accessories as well as some from other companies (read more in the compatibility section below).
- Hole Spacing – The PR-4100 offers Westside hole spacing, which is a popular feature on 5/8″ racks. The holes are spaced 1″ apart through the bench zone, allowing for finer adjustments on your J-cups and safeties. This can be useful for people who are “in-between” sizes. Above and below the Westside section are holes with standard 2″ spacing between them. If you have more aggressive sloping in your floor, you can use the spacing to mount the uprights at different levels.
- Exterior Rack Dimensions – This rack can be purchased in two sizes: 21.5″ or 41″ depth. This is measured from the wall to the front of the outside upright (total depth). The crossmembers, therefore, measure 18.5″ and 38″. The overall width is 48.5″, but if you add the stringer, the total width will increase slightly (measured on wall). In terms of the uprights themselves, the total width is also 48.5″. The total height of the system is 92″.
- Safety Options – This Pr-4100 does not come with any safety options as standard. It’s highly recommended that you purchase the safety spotter arms so that you can confidently lift on the rack. These spotter arms can also allow for rack pulls and other movements.
- No Color Options – This rack is only available in a matte black powder coat.
What’s Included in the Box
The REP PR-4100 Folding Wall Mount Rack includes several pieces as standard:
- (2) Standard UHMW-Lined J-Cups
- (4) Mounting Brackets
- (4) Hitch Pins
- (8) Lag Bolts
- (8) Concrete Anchors
- (1) Quick-attach Pull-Up Bar
- (2) UHMW Plastic Caps for Floor Protection
- (4) 18.5″ or 38″ Crossmembers
- (2) 92″ Uprights
REP does not sell a steel stringer. You can purchase a wooden one from your local hardware store. It’s strongly recommended that you do so for increased stability.
The REP PR-4100 Rack is constructed with “3×3″ steel and 5/8” hardware, which is compatible with REP’s 4000-Series Attachments.
Some attachments that I think are worthy of consideration include the sandwich cups, the landmine, the dip attachment, and the safety spotter arms
The sandwich cups are beefier and nicer than the standard cups, the landmine adds a lot of barbell versatility, the dip attachment creates a portable dip station, and the safety spotters are essential for safety purposes.
As for attachment compatibility outside of REP Fitness, notable places to look are Rogue Fitness and Titan Fitness. Each of these companies offers attachments that will fit 3×3 and 5/8″ hardware (Rogue Monster Lite and Titan X-3). One thing to keep in mind is that imported racks use the metric system vs. the imperial system on USA-made racks. This means that hole spacing will be slightly shorter. If you find an attachment that has two pins (or a single pin with a second hitch pin) then it may not fit properly. Single-pin attachments tend to work fine.
What They’re Saying at REP Fitness
The REP PR-4100 Wall Mount Rack receives very positive feedback from users. With an average rating of 4.9/5, here are some of the things people have said at repfitness.com.
- “I’ve bought mine almost two years ago now and no complaints, I thought I would be using it and folding it to the wall but I ended up just leaving it out but I’m completely happy with it & no problems installing it that I remember.”
- “Just bought this during COVID 19 due to local gyms being shut down. Instructions could be better but as provided below, watched installation youtube videos to start the build from the bottom to account for the slope in the garage. The wood stringers are 2” in thickness, 10” in width, and 56” in length which fit perfectly.”
- “Awesome rack. Perfectly fits on wall and set up and take down is simple. Putting it on the wall was a chore but I found a set up vid for a ROGUE rack similar to this one that was informative and I followed his advice to start the build from the bottom brace into the stringer first to account for the slope in the garage. It may be harder to close but I just took a grinder and made a small channel since the ground was gonna be covered with mats anyways.”
- “We have the 41.5” version: very impressed with the sturdiness of the product. Swings smoothly for storage, rack doesn’t move during kipping gymnastics movements, and racks a barbell no sweat. It was a huge headache to put together, and better instructions need to be provided. We used 2x8s for the ledger board (anchors for the ledger board to the wall are NOT provided); make sure to take into account sloped garage floor before assembly. I would buy again, but drink a pot of coffee beforehand to get through assembly.“
- None Noted
Garage Gym Lab Review
The REP PR-4100 Folding Rack was a winner in the 2023 Best Folding Squat Rack Awards by Garage Gym Lab.
The below racks were picked as alternatives to the REP PR-4100 Folding Wall Mount Rack.