Rep Color Bumper Plates
- Manufacturer: REP Fitness
- Plate Type: Rubber Bumper Plate
- Insert Type: Center Ring
- Weight System: LB/Pounds
- Weight Increments: 10LB-45LB
- Durometer Rating/Bounce: NA/Medium Bounce
- Weight Tolerance: +/- 3%
- Diameter: 450mm
- Hole Size: 50.4mm
- Color: Color
- Made in: Import
- Warranty: 6 Months on 10-15lbs & 3 Years on 25lb+
Read below to get a detailed look at the REP Color Bumper Plates including product details, features, real user feedback, and more.
REP Color Bumper Plates
REP Color Bumper Plates are budget-friendly color-coded plates built very similarly to the black version. These plates have a respectable width profile and they receive very positive feedback from users.
These plates are great for CrossFit and general lifting, but they can also be used for Olympic weightlifting and powerlifting.
Read more for details.
Features & Highlights
- Low Bounce – Although REP doesn't claim a durometer rating, these plates have a medium-to-low amount of bounce, which likely puts these plates in the mid-to-upper 80 range in terms of a durometer rating. For perspective, bouncy Hi-Temps are ~75, and dead-bounce competition plates are 90+. These won't give you a dead bounce, but you won't be chasing them around your gym either.
- Center Ring – These plates use a steel center ring insert that measures 50.4mm in diameter. This is consistent with similar plates and it accommodates Olympic-sized barbells very nicely.
- Raised Flanges– The outer edges of the plates are raised to help when picking the plates up from a flat position or otherwise carrying them.
- Weight Offerings – REP Color Bumpers can be purchased from 10LB up to 55LB and they're sold in pairs. This is a benefit over the Black Bumpers from REP since those stop at 45LB. They're also available in sets ranging from 160LB up to 370LBS.
- Plate Width – These bumpers offer a nice overall width profile and, while you won't get the same thin profile as higher-end competition-style plates, you'll be able to load over 500LB on the bar. Plate widths are as follows:
- 10LB – 1″
- 15LB – 1.2″
- 25LB – 1.8″
- 35LB – 2.36″
- 45LB – 2.85″
- 55LB – 3.15″
- Durability – These plates have a strong reputation as far as durability is concerned. Like other plates of this style, things to look out for over time include a loosening center insert and chipping in the rubber. These bumpers include hooks that are actually molded into the plate to improve durability. It's not recommended to drop the 10LB or 15LB plates by themselves, as these are the most prone to warping/damage.
- Weight Tolerance – The Color Bumpers from REP have a weight tolerance of +/- 3%, which isn't as tight as some other plates that offer 1% or below. It's more than likely that plates will fall well within this tolerance, but it's something to consider if precision is important to you.
- Aesthetics – These are nice-looking color-coded bumpers with contrasting raised white lettering. They have a simple, but eye-catching design that looks great in the gym and makes it much easier to identify as compared to black plates. REP does also sell a black version of these plates, which you can read about here.
- Warranty – REP offers a 6-month warranty on 10LB-15LB plates and a 3-year warranty on 25LB+ plates, which is a solid warranty, especially on the 10-15LB plates.
What They're Saying at Repfitness.com
Rep Color Bumper Plates receive very positive feedback from users. With an average rating of 5/5, here are some of the things people have said at repfitness.com.
- “I lifted for 10 years in sports during HS and college. These are everything you need.. I bought a 230lb kit with (2) 55 lbs to make 340 lbs. and I bought the black sabre barbell. Awesome quality, fast shipping, awesome price. I will be buying more, thanks Rep Fitness.”
- “Love my colored bumpers. I have only had them a month, but definitely worth getting. Cant say as to longevity, but they have been a great addition for my personal “gym”. Easy to identify at a glance, solid, little bounce, fits the bar well, good value, and I don't worry about scraping my floors. Also got some colored fractionals that I have put to good use. Great investment.”
- “Purchased these for my HS Weight Room and they have not disappointed. I have 6 periods of athletics a day and we use these and they are holding up great and they are more thicker and sturdy then Id thought they would be.”
- “Worth every penny. The bumpers are extremely high quality and well built, although they did come in with a weird oily surface which I wiped off. The bounce is very minimal which makes it comfortable to drop without any worries.”
- “I purchased the 370lb package of colored plates and could not be happier. Awesome quality and perfect price. Buy them, you wont be disappointed.”
- “Adding these blue bumpers to our garage gym was a much needed touch of color and I needed more weights.”
- “The edges of the plates are slightly uneven or show were the molds used weren't aligned perfectly, but for the price its perfectly fine!”
Garage Gym Lab Review
Garage Gym Lab has not yet reviewed these plates.
The below plates were picked as alternatives to the REP Color Bumper Plates.