Rogue Color Echo Bumper Plates
- Manufacturer: Rogue Fitness
- Plate Type: Rubber Bumper Plate
- Insert Type: Stainless Steel Center Ring
- Weight System: LB/Pounds
- Weight Increments: 10LB-45LB
- Durometer Rating/Bounce: 88/Medium Bounce
- Weight Tolerance: +/- 1%
- Diameter: 450mm
- Hole Size: 50.4mm
- Color: Color
- Made in: Import
- Warranty: 90 Days on 10-15lbs & 3 Years on 25lb+
Read below to get a detailed look at the Rogue Color Echo Bumper Plates including product details, features, real user feedback, and more.
Rogue Color Echo Bumper Plates
Rogue Color Echo Bumper Plates are some of the most popular bumpers on the market. These plates have a clean look, they function well, they’re priced competitively, and they’re well-regarded by users.
These plates are great for general lifting, CrossFit, etc… but they can also be used for powerlifting and Olympic weightlifting specifically.
Rogue also sells a black version that’s approved to be used in the Army Combat Fitness Test.
Read more for details.
Features & Highlights
- Low Bounce – These plates have a durometer rating of 88, which provides a low bounce. A rating of 88 is in-line with several higher-end competition/training-style plates (88+). The higher the rating, the harder the material and the lower the bounce.
- Stainless Steel Center Ring – The center ring is made of stainless steel, which is very durable and protects nicely against oxidation. The ring itself measures 50.4mm, which is on par with more expensive competition-style plates. This will provide a very solid fit on Olympic-sized barbells. It’s also worth noting that the black version of these plates show a 50.6mm diameter with a +/- 0.2mm tolerance.
- Raised Flanges– The outer edges of the plates are raised to help when picking the plates up from a flat position or otherwise carry them.
- Weight Offerings – Rogue Color Echo Bumper Plates can be purchased from 10LB up to 45LB and they’re sold in pairs. They’re also available in sets ranging from 160LB up to 350LB. There are several set options available in the color variant that you cannot get with the black variant, which stops at 260LB. Pricing on sets includes shipping, whereas individual pairs do not.
- Plate Width – These plates have a fairly slim profile in comparison to other economy bumpers, which is a great benefit. You won’t get the same width as more expensive plates, but the profile on these plates will allow you to load a very respectable amount of weight on the bar. Plate widths are as follows:
- 10LB – 0.83″
- 15LB – 1.04″
- 25LB – 1.5″
- 35LB – 1.90″
- 45LB – 2.40″
- Durability – The Color Echos have a very good reputation as far as durability is concerned. The stainless steel insert coupled with virgin rubber is conducive to longevity, although it’s important to remember that these are economy bumpers. In a home gym setting, these will likely hold up very nicely. It’s recommended that you don’t drop the 10LB or 15LB plates by themselves, as this could lead to warping and/or the insert loosening.
- Weight Tolerance – The Rogue Color Echo Bumper Plates have an accurate weight tolerance of +/- 1%.
- Aesthetics – These plates have a classic color-coded look to them, and the contrasting white lettering really helps them stand out. These are overall a very nice-looking bumper plate, but some users have reported the plates scuff easily.
What They’re Saying at Roguefitness.com
Rogue Color Echo Bumper Plates receive very positive feedback from users. With an average rating of 4.9/5, here are some of the things people have said at roguefitness.com.
- “Bought these as a part of my effort to outfit a home gym from scratch. These have been a great addition and fit the professional grade quality I wanted. I bought multiple sizes and thus different colors which have proven aesthetically fun to see each morning and functional to easily organize my space. Great product.”
- “I purchased approximately 400 pounds of Echo bumper plates recently, and the quality of the materials is outstanding. Additionally, I measured each of the plates on a shipping scale and was surprised by the consistency. The 10-pound and 25-pound plates each weighed in at exactly 10 and 25 pounds, respectively. The six 45-pound plates that I purchased each weighed in at 44.8 pounds. That is half of Rogue’s claimed variance, and it gives me confidence when loading up the barbell that I need not worry about imbalances on heavy lifts.”
- “Love them! Look great, low bounce which is great for dropping in the garage gym from overhead for Oly type work. Highly recommended.”
- “These bumpers are amazing for the price. They don’t break the bank and will last a long time. So happy with my purchase!”
- “Always wanted to add to my collection. Weights are weights but the color, design and the fact that they are bumper plates makes lifting all the more fun.”
- “You enjoy your workouts more when you enjoy the space you’re working out in. For me, that means bright colors. So when I was shopping for colored bumpers and saw these I knew I had to have a set and I’ve loved them. They’ve certainly brightened up my pandemic work outs.”
- “I was surprised at how easily they were scratched and knew they’d look weathered pretty quickly. That said, they are nice, thin bumper plates that look pretty sharp. I didn’t end up keeping them but would recommend them if you don’t care about how they look.”
Garage Gym Lab Review
Garage Gym Lab has not yet reviewed these plates.
The below plates were picked as alternatives to the Rogue Color Echo Bumper Plates.