Fringe Sport Black Bumper Plates
- Manufacturer: Fringe Sport
- Plate Type: Rubber Bumper Plate
- Insert Type: Stainless Steel Center Ring
- Weight System: LB/Pounds
- Weight Increments: 10LB-55LB
- Durometer Rating/Bounce: 85/Medium Bounce
- Weight Tolerance: +/- 1%
- Diameter: 450mm
- Hole Size: 50.4mm
- Color: Black
- Made in: Import
- Warranty: 1 Year on 10-15LB & 3 Years on 25LB+
Read below to get a detailed look at the Fringe Sport Black Bumper Plates including product details, features, real user feedback, and more.
Fringe Sport Black Bumper Plates
The Fringe Sport Black Bumper Plates are some of the most popular economy bumper plates on the market. They’re well spec’d and very well-regarded by users. They also ship for free.
Fringe Sport also sells a contrast version and a full color version of these plates.
Read more for details.
Features & Highlights
- Low Bounce – These plates have a 90 durometer rating on the 10LB and 15LB plates and an 85 rating on 25LB+. This creates a medium-to-low bounce, which means you won’t be chasing your bar around the gym like you would with a bouncier plate. These ratings are generally consistent with plates of similar style.
- Center Ring – These plates use a stainless steel center ring insert with a 50.4mm diameter. This is consistent with similar plates and it accommodates Olympic-sized barbells nicely.
- Raised Flanges– The outer edges of the plates are raised to help when picking the plates up from a flat position or otherwise carrying them.
- Weight Offerings – Fringe Black Bumpers can be purchased from 10LB up to 55LB and they’re sold in pairs. They’re also available in sets ranging from 100LB up to 460LB, which is one of the most comprehensive set offerings on the market. All pairs and sets offer free shipping.
- Plate Width – These bumpers offer a nice overall width. They aren’t as narrow as higher-end plates, but they’re very comparable to competitive similar-style plates. Plate widths are as follows:
- 10LB – 1.05″
- 15LB – 1.2″
- 25LB – 1.87″
- 35LB – 2.35″
- 45LB – 2.9″
- 55LB – 3.2″
- Durability – These plates have a very strong reputation when it comes to durability. They include a hooked center insert that helps improve longevity. With this style of plate, the most common durability concerns center around the insert loosening over time and the rubber chipping. User feedback has been excellent overall, however, and these should last years, especially in a home gym setting.
- Weight Tolerance – The Black Bumpers from Fringe have a weight tolerance of +/- 1%, which is very competitive on this style of plate.
- Aesthetics – These plates are classic-looking basic bumpers. They have a full black look with raised lettering. White letters would certainly help in immediate recognition – if that’s important to you, it may be worthwhile to check into their contrast bumper plates.
- Warranty – Fringe Sport offers an impressive warranty on these plates. They warranty the 10LB & 15LB plates for 1 year, which is longer than most (6 months or less), and they warranty 25LB+ for 3 years.
What They’re Saying at fringesport.com
Fringe Sport Black Bumper Plates receive very positive feedback from users. With an average rating of 4.8/5, here are some of the things people have said at fringesport.com.
- “I recently purchased an additional set of 45 pound bumper plates from FringeSport to add to the set I had already purchased 6 months ago. These plates are the best quality for price you’ll find anywhere. I’ve been using them 5 days a week for the past 6 months and if I wipe the chalk off them you would think they are brand new still.”
- “I run nonforprofit training facilities for high school Athletes, so we need the best/most durable I can get for the cheapest price. We have used a variety of top named brands for our plates & none have even come close to standing up to the pounding as these plates. Highly recommend.”
- “These are the best plates I have ever loaded on a bar. They are super grippy so I don’t worry about dropping them. They are over half an inch thinner than my other cheap 45lb plates. They fit really snug on the sleeve so they are pretty quiet when dropped. I can’t wait to buy another pair.”
- “I surfed the web for bumper plates, best price and free shipping and Fringe is the way to go. Fast free shipping of a great product. These plates are better quality in my opinion than the “famous” brand at my Xfit gym.”
- “The all black bumpers I received didn’t have a strong rubber smell that black bumpers usually have (colored usually have way less smell, but not black), That alone was a huge plus to me. My other favorite thing about these is the lip on them, it makes them very easy to pick up and carry around compared to other bumper plates. Bounce is also nice and minimal.”
- “Seem durable and are significantly thinner than the rogue HG 2.0 plates I have. Wish I would have gotten all Fringe”
- “The smell is there, but it dissipates after time. I have them in the garage, so it doesn’t smell the house. Great products.”
Garage Gym Lab Review
Garage Gym Lab has not yet reviewed these plates.
The below plates were picked as alternatives to the Fringe Sport Black Bumper Plates.