Rogue MIL Spec Echo Bumpers
- Manufacturer: Rogue Fitness
- Plate Type: Rubber Bumper Plate
- Insert Type: Stainless Steel Center Ring
- Weight System: LB/Pounds
- Weight Increments: 10LB-45LB
- Durometer Rating/Bounce: 88/Medium Bounce
- Weight Tolerance: +/- 1%
- Diameter: 450mm
- Hole Size: 50.6mm
- Color: Black
- Made in: Import
- Warranty: 90 Days on 10-15lbs & 2 Years on 25lb+
Read below to get a detailed look at the Rogue MIL Spec Echo Bumper Plates including product details, features, real user feedback, and more.
Rogue MIL Spec Echo Bumpers
Rogue MIL Spec Echo Bumpers are economically-priced bumpers that are built similar to the Rogue Echo Bumpers. The main differences are that these are slightly thicker, they have an all-black color scheme, and they don't have as strong as a warranty.
These plates are ideal for CrossFit, general training, and ACFT preparation, although they can be used in other applications as well. Plate width and bounce will be the biggest limitations with Olympic weightlifting and powerlifting.
Read more for details.
Features & Highlights
- Low Bounce – These plates have a durometer rating of 88, which provides a low bounce. A rating of 88 is in-line with several higher-end competition/training-style plates (88+). The higher the rating, the harder the material and the lower the bounce.
- Stainless Steel Center Ring – The center ring is made of stainless steel, which is very durable and protects nicely against oxidation. The ring itself measures ~50.6mm in diameter, which will accommodate Olympic-sized barbells. This diameter will also tend to sit marginally looser on the bar compared to something like a competition plate with a smaller diameter (~50.4mm).
- Raised Flanges– The outer edges of the plates are raised to help when picking the plates up from a flat position or otherwise carry them.
- Weight Offerings – The Rogue MIL Spec Echo Bumpers can be purchased from 10LB up to 45LB and they're sold in pairs. They're also available in sets ranging from 160LBS up to 260LBS. Pricing on sets includes shipping, whereas individual pairs do not.
- Plate Width – This plates offer a decent width profile. They're not as thin as the normal Echo Bumpers, but you can still load over 500LB with these plates. Plate widths are as follows:
- 10LB – 0.83″
- 15LB – 1.2″
- 25LB – 1.6″
- 35LB – 2.07″
- 45LB – 2.72″
- Durability – These plates have a good reputation for being durable. It's not recommended to drop the 10LB or 15LB plates by themselves since these are the most prone to warping. In a home gym setting, these plates should last a very long time. Things to look out for over time include the center ring loosening and the rubber chipping.
- Weight Tolerance – These plates have an accurate weight tolerance of +/- 1%.
- Aesthetics – These are nice-looking plates with the all-black color scheme and raised lettering. On the normal Echo Bumpers, you get contrasting white lettering, but it's not raised.
- ACFT Approved – The MIL Spec Echo Bumpers are approved to be used in the Army Combat Fitness Test.
- Warranty – The 10LB and 15LB plates are warrantied for 90 days while the 25LB+ plates are warrantied for 2 years. Normal Echo Bumpers have a 180-day and 3-year warranty, respectively.
What They're Saying at Roguefitness.com
Rogue MIL Spec Echo Bumper Plates receive very positive feedback from users. With an average rating of 4.9/5, here are some of the things people have said at roguefitness.com.
- “These plates far exceeded my expectations. They are a well worth investment. If you want sleek, high quality plates without a rancid smell, these are for you. They arrived quickly and the customer service is unmatched. Thank you Rogue!”
- “Solid set of plates, great pricing, fast shipping. I got a large chunk of them (4 x 10, 2 x 15, 2 x 25, 2 x 35, and 4 x 45 lb). Great addition to my home gym. Fits great on all my bars. Comes with a slight oily feel right out of the box. Feels like they came right of the assembly line. But a quick wipe down and they are all set. Feel like these things will outlive me. They seem like they will hold up real well to some punishment.”
- “Very well made bumper plates. I have used many kinds of bumpers and for the money these are fantastic!”
- “Great quality bumper that won’t break the bank. It is not as wide as other bumpers that are 45lbs. The weight slides on the barbell with ease and is not as noisy as cast iron weights. I would recommend this product or someone who wants good quality bumper plates that not as expensive as other bumper plates”
- “Everything you need. Nothing you don't. High quality, outstanding packaging, ship time and delivery. Excellent all around purchase. Will buy more.”
- “Works great in the garage gym, great value for bumper plates.”
- “I’m not a fan of how smooth the surface of them are, which doesn’t matter at a lighter weight but the 45s feel a little slick when handling them with sweaty hands.”
Garage Gym Lab Review
Garage Gym Lab has not yet reviewed these plates.
The below plates were picked as alternatives to the Rogue MIL Spec Echo Bumpers.