Strongarm Sport Squat Bar
- Manufacturer: Strongarm Sport
- Purpose: Squat
- Bar Weight: 25kg
- Tensile Strength: N/A
- Yield Strength: N/A
- Knurl Type: Aggressive
- Center Knurl: Yes
- Knurl Marks: Powerlifting
- Shaft Finish: Bare Steel
- Shaft Diameter: 32mm
- Sleeve Finish: Bare Steel
- Sleeve Type: Grooved
- Rotation System: Bushing
- Made In: Import
- Warranty: N/A
Read below to get a closer look at the Strongarm Sport Squat Bar including product details, features, real user feedback, and more.
Strongarm Sport Squat Bar
The Strongarm Sport Squat Bar is a budget-friendly no-frills squat bar with nice specs and positive feedback from users.
Read more for details.
Features & Highlights
- Bare Steel – This bar comes standard in bare steel. Bare Steel is the most cost-effective “finish” available because… well… it’s not finished in anything. Because of that, it ranks very highly in the ‘feel’ department. You’ll get a completely raw texture that provides outstanding grip. It also takes chalk very well. The downside to bare steel is that it’s very prone to oxidation. There is no preventing it, although 3-in-1 oil or similar is commonly used to mitigate it.
- Knurl Pattern & Coverage – The Strongarm Sport Squat Bar includes a fairly aggressive powerlifting-style knurl with additional coverage above and beyond a traditional power bar. This bar offers a wide 12″ center knurl for additional grip on the back and traps.
- 32mm Shaft – This bar comes equipped with a thick 32mm shaft, which is standard from a squat bar. This creates an extremely rigid shaft ideal for extremely heavy squat attempts.
- Grooved Sleeves – The grooved sleeves will tend to keep the plates on the bar better than a smooth sleeve when not using collars, but they will also be louder. The sleeves on this bar are also bare steel.
- Total Length & Sleeve length – The Strongarm Sport Squat Bar has a total length of 97.2″ with a loadable sleeve length of 18.1″, making it considerably longer than a traditional barbell. For perspective, a traditional bar will generally have a total length of ~86.75″ and a sleeve length of ~16.5″ and below. Total length of this bar is longer than both the Texas Squat Bar and the Rogue Squat bar.
From the Manufacturer
Are you squatting 300 lbs? Our StrongArmPower Bar will work great for you. But if you are doing 500, 600, or 1000 lbs or more, really serious weight, you should be using a squat bar.
A squat bar is thicker than a regular bar, 32 mil compared to the 28 or 29 of most power bars, making it much stiffer. When you hit the bottom of a heavy squat, you don’t want that bar flexing downwards, making the weight feel even heavier. It’s also longer, allowing more weight to be put on the bar, and making it easier to get your hands outside of the rack hooks (very common for the bigger lifters).
Lastly, the centre knurling is wider than any other bar, giving that “velcro” feel on your back.
Bar weight is 25 kg, 55 lbs.
What They’re Saying at Bells of Steel & Strongarm Sport
The Strongarm Sport Squat Bar receives very positive feedback from users. With an average rating of 5/5, here are some of the things people have said at bellsofsteel.us.
- “This is an excellent product at a great price point. I’ve already loaded it to 700lbs and it’s as good as any other squat bar I’ve used in competition.”
- “I’ve been squatting with my rogue Ohio bar for multiple years. Now that I’ve been getting up into the mid 500s on squat I’ve noticed the bar would slip down my back because of it not having middle knurling. So after doing my research I decided to buy strongarm sports squat bar and let me tell you it’s a world of difference. The bar is nice and thicc for my gorilla hand and the middle knurling glues it to my back. I feel so much safe squating heavy now that I have this bar in my arsenal. If you’re looking for a squat bar I would 100% recommend it.”
- “I love squatting. It’s my favorite exercise by far. I am so grateful I found this bar. This bar is absolutely perfect. I’ve had it for about a week so I can not comment on upkeep (since it’s bare steel) BUT I love the feel of bare steel and the knurling is superb. I could not be any happier about this purchase. If you’re looking for a squat bar this is definitely a solid choice.”
- “Am I squatting enough to require a squat bar? Probably not. But at this price point it’s hard to pass up. First off: This thing is Thicc, The 32mm thickness feels amazing on squats and the pushed out collars ensure you’ll never bang the uprights walking out your squats. The aggressive and extensive knurling leaves the bar feeling glued to your back giving you that extra confidence boost squatting heavy.”
- “I’ve had the StrongArm Squat bar for a couple weeks now and I am very happy with my purchase. The bar is on par with the Texas squat bar and considerably cheaper. If you’re squatting 500 or more lbs you should definitely give this bar a look.”
- “Only critique is the knurling in the center could be a bit coarser but all in all a great bar!”
Garage Gym Lab Review
Garage Gym Lab has not yet reviewed this bar.
The below barbells were picked as alternatives to the Strongarm Sport Squat Bar: