Sorinex Diamond Bar – Dual
- Manufacturer: Sorinex
- Purpose: Trap Bar
- Bar Weight: 70 lbs
- Single/Dual Handles: Dual
- Knurled: Yes
- Handle Diameter: 33mm
- Shaft Finish: Powder Coat
- Sleeve Finish: Powder Coat
- Olympic-Sized Sleeves: No
- Rackable: Yes
- Sleeve Length: 16″
- Made In: USA
- Warranty: N/A
Read below to get a detailed look at the Sorinex Dual Handle Trap Bar including product details, features, real user feedback, and more.
Sorinex Diamond Bar – Dual Handle
The Sorinex Dual-Handled Diamond Bar is a quality rackable trap bar with a dual handle height and other nice features.
Read more for details.
Features & Highlights
- Dual Handle Height – The Sorinex Dual Diamond Bar includes dual handles to allow for full and partial range-of-motion lifts. The high handle sits 6″ off the floor.
- Knurled Handles – The handles on the Diamond Bar are fully knurled from end-to-end in a medium pattern with a single knurl ring in the center. The handle diameter is 33mm, which is in-line with several notable trap bars.
- Rackable – This bar is rackable, giving you additional versatility (rack pulls, overhead press, pull-ups, etc…).
- Sleeve Length – The Dual-Handle Diamond Bar offers 16″ of loadable sleeve length, which is among the highest in the trap bar class.
- Powder Coat Finish – Powder Coat is a very common finish on specialty bars. It does a good job at limiting oxidation, but it does tend to show scuffs easily, especially on the sleeves and rack contact points.
- Non-Olympic Sized Sleeve – The sleeves on the Sorinex Dual-Handle Diamond Bar are not Olympic-sized, which means you will need specialty collars. My personal recommendation is Proloc since they can be used on any bar. They would very well and they're well-priced.
- Made in the USA – This bar is made in the USA.
From the Manufacturer
The Sorinex Single Handle Diamond Bar is the preferred Trap Bar / Hex Bar of the ACFT (Army Combat Fitness Test). Designed in 2002 when President/CEO Bert Sorin needed his trap bar (hex bar) to work within the rack to overhead press, but existing models were too short. The Sorinex Diamond Bar was born and became the first of its kind long enough (16-inch sleeves) to integrate into a rack. The Double Handle Diamond Bar features varied pulling positions that are easy to use by simply flipping the Diamond Bar over. Pull, press, deadlifts, shrugs, carries and more.
What They're Saying at Sorinex
The Sorinex Diamond Bar receives good feedback from users. With an average rating of 4/5, here are some of the things people have said at sorinex.com.
- “It’s a solidly built trap bar. I don’t plan on using it in a rack, but it’s nice to have room for a one side deadlift jack. If you want to flip a loaded bar from high to handles the high handles will dig into the floor. Not a big deal unless someone does it on a nice lifting platform. Weighs in at 69.8 pounds. It’s a bear to move around. I don’t like messing with deadlift blocks. The 6” handles are a bit high, but I don’t mind stacking up some mats to stand on to offset that. If you don’t mind pulling off blocks, the regular bar is cheaper and easier to store. Overall I’m happy with the purchase.
- “Bar is in perfect condition and very well-made. Can be racked in a standard power rack. Very happy with the purchase. Well worth the price.”
- “I ordered this bar and came in all beat up bad all over .. I called and emailed company but they won’t let me return. Only way I can return this… they said “you have to pay shipping (it was over $100)and we charge you 30% restocking fee!” What a nice way to handle your business.. don’t make same mistake order from rogue fitness so you can return later!”
Garage Gym Lab Review
Garage Gym Lab has not yet reviewed this bar.
The below barbells were picked as alternatives to the Sorinex Dual-Handle Diamond Bar: