Titan Fitness Black Bumper Plates
- Manufacturer: Titan Fitness
- Plate Type: Rubber Bumper Plate
- Insert Type: Stainless Steel Center Ring
- Weight System: LB/Pounds
- Weight Increments: 10LB-45LB + 100LB
- Durometer Rating/Bounce: 88/Medium Bounce
- Weight Tolerance: N/A
- Diameter: 450mm
- Hole Size: 50.8mm
- Color: Black
- Made in: Import
- Warranty: 1 Year
Read below to get a detailed look at the Titan Fitness Black Bumper Plates including product details, features, real user feedback, and more.
Titan Fitness Black Bumper Plates
Titan Fitness Black Bumper Plates are basic economy bumpers with solid specs that won't fly off the stat sheet. These are well-priced, they ship for free, and they get very good overall feedback from users.
Titan also sells a color version of these plates.
Read more for details.
Features & Highlights
- Low Bounce – The Black Bumpers from Titan have a durometer rating of 88, which equates to a low bounce – you won't be chasing your bar around the gym.
- Center Ring – These plates use a stainless steel center ring insert with a 50.8mm diameter. This is larger than the 50.4mm or 50.6mm diameter on some similar-style plates, but this will accommodate Olympic-sized sleeves and fit relatively snug.
- Raised Flanges– The outer edges of the plates are raised to help when picking the plates up from a flat position or otherwise carrying them.
- Weight Offerings – Titan Black Bumpers can be purchased from 10LB up to 45LB and they also include a 100LB option. These plates are sold as pairs from 25LB down and as singles from 35LB up. Therefore, the prices you see on Titan's website need to be taken into account as to whether they should be doubled. The price you see on this page is for a pair of 45LB plates. They're also available in 230LB and 260LB sets. All plates ship for free.
- Plate Width – These aren't the thinnest plates on the block, although you'll be able to load a respectable amount of weight on the bar (405LB+). Plate widths are as follows:
- 10LB – 1″
- 15LB – 1.25″
- 25LB – 1.78″
- 35LB – 2.75″
- 45LB – 3.5″
- 100LB – 5.25″
- Durability – These plates have a strong reputation as far as durability is concerned from users. With this style of plate, the most common durability concerns center around the insert loosening over time and the rubber chipping. In a home gym setting, these should have a long life. It's not recommended to drop the 10LB plates by themselves because they're most prone to warping.
- Weight Tolerance – The Black Bumpers from Titan don't have a stated weighted tolerance, and several users have expressed concern over their tolerances. One user mentioned some plates being completely accurate while others were between 2-4 pounds off. If strict accuracy is important to you, it may be best to look at another product with a guaranteed tolerance.
- Aesthetics – These plates are very basic-looking bumpers. They have a full black scheme with raised lettering and an overall minimalist look.
What They're Saying at titan.fitness
Titan Fitness Black Bumper Plates receive very positive feedback from users. With an average rating of 4.8/5, here are some of the things people have said at titan.fitness.
- “The quality and design on these bumper plates is phenomenal! The wait was totally worth it, no smell and the best price on the net. Would definitely buy more when they come back in stock again. The weight is perfect and the finish is flawless. Thanks Titan keep up the great work.”
- “These plates are perfect and definitely meet the quality standards of the other more expensive manufacturers.”
- “Love these plates and you can not beat them for the price!”
- “I have bumpers from a lot of different companies rogue, again faster, and Titan. These bumpers have lasted through countless uses. For the titan deal there is no better option.”
- “I have a pair of 45’s, 35’s, 25’s, and 15’s. All plates were within 1%. 45’s both weighed 45.4, 35’s weighed 34.8 and 35.2, 25’s both weighed 25.2, and the 15’s were both 15.0”
- “These were black, round, rubber and heavy. Perfect for putting on a bar, picking up, and setting back down.”
- “The plates look great and are put together nicely. Only compliant would be that they have a slight oily residue on them that I had to wipe off. The ones I received don’t have a weird rubber smell to them.”
Garage Gym Lab Review
Garage Gym Lab has not yet reviewed these plates.
The below plates were picked as alternatives to the Titan Fitness Black Bumper Plates.