Titan Fitness Color Bumper Plates
- Manufacturer: Titan Fitness
- Plate Type: Rubber Bumper Plate
- Insert Type: Stainless Steel Center Ring
- Weight System: LB/Pounds
- Weight Increments: 10LB-45LB
- Durometer Rating/Bounce: 88/Medium Bounce
- Weight Tolerance: N/A
- Diameter: 450mm
- Hole Size: 50.8mm
- Color: Color
- Made in: Import
- Warranty: 1 Year
Read below to get a detailed look at the Titan Fitness Color Bumper Plates including product details, features, real user feedback, and more.
Titan Fitness Color Bumper Plates
Titan Fitness Color Bumper Plates are basic economy bumpers with full color and solid specs that won't blow the stat sheet out of the water. These are well-priced, they ship for free, and they get very good overall feedback from users.
Titan also sells a black version of these plates.
Read more for details.
Features & Highlights
- Low Bounce – The Color Bumpers from Titan have a durometer rating of 88, which equates to a low bounce – you won't be chasing your bar around the gym.
- Center Ring – These plates use a stainless steel center ring insert with a 50.8mm diameter. This is larger than the 50.4mm or 50.6mm diameter on some similar-style plates, but this will accommodate Olympic-sized sleeves and fit relatively snug.
- Raised Flanges– The outer edges of the plates are raised to help when picking the plates up from a flat position or otherwise carrying them.
- Weight Offerings – Titan Color Bumpers can be purchased from 10LB up to 45LB. These plates are sold as pairs from 25LB down and as singles from 35LB up. Therefore, the prices you see on Titan's website need to be taken into account as to whether they should be doubled. The price you see on this page is for a pair of 45LB plates. They're also available in 230LB and 260LB sets. All plates ship for free.
- Plate Width – These aren't the thinnest plates on the block, although you'll be able to load a respectable amount of weight on the bar (405LB+). Plate widths are as follows:
- 10LB – 1″
- 15LB – 1.38″
- 25LB – 1.86″
- 35LB – 2.75″
- 45LB – 3.5″
- Durability – These plates have a solid reputation as far as durability is concerned from users. With this style of plate, the most common durability concerns center around the insert loosening over time and the rubber chipping. In a home gym setting, these should have a long life. It's not recommended to drop the 10LB plates by themselves because they're most prone to warping.
- Weight Tolerance – The Color Bumpers from Titan don't have a stated weighted tolerance. While user feedback on the color version doesn't report any concerns, the black bumper plates do have some reports of plates being 2-4LBS out of tolerance. If accuracy is important to you, it may help to look at other options with guaranteed tolerances.
- Aesthetics – These plates are very basic-looking color bumpers. They have raised lettering in the same color, so the text isn't as legible as a contrasting color, but the overall plate colors look good and they help with quick plate identification.
What They're Saying at titan.fitness
Titan Fitness Color Bumper Plates receive very positive feedback from users. With an average rating of 4.8/5, here are some of the things people have said at titan.fitness.
- “I'm very happy with these. They are quality weights at a great price point. The color looks great and the construction is very good.”
- “I got myself a pair of the 35lb bumpers to complete a set of titan bumpers for my home gym. They are free of defects, the color and surface looks slick, and they fit my barbells as required. Great value.”
- “Fits perfectly on bar. No warping. No odor. No greasy residue to clean off. Just 2 beautiful green 10 pound bumper plates at a ridiculously low price.”
- “I ordered the 45s and some change plates. I am trying to order more now. I got the 15's and 10's. I will get them all when they are back in stock. this was a good addition to my home gym”
- “If you are looking for high quality economy bumpers buy these plates! If you go elsewhere to buy economy bumper plates you won't find better quality, you'll just find higher prices.”
- “I did my research just like anyone would with these bumper plates and debating if I should spend the extra 1000.00 on other brands. Yes thousands not hundreds for another brand set. You have your bad reviews and good reviews on different websites. Well I took my chance at these and BAM, they come delivered well packaged. I open them and am shocked at what I see. I see better than what is pictured on the website. Clean look, no grease on them to wipe off like others say, just an awesome product from Titan Fitness.”
- “Overall they do what they are supposed to do. I have noticed that there is some warping over the last couple of months. I don't drop them or abuse them, they just don't sit perfectly flat against other Titan bumpers when they are on the bar even when using a clamp.”
Garage Gym Lab Review
Garage Gym Lab has not yet reviewed these plates.
The below plates were picked as alternatives to the Titan Fitness Color Bumper Plates.