Titan Fitness KG Urethane Bumper Plates
- Manufacturer: Titan Fitness
- Plate Type: Urethane Bumper Plate
- Insert Type: Chrome Steel Disc
- Weight System: KG/Kilograms
- Weight Increments: 5KG-25KG
- Durometer Rating/Bounce: NA/Low Bounce
- Weight Tolerance: +/- 1%
- Diameter: 450mm
- Hole Size: 50.6mm
- Color: Color
- Made in: Import
- Warranty: 1 Year
Read below to get a detailed look at the Titan Fitness KG Color Urethane Plates including product details, features, real user feedback, and more.
Titan Fitness KG Urethane Bumper Plates
Titan Fitness KG Urethane Bumper Plates are high-quality urethane plates at a mid-tier price. They have good overall specs and they receive positive overall feedback from users.
This is the KG variant – Titan Fitness also makes an LB Urethane Bumper Plate.
Read more for details.
Features & Highlights
- Urethane – Urethane is a premium material that offers several benefits compared to rubber. It's more durable, it's odorless, and it produces more vibrant colors.
- Minimal Bounce – Titan Fitness doesn't state a durometer rating on these plates, but urethane plates offer a very low bounce, and feedback has reported this to be true with these plates. Most urethane plates have a durometer rating of 90, which is in-line with competition-style bumper plates.
- Chrome-Plated Steel Disc – The KG Urethane Bumper Plates from Titan Fitness have a hard chrome center hub that's larger than the center rings on traditional bumper plates but smaller than full hubs of competition-style plates. The hub is single-piece construction, which is standard for urethane plates. The hole opening on these plates is 50.6mm vs 50.4 – this is slightly larger than other plates but it will still accommodate Olympic-sized bars well.
- Raised Flanges– The outer edges of the plates are raised to help when picking the plates up from a flat position or otherwise carrying them. There is also a raised flange around the center disc to prevent metal-on-metal contact and to extend the life of the plates.
- Weight Offerings – Titan Fitness KG Urethane Bumper Plates can be purchased from 5KG up to 25KG and they're sold in singles (except for 5KG, which is sold in pairs). The price you see on the Titan website is for a single plate while the price you see on this page is that of the pair. The 5KG offering a nice benefit that some urethane plate manufacturers do not offer. They can also be purchased in a 150KG set. All plates ship for free.
- Plate Width – Plate thickness is generally a big benefit with urethane. They're generally very thin, and in some cases, thinner than competition rubber plates. Plate widths are as follows:
- 5KG – 0.94″
- 10KG – 1.5″
- 15KG – 1.77″
- 20KG – 1.97″
- 25KG – 2.2″
- Durability – Urethane is a highly durable material built to stand up to a lot of abuse. These plates have a good reputation in the durability department. It's not recommended to drop the 5KG plates by themselves since they're the most susceptible to warping.
- Texture – The plates have a pebble grain texture to them that helps your grip, but they aren't quite as grippy as rubber competition plates. Urethane tends to be a little slicker.
- Weight Tolerance – The Titan Fitness KG Urethane Bumper Plates have a very accurate weight tolerance of +/- 1% (standard for urethane).
- Aesthetics – While these aren't my favorite-looking urethane plates, they do still look very nice. They have vibrant colors and raised lettering, but the ‘TITAN' gets a little lost considering it's the same color as the plate.
What They're Saying at titan.fitness
Titan Fitness KG Urethane Bumper Plates receive very positive feedback from users. With an average rating of 5/5, here are some of the things people have said at titan.fitness.
- “Very accurate. They fit the bar beautifully and stay put. The color is vibrant and they have a low bounce. These have not outgassed like the rubber bumpers I have bought in the past. I will get a complete set when they are back in stock”
- “A+ quality very nice weight plates.”
- “This is my first experience with urethane bumper plates and I am very happy with it.”
- “I bought 2 weight plates of 10kg each. I'm very satisfied my the quality of the weight plates. Patiently waiting to buy a pair of 15kgs now”
- “I was looking for 5 kg change plates and came across these. Looked like a great option compared to other brands that were more than twice the cost. They seemed to be solid and fit the sleeves snuggly. Although they are smaller than the standard Olympic plate and not meant to be dropped, they are perfect for warming up and as change plates.”
- “amazing quality! urethane is so beautiful! 5 star!”
- None Noted
Garage Gym Lab Review
Garage Gym Lab has not yet reviewed these plates.
The below plates were picked as alternatives to the Titan Fitness KG Urethane Bumper Plates.