Griffin Adjustable FID Bench
- Manufacturer: Griffin Fitness
- Bench Type: Flat/Incline/Decline
- Adjustment Style: Ladder
- # of Back Adjustments: 7 (-15-85 degrees)
- # of Seat Adjustments: 3
- Flat Bench Height: 18″
- Pad Dimensions: 12″ Wide, 54″ Long, 2.5″ Thick
- Bench Weight: 88 lbs
- Weight Limit: 1,000lbs
- Wheels: Yes
- Tripod Design: Yes
- Color: Black
- Made In: Import
- Warranty: 10 Years on Frame
Read below to get a detailed look at the Griffin Adjustable FID Bench including product details, features, real user feedback, and more.
Griffin Adjustable FID Bench
The Griffin Adjustable FID Bench uses a very popular design that brings flat, incline, and decline potential. The bench is priced well, it's well made, and it gets very good user feedback.
Read more below.
Features & Highlights
- Ladder & Pin Design – The Griffin FID bench includes a ladder-style adjustment on the back pad and a pop-pin adjustment on the seat. The back adjustment is especially fast and easy to use.
- # of Adjustments – The bench offers 7 back adjustments and 3 seat adjustments for a total of 21 potential adjustment options. The back pad ranges from -15 degrees to 85 degrees (-15, 0, 20, 35, 50, 65, 85).
- Pad/Seat Gap – There is a minimal (less than 2″) gap between the back and the seat. This is very manageable compared to come adjustable benches, making flat bench work less bothersome.
- Seat Pad & Leg Roller – The bench's seat gradually gets wider vs. some benches that gradually taper. It also includes leg rollers for decline work or for those who prefer it when flat or incline benching. Since the leg roller also includes the bench's handle, it's intended to remain on the bench. You can adjust the angle based on your height/preferences, but some may find the permanent nature of the rollers to be a downside.
- Weight Limit – The Griffin adjustable FID bench offers a 1,000lb rating, making it capable of handling virtually anything you can throw at it.
- Not IPF Height – Sitting at 18″ tall, this bench is not IPF height, but this isn't uncommon among adjustable benches. If you perform a lot of flat bench press, it may be a good idea to pick up a dedicated flat bench. The Griffin Competition Flat Bench is a great companion option.
- Includes Wheels & Handle – This 88LB bench does include a handle and wheels, making it much easier to maneuver around the gym.
- Grippy Vinyl – This bench offers a textured vinyl that produces a great grip and reduces slippage while benching.
- No Upright Storage – There is no option for upright storage on this bench. Technically you can prop it up against a wall with something behind the wheels to prevent the bench from falling, but a standalone storage feature is not available.
- Warranty – The Griffin FID bench offers a 10-year warranty on the frame.
What They're Saying at Griffin Fitness
The Griffin Adjustable FID Bench receives very positive feedback from users. With an average rating of 5/5, here are some of the things people have said at griffin.fitness.
- “Awesome bench. Doesn’t wobble one bit while benching heavy weights. To me, this bench is identical to the Rep AB-3000. Welds are significant better though. Also, Would rather have the Griffin name.”
- “This thing is a tank and should be able to handle way more than I’ll ever put it through. Saved a few bucks from the competition ordering from Griffin even though I live across the country. Really couldn’t be happier”
- “Great quality for the price! I was amazed by the heavy gauge steel used and the padding is thick and comfortable. I also love the attention to detail in the build of this bench. Thanks for a great product!”
- “Very sturdy bench. Great value and has quickly become one of my favorite and most used gym items I’ve purchased.”
- “Great bench for the price! Does not wobble one bit; the bench is a tank.
Super grateful for this SoCal company, waiting patiently to buy other items!“
- “Shipping came quick, assembly was just as easy as REP– probably easier due to slightly different included tools. In a side-by-side comparison, this bench sits and feels exactly like a REP bench and sturdy like a rock. Looks like REP just increased their prices, so if you want to save a little and still get a better bench, Griffin all the way”
- None Noted
Garage Gym Lab Review
Garage Gym Lab owns this bench and is in the process of reviewing it. Stay tuned!
The below benches were picked as alternatives to the Griffin Adjustable FID Bench.