Griffin Squat Stand
- Manufacturer: Griffin Fitness
- Rack Type: Squat Stand
- Tube Size: 3×3 11-Gauge Steel
- Hole Size: 5/8″
- Hole Spacing: Westside (1″ ) through bench zone. 2″ above and below.
- Height: 72″
- Footprint: 52.25″ Deep/47″ Wide
- Weight: N/A
- Numbered Uprights: Yes
- Color: Black
- Made In: USA
Read below to get a detailed look at the Griffin Squat Stand including product details, features, real user feedback, and more.
Griffin Squat Stand
The Griffin Fitness Squat Stand is a well-priced and nicely-spec’d squat stand that you can grow into. This stand allows for the addition of a half-rack section that will provide plate storage, a pull-up bar, and increased stability. This stand is built with 3×3 11-gauge steel and it offers 5/8″ holes and Westside spacing.
If you want to buy the half-rack directly, you can check out the Griffin Half Rack.
Read more below.
Features & Highlights
- Steel Size – The Squat Stand from Griffin is constructed with 3×3 11-gauge steel and it’s assembled with a bolt-together design. 3×3 steel is popular for its strength, attachment compatibility, and its overall aesthetic.
- Flat Foot Design – One of the biggest benefits of a squat stand is that you don’t have to bolt it down because of the flat foot design. This U-shaped base keeps the rack secure to the floor. During heavy sets when re-racking your bar, you may find the rack will shift slightly. This is normal for a squat stand – the overall stability of the stand is very strong and safe.
- Hole/Hardware Sizing – This rack uses 5/8″ hardware, which is one of the most common hardware sizes used on power racks. The rack will accommodate Griffin’s GR3 Lite Attachments/Accessories as well as some from other companies (read more in the compatibility section below).
- Hole Spacing – This squat stand offers Westside hole spacing, which is a common feature on 5/8″ racks. The holes are spaced 1″ apart through the bench zone, allowing for finer adjustments on your J-cups and safeties. This can be useful for people who are “in-between” sizes. Above and below the Westside section are holes with standard 2″ spacing between them.
- Exterior Rack Dimensions – Another benefit of a squat stand is that it offers a smaller footprint than most other racks. This rack has a total width of 47″ and a total depth of 52.5″. A 47″ width is a great feature – it makes it easier to cleanly rack and un-rack your bar because you have more distance between the uprights and the plates. The total height of this squat stand is only 72″, which makes it a great option for anyone with short ceiling clearance.
- Safety Options – This stand does not come with any safety options as standard. It is highly recommended that you purchase the safety spotter arms so that you can confidently lift on the rack. These spotter arms can also allow for rack pulls and other movements.
- No Color Options – The Griffin Squat Stand is only available in a black powder coat.
What’s Included in the Box
The Griffin Squat Stand includes the following pieces as standard:
- (2) GR3 Lite J-Cups with UHMW Lining
- (1) Flat Foot Base
- (2) 72″ Uprights with Side Holes
Optionally, you can purchase the half-rack conversion later. This increases the height to 92″ and it gives you a pull-up bar and on-rack plate storage.
The Griffin Squat Stand is constructed with 3×3 steel and 5/8″ hardware, which is compatible with Griffin’s GR3 Lite Attachments.
The dip attachment allows for a portable dip station, the sandwich j-cups are a big improvement over the standard cups, the landmine provides additional barbell versatility, and the spotter arms are essential for safety.
As for attachment compatibility outside of Griffin Fitness, notable places to look are Rogue Fitness, REP Fitness, and Titan Fitness. Each of these companies offers attachments that will fit 3×3 and 5/8″ hardware (Rogue Monster Lite, REP PR-4000, and Titan X-3). One thing to keep in mind is that imported racks (Griffin/REP/Titan) use the metric system vs. the imperial system on USA-made racks (Rogue). This means that hole spacing will be slightly shorter. If you find an attachment that has two pins (or a single pin with a second hitch pin) then it may not fit properly. Single-pin attachments tend to work fine.
What They’re Saying at Griffin Fitness
The Griffin Squat Stand is a new product with no current reviews. This section will be updated as reviews as posted at griffin.fitness.
Garage Gym Lab Review
Garage Gym Lab has not yet reviewed the Griffin Squat Stand.
The below racks were picked as alternatives to the Griffin Squat Stand.